Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 31-07-15 Very passionate

Post by Azrael »

Aww, you broke him. :ymdevil:
sdb20150731.png
sdb20150731.png (136.31 KiB) Viewed 9384 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Nice to see that Ruby is becoming a true connoisseur. Now she just has to consider getting some hands-on experience. Meanwhile, her manic expressions in this strip are a little worrying.

So I guess that we're going to see how well Amber does at advising Dillon how to handle inappropriate and morally questionable sexual offers in a sensible fashion. Okay, I'm sure that she'll be really good for that, as she can speak from such deep experience. Either that, or we'll get some kind of interesting input from Ray. (Like Amber already has. *ka-ding*.)

And Julian seems increasingly to suffer from a tendency to idolise Dillon - which, funnily enough, was also the initial problem with Ray. Is this the creators' slightly weird way of setting up problems for their favourite character? They think he's wonderful, even if some readers disagree, so their idea of testing him and providing him with appropriate challenges is to snow him under with people who are too appreciative of him?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Kind of Ruby to keep Julian's hopes alive even if it is ultimately self serving.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, it was very much about her tastes - but that made it an honest opinion. And no, Ruby's not a cold person, though she is honest. If she's dealing with someone she doesn't know well, and she can't say anything nice with a straight face, she'll probably tie herself up in knots trying not to say anything at all.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

I disagree, in the surface one can say "she is being nice to Julian" but we know that her main focus is that she wants to see more boy-boy action by Dillon, and who cares what he thinks or feels about a particular person, he MUST enjoy doing it with that particular person so she can enjoy watching them

and I imagine she would go EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW if she saw the first panel of SDB when actor Dill kissed actress Amber
ImageImage

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Dillion: OH COURSE I'M FINE My EMOTONAL STATE IS IN COMPLETE DISARRAY, I'M CONFUSED AS ALL HELL AND ITS TUESDAY!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:So I guess that we're going to see how well Amber does at advising Dillon how to handle inappropriate and morally questionable sexual offers in a sensible fashion.
"Is he legal?"
"Um, yes..."
"Go!"

:P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

You know, looking at the earlier comics, Ruby has probably changed the much. Maybe the most out of the entire Ma3 Universe cast. Remember when she saw Dillon and Jerzy getting it on? Now, she's happy if not enthustiastic about seeing things go that way.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ruby has actually had - shock, horror - character development. Mainly because (a) she'd oreviously been repressing herself rather severely, and sonething had to snap, and (b) her previous character was grossly incompatible with the situation she found herself in, of course, but still, she is at least a complex enough character that the term means something with her.

She's also kind of accidentally forced some development on Dillon, making him a bit less tiresome. Amber hasn't evolved so much - she's just got what she wanted - but maybe we'll see something with her yet. But Ruby really was the necessary caralyst to make this a character-based comic. Without her ... well, it'd have needed somebody else a bit like her.
---------
Spidrift

knite

Post by knite »

Guess he has to literally shake it off.