Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Giz
Site Admin

08-07-15 How horrible it is

Post by Giz »

wiseguy

Re: 08-07-15 How horrible it is

Post by wiseguy »

let's see, Amber with Rick? Julian at sofa?? and Ruby at Dill's? Rick should not be with Julian as Julian might try flirting with Rick as he is dreaming he is with Dillon 8-}

for poor Dill, safest might be with Amber, and have Ruby with Julian(they will not do nothing, just plot) and Rick at sofa or believe it or not, Ruby with Rick and Julian at sofa as Rick would be afraid of make believe BF of Ruby and Dill would not want sofa as Julian might sneak in

Dill with Ruby can be dangerous, Ruby can sneak out, allow Julian to sneak in and end up Julian be with Dillon at bed :ymdevil:
ImageImage

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

So will Ruby relly try to implement this plan and what will it look like. This is gonna be fun. I wonder if Angel could be of any help.

Damn Ruby is cute in the first panel ! :x

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cute, but something about the loose hair and the way her mouth and eyes are drawn suddenly makes her look different. I thought for a second she was Amber when I first looked at the strip. It may just be a side-effect of the blueline drawing; apart from anything else, it doesn't bring out her darker hair.

And yes, it will be interesting to see how she works on Dillon's brain. Given her combination of smarts and immaturity, and the way she's come to understand him, it could be quite scary. Though I'm less interested in her meddling with Dillon than in her development in her own right; has she replied to Andy's text messages yet?

Elsewhere - so much for Ruby moving in making Amber love life "even harder". It looks like Giz didn't think of anything to do with Amber's problems, so she's just awarded her a boyfriend and demoted her to secondary character status. Though if Dillon does actually get another romance, Ruby will end up on the couch. (Okay, we all know that she'd actually end up hunched outside Dillon's room, pressing a tumbler to the door.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

It looks like Ruby and Julian arg going to be terrific friends. Remains to be seen how well her scheme will go, but it might be so brilliant Zii would be impressed.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20150807.png
sdb20150807.png (81.33 KiB) Viewed 10088 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:It looks like Ruby and Julian arg going to be terrific friends.
I dunno. It may eventually hit him, if only subconsciously, that she's using him. Or her plan may crash and burn so embarrassingly that she'll be unable to look him in the eye.
brasca wrote:Remains to be seen how well her scheme will go, but it might be so brilliant Zii would be impressed.
It should be ... interesting, I guess. On the one hand, she's smart (certainly smarter than Dillon), she's got to know Dillon fairly well, and she may bring a slightly offbeat approach to the problem. On the other hand, she is totally inexperienced in matters of romance, she's getting all her ideas from 1970s television and yaoi manga, and she's driven by the desire to watch rather than any real interest in helping anyone else.

We'll see. Probably in the near future, though of course this may turn out like her sister's plan to detach Gary from Yuki - totally forgotten for months while other stuff happens, then run through and discarded in a few strips of botched improvisation.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Bad Ruby! Bad! No Yaoi for you!

No, not really. I want to see her totally break down Dillon's resistance, and then Dillon being consumed by guilt after the fact. :ymdevil: It already seems to be heading in that general direction, though it's an open question how guilty Dillon would actually feel afterwards.

Meanwhile, Ruby's desire for "live" Yaoi seems to have eclipsed all other considerations. Like Dillon's discomfort at the ide of boning Julian, though I don't feel very sorry for Dillon after the discomfort he inflicted on Gary and his deceptive attempts to seduce Ray.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Being sentimental about the characters - I don't actually want Ruby to succeed, less out of any sympathy for Dillon than because Ruby has to realise, eventually, that she's going too far here and using people for her own gratification. When she does, she doesn't need too much on her conscience.
---------
Spidrift

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

I thought it was Angel until I got to the very last panel, where her comment would have been quite uncharacteristic. Which made me confused why she had to be in Dillon's bed due to Ray (but I just assumed I misunderstood something.... correctly, as it happens :P ).
But comparing all the panels with the 3rd (large) one, it's definitely Ruby. Then again, I guess a mixup with Amber is not totally out of the question, as they're sisters after all (and without glasses + with long hair she could well pass for Amber, at least in the face. And she's without glasses here).
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Seeing Angel in Dillon's bed really would be a twist. But not a plausible one.

The problem with this sort of depiction of Ruby is that we've all got used to seeing her as "the one with the well-groomed bob and the big glasses". But of course she has neither in bed. So we then need a clear depiction of her face to avoid confusion. Which we may get when this strip is inked and shaded...

Meanwhile, Ruby keeps ending up in bed with nice warm sexual fantasies running through her head. Which I'm sure are fun, but sooner or later, isn't she going to find this making her more frustrated and antsy rather than less? I'm sure that she'd love to have Dillon wake up and discover her doing something about that.
---------
Spidrift

Yarott

Post by Yarott »

I feel like Zii will eventually teach Ruby her dark secrets of pairing people together, whether they like it or not. But knowing how ambitious Ruby is becoming on the prospect, she might quickly surpass her master. Kinda like Gary learning the swirly go round, which he keeps on making it a feel fresh and new on each execution.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Can I just say how adorably sexy our little matchmaker is these images?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yarott wrote:I feel like Zii will eventually teach Ruby her dark secrets of pairing people together, whether they like it or not. But knowing how ambitious Ruby is becoming on the prospect, she might quickly surpass her master. Kinda like Gary learning the swirly go round, which he keeps on making it a feel fresh and new on each execution.
I'm not convinced that Zii was ever half so good at hooking people up as she claimed. I suspect that most of her successes were easy targets.

But Ruby is becoming a bit of a deconstruction of Zii's supposed carefree libertinism here. Hooking people up in permutations they might not have thought of themselves? Making unwise promises to frustrated virgins? This is what it looks like in something more like reality...
---------
Spidrift

Severemile

Post by Severemile »

So i'm not the only one who feels weird about this right? :( Ruby and Julian are so gung-ho about making Dillon fall in love with Julian, but they're not thinking about Dillon as a person. They aren't thinking about how Dillon feels and what Dillon wants. Or more importantly, what Dillon doesn't want.