Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 17-07-15 I did not hear that

Post by Azrael »

No supper for you young man! [-(
sdb20150717.png
sdb20150717.png (178.06 KiB) Viewed 10247 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, give them credit - they're communicating with exceptional clarity for Ma3 universe characters. And the great Giz-drawn facial expressions help, too.

This does still look like one of those emotional situations that needs an objective third party to sort it out. Trouble is, Ruby is the character who's seemed best at this stuff so far, and her objectivity may be too far out to lunch... I'm guessing that Amber and Ray will get back first (possibly next strip, as Dillon has surely bern tortured enough by now/this joke is surely played out), and Ray will distract Julian with chat about the sports scene back home and other manly topics.

Then Julian will introduce Ray to manly hugs, and sabotage Amber's new relationship...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

I more or less expected the last line to be: "Julian! Bad Boy! Go to my room!" :p

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

First time I kind of eagerly want this to end up in sexy! :))
They're so freakin cute and Julians blushing is so adorable :x :x :x :x
eeeek!

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Am I the only one super creeped out by this?

Yeah, there isn't much of an age difference between the two; but Julian is admitting he was lusting after Dillon for years (when he was still a kid) and planned to have Dillom pop his butt cherry the moment he turned 18 - and seems to be ignoring Dillon's admission that he can't see Julian in a sexual way.

Just...ew!
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

is uncomfortable for a babysitter that is 5 years older the idea of ending up with one they babysat when they see each other as adults, but is not EWWW

ewww MIGHT be a babysitter that was over 10 years older and is definitely ewww the babysitter(no matter age difference) thinking about it WHEN it was babysitting

the thing that in our mind that is tending toward eww is idea that Julian as a kid was eying Dillon

just imagine the pet store kid thinking same way as Julian when Julian was a kid
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Early 20s? Is Dillon babbling?

Pretty sure he - and much of the rest of the main cast - are in the 25 - 30 zone. So he probably would have been in his mid- to late teens when Julian was a kid (not a little child) to be babysat. Which is your very typical age to be a babysitter.

This makes it sound like Dillon is just a few years older than Julian, which would make the whole thing really stupid.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

LoBlaze

Post by LoBlaze »

Fluffy wrote:Am I the only one super creeped out by this?

Yeah, there isn't much of an age difference between the two; but Julian is admitting he was lusting after Dillon for years (when he was still a kid) and planned to have Dillom pop his butt cherry the moment he turned 18 - and seems to be ignoring Dillon's admission that he can't see Julian in a sexual way.

Just...ew!
No, this whole arc has been creeping me out too. The whole premise of "Here's the kid I used to babysit. I'm gonna go have sex with him now." just feels really disgusting. I'm a little relieved to see Dillon actually rejecting it and acknowledging how messed up it is, but being the Ma3-verse, I'm doubtful that'll last...

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

I am guessing he was at least 4 years older, and not more than 7 years older (ahhh? why 7?)

the biggest difference I can see is the kid being around 5/6 and Dillon 12/13 and the least is kid being 7/8 and Dillon 12/13 (by image Dillon thought when he envisioned Julian playing with Hot wheels), I just can't see an 8 years old Julian babysat by an 11 years old Dillon

since he says early 20s and Julian is for sure 18............... that makes it no more than 7 (early 20s has to be 21 to 25 as 26 is seen as mid-20s already)

I am not crept by idea of a former babysitter ending up with one they babysat when they meet as adults

I am crept by Julian trying to force Dillon to go for it (and also forced by Ruby when she was there)
ImageImage

LoBlaze

Post by LoBlaze »

It's not so much the age gap for me as it is the fact that Dillon clearly still views him as the kid he babysat. It wouldn't be so creepy if he didn't still picture a kid when he thinks of Julian. That and the fact that Julian (and Ruby) are trying to force it.

I hope he'll calmly explain how uncomfortable this situation is for him and Julian can try to find somebody else, but if he instead goes through with sleeping with a man that he still pictures as a child just for the sake of a quick fling, I'm probably going to give up on this comic. That'd just a little too much on top of Dillon's previous questionable behavior for me to have much interest in the character anymore. :/

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

the best way for Julian to end with Dillon is if he accepts what Dill feels, but asks him to be friends, and patiently waits for Dill to see him as an available gay man (1 year or 2 in readership time) , otherwise is too low action by Dillon

the other thing that might happen is that Julian and Jerzy end up together, and forces a shaky(as both like Jerzy) partnership to break them up of Dillon and Angel
ImageImage

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Man people are squicked out too easy on these forums. There's nothing wrong with this situation. Julian wasn't lusting after Dillon when he was a *kid*. He *started* lusting after the *memory* of Dillon once he hit puberty.

Frequently, the very first sexual sensations you'll experience will be about your babysitter. That's to be expected, you're spending a lot of 'alone time' with a not-quite authority figure, someone you can look up to but isn't really a teacher or a parent, like a mentor/peer. Dillon was probably pretty hot when he was a teenager, I'll bet he put some really sweet memories in Julian's head while he was growing up.

Am I alone here? Am I the only one that got his first split-second glance at female pubic hair when his babysitter adjusted her swimsuit as she lay out in the sun by the pool in her pink-with-yellow-piping bikini at the YMCA? And before anyone says anything, she was being very discreet, not trashy or anything, it was one of those 'pool situations' where your suit gets out of sorts and you kinda fix it and hope no one noticed. I just happened to look over my shoulder at exactly the wrong time. The exposure lasted less than a tenth of a second but the memory has lasted a lifetime. This is very common and normal.

As I said in a prior post I was in a similar situation several years ago. God bless MySpace, it was there when I needed it, long before Facebook was a thing. I looked up my babysitter a couple years after I came of age, invited her out to Starbucks to chat and catch up, and over the course of the conversation made my interest known. Sadly it was not to be, she was married, had a couple kids, we left it as friends. I wrote a book about it but couldn't get an agent interested in it. I wrapped them up, both the manuscript and the memory, and put them both away. But she did write me later and we talked about it. She described the experience of having the kid she used to babysit as being "a little uncomfortable and weird, but also really flattering and exciting." She also "would have definitely liked to have seen where it could go, if the situation were a little different." By which of course she meant if she were single. That wasn't frustrating at all. X(

Now, I will say, Julian is perhaps a bit more dedicated to those experiences than what is usual. He's saved himself, in the hopes of fulfilling the dream of having his first sexual experience with his first crush. That's a bit on the cheesy/unrealistic side of romantic, but it is romantic behavior, not obsessive behavior. He wasn't, like, stalking him. He didn't build a sex shrine to Dillon in his underwear drawer.

Until Julian cuts loose with something truly creepy I still say this situation is 'okay'. Maybe a little nerve-wracking for Dillion, but nothing's 'wrong'.

Yet.

Could change.

As far as Dillon's feelings on the matter are concerned... This is the same guy who strolled across the hall in naught but an apron to hit on the hot guy across the hall he literally just met two minutes prior. Give him a little time. He'll get there.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

lordoffiling wrote:Dillon was probably pretty hot when he was a teenager
No, not really.

:)) at your babysitter story. Though I guess a lot of readers will now think you are a demented pervert who needs to be taken off the streets! :P

I did have a babysitter too but I don't recall ever being into her even years later when I hit puberty. I met her later once or twice (I grew up in a little street and she lived just a few houses away), she married, had kids, seemed she absolutely loved being a mom. Hope her life is good but that's all. :)

Also, neither pubic hair nor pools. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Dillon was not a "hot hunk", but many girls found him "cute, nice and interesting" by way that girl looked at him

BTW

interesting that Dillon "found himself" at college and not in High School and his best friend Ray had no idea Dillon was going to be gay, yet Julian not only remembered fondly his babysitter and decided to save himself for him when he hit puberty, but seems to have suspected that Dillon might be gay and not simply hope for it? :-?
Last edited by wiseguy on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage