Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

30-06-15 Colorful Cupcakes

Post by Shouri »

Salty

Re: 30-06-15 Colorful Cupcakes

Post by Salty »

Huh.

Somebody finally managed to short circuit Dillon's libido.

...'bout time.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

looks like it, but it might not

maybe julian found a way to temporarily take out the "pesky kid"
ImageImage

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Salty wrote:Huh.

...'bout time.
Heh, yeah. Poor, poor DIllon. :ymdevil: He won't be able to lust after Julian without feeling like a cradle-robber. Meanwhile, we now know why Julian sought out Dillon after all this time. Unfortunately for Dillon. :ymdevil:
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

philippos42

I'm with Dillon on this one

Post by philippos42 »

Hablabla blablabla?

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

this might be the first time i've ever felt sorry for dillon...

huh.
Yet still, I live...

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

themacnut wrote:
Salty wrote:Huh.

...'bout time.
Heh, yeah. Poor, poor DIllon. :ymdevil: He won't be able to lust after Julian without feeling like a cradle-robber. Meanwhile, we now know why Julian sought out Dillon after all this time. Unfortunately for Dillon. :ymdevil:
most probably

but do not be surprised if the "get candles for us" was a ruse to get out that "pesky girl" and there won't be any romance while she is gone
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, there's stuff we don't know here. Julian's agenda, mostly. Putting Dillon into a state of gay panic is definitely a good trick, though. Of course, this may all just be a trick to get Ruby out of the place while Julian has a private (platonic) conversation with Dillon. But probably not.

Now, is it just me, or are the poses in panel 2 a bit odd? I assume that Dillon is addressing Ruby, and she's leaning to the side to peer round him at Julian - but in that case, Dillon is 90 degrees out for purposes of addressing her. Weird.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

What it looks like to me is, Julian turned 18 and came looking for Dillon, first thing. Probably had been harboring a serious crush on his memory all through his teen years.

Which is AWESOME because that's exactly what I did when I turned eighteen! Sadly, when I finally tracked her down she was married with two kids.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, I'd just thought that, in reality, the most likely explanation here would be a variant of that. Assume that Julian has just come out, but is as nervous as any teenager would be - then he hears somewhere that a nice, good-looking guy who he's known for years is actually gay. So he jumps on the chance to get what he needs from someone he likes and trusts. It'd generally be rather a bad, emotionally confused idea, but it'd be perfectly understandable.

If that is the case here - and this is SDB, not reality, so no bets at all - then the good ending to hope for is that Dillon finds out and talks Julian through his panic, and Ruby eventually calms down and helps with intelligence and encouragement (and, okay, offers Julian a modelling job later). But that's quite enough unsupported assumptions for one day.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Seriously, is EVERYONE gay here?? :| (Or at least bi.)

Okay, okay, it's been pretty much established over in Ma3, but this is really starting to look like a fantasy world to me.

(Okay, oka,y again, it's a comic, they can do whatever they want...)

It would be brill if Julian were totally trolling Dillon (perhaps not even realizing Dillon is gay), but that's sometrhing people in this comic basically don't seem to be capable of...
lordoffiling wrote:Which is AWESOME because that's exactly what I did when I turned eighteen! Sadly, when I finally tracked her down she was married with two kids.
That sounds so wrong... deliciously wring! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Don Alexander wrote:Seriously, is EVERYONE gay here?? :| (Or at least bi.)

Okay, okay, it's been pretty much established over in Ma3, but this is really starting to look like a fantasy world to me.
Jo isn't...er...Gary isn't.

Sorry, had this same conversation on GGAR...

But, at least in this universe, Gary isn't, and I suspect the guy from the pet store isn't. :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

So I get to the last panel: :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) for about a minute. I mean seeing Dillon short out like that was really funny.

I'm not sure what Julian's end game is, but if it is to mess with Dillon and get Ruby out of the apartment then, mission successful.

@Art I don't know about you but I needed a good laugh after what I saw on GGaR on Monday.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Don Alexander wrote:Seriously, is EVERYONE gay here?? :| (Or at least bi.)

(Okay, oka,y again, it's a comic, they can do whatever they want...)

It would be brill if Julian were totally trolling Dillon (perhaps not even realizing Dillon is gay), but that's sometrhing people in this comic basically don't seem to be capable of...
lordoffiling wrote:Which is AWESOME because that's exactly what I did when I turned eighteen! Sadly, when I finally tracked her down she was married with two kids.
That sounds so wrong... deliciously wring! :P
Agreed that it seems to be excessive, but in this case it's great imo. Julian fell in love with his babysitter and Dillion just happened to be his babysitter. I just hope this is the one time Dillion we see Dillion turn down. Not that it would be terrible either, but as Dillion shows, Julian is that little boy he babysat.

I'm guessing there's a 7-8 year difference between them (I think Gary is one of the older members of the Ma3 universe main cast at 30).

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

FlashD81 wrote:So I get to the last panel: :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) for about a minute. I mean seeing Dillon short out like that was really funny.

I'm not sure what Julian's end game is, but if it is to mess with Dillon and get Ruby out of the apartment then, mission successful.

@Art I don't know about you but I needed a good laugh after what I saw on GGaR on Monday.
Definitely...GGAR and HB are both pretty heavy right now.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"