08-07-15 How horrible it is

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 08-07-15 How horrible it is

Post by Spidrift »

That's ... the point. Have you read the discussions here?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Severemile

Post by Severemile »

Actually I was in a bit of a rush when I wrote my comment. I'm only really getting a chance to read the discussion now. Plus, I kind of really just wanted to say my piece. This whole thing with Ruby and Julian feels uncomfortable :(

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's more polite to determine what people are talking about before you join a conversation.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Severemile

Post by Severemile »

Sorry :(

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Seeing as I'm pretty tired... Is panel three a flashback or a fantasy??
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

a realistic flashback? maybe exactly as shown, maybe same kind of message, but words used different, maybe same words but Kiley looked crazy with fervor for more Yaoi and less intellectual loking?
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:Seeing as I'm pretty tired... Is panel three a flashback or a fantasy??
We've all been assuming a flashback. If it was a fantasy, it would be an incredibly feeble one, especially by Ruby's standards. (She has a whole load of yaoi comics to draw on for imagery when talking about her view of Dillon's sex life.) As a flashback, it sets up a whole new plot strand.
---------
Spidrift

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Severemile wrote: This whole thing with Ruby and Julian feels uncomfortable :(
You're not the only one who feels that way, trust me on that. Which is part of the point of this story arc; Ruby's desire to see "live" yaoi is overriding whatever consideration she's supposed to have for Dillon's feelings, and at some point she's going to have to be told exactly that.

Not sure Dillon's going to be the one to do it though. His feelings of discomfort and guilt are all tangled up with his lust for some HYT (handsome young thing). If he hadn't babysat Julian, I'm sure Dillon would be quite happy to take him to bed.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon has tried telling Ruby about the problem, but it just hasn't sunk in. Mainly, I assume, because Dillon just doesn't have the vocabulary to explain the problem.

Just saying "Julian is just a kid!" invites the reply "No he isn't, he's a hot-as-hell 18-year-old man". Which is, well, true, so far as it goes. Somebody needs to drag Ruby aside and say that not only does Dillon not see Julian as a sex object, for good emotional reasons, but trying to "cure" Dillon of that perception, just because Ruby wants to watch the results, is messing about with people's heads for kicks, and treating them as objects. Which is bad.

Of course, that would run the risk of Ruby saying that Dillon keeps trying to "cure" herself of her own perceptions about sex...
---------
Spidrift

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:Somebody needs to drag Ruby aside and say that not only does Dillon not see Julian as a sex object, for good emotional reasons, but trying to "cure" Dillon of that perception, just because Ruby wants to watch the results, is messing about with people's heads for kicks, and treating them as objects. Which is bad.
Agreed that someone needs to do this, but who? Dillon's not going to be able to do it. Amber? :)) :)) =)) =)) :)) :-j Zii? =)) =)) =))

I think at some point Dillon himself is just going to have to put his foot down and say in no uncertain terms that no, he is not doing anything sexual with Julian, and that's final. No one can rescue him from this, he's going to have to do it himself.

:-j Yeah, Julian and Dillon are so gonna bang. Then Dillon will be consumed by guilt while Ruby jills off to the recording she made of the whole encounter, her corruption complete.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, Ruby recording Dillon and Julian at it, and then mentioning it to Dillon, might have the interesting consequence of sending Dillon into deep guilt flashbacks. But we have no evidence that Ruby actually jills off to anything yet... The poor kid really does need to work on the physical stress relief issue.

But you're right about no one being in a position to call Ruby out. Dillon lacks the vocabulary, Amber lacks the credibility with Ruby and probably the vocabulary too, Zii is starting from the wrong place... I guess that Andy or Ray might accidentally and innocently say something that makes her realise what she's doing. Or her own conscience might kick in; we know that she has one.

Or her cunning plan might just go south in some way that makes her review everything.
---------
Spidrift