26-06-15 I am sure you did

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

brasca

Re: 26-06-15 I am sure you did

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Click on the person's name to go to their profile, then click on "Add Foe", and you no longer have to read their posts. It can save a lot of irritation, and reduces the temptation to feed the trolls. Life really is too short.

The sad thing is, most people no longer know what "*Plonk*" means...
Perhaps, but I like to keep my wits sharp even if it is not so much mental sparring, but scraping my blade across a whetstone.

I confess that plonk is still a little before my time and this is coming from someone who had to drive 5 miles to school just to use the ye olde internet and it was dial up and took an hour to download a picture.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:Perhaps, but I like to keep my wits sharp even if it is not so much mental sparring, but scraping my blade across a whetstone.
More like scraping fingernails down a blackboard, for me. But that's another expression that kids today probably don't get. Anyway, it's your choice.
brasca wrote:I confess that plonk is still a little before my time and this is coming from someone who had to drive 5 miles to school just to use the ye olde internet and it was dial up and took an hour to download a picture.
"*Plonk*" was mostly a Usenet thing, and probably became too obscure for the majority of users after the dawn of the Eternal September. But it was always very satisfying to type.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Milkmaid79 wrote:Cute to force her fantasies on others? Sad that it might not unfold the way it is in her lust-addled head? If this was a male trying to push a barely legal girl together with her former babysitter because he REALLY likes the idea of lesbians together would it have the same reaction?
Here is the answer to your question without all of the flimsy justifications, rationalizations and victim-blaming:

No.

Obvious double standard is obvious ... but you knew this.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

sometimes double standards are the only standards we have
Yet still, I live...

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Well, and let me also be clear: I am not saying that Ruby is an awful, hateful or unforgiveable person. At the very least, she's certainly not any worse than many of the other characters in this trio of strips that we know and love! It is only that I have a very low tolerance for such nonsense apologism (Is this actually a word? If not, it should be!), and when I see a duck, I am going to call that duck a duck.

suranae

Post by suranae »

*Quack, quack*

Milkmaid79

Post by Milkmaid79 »

KittyHat wrote:
Milkmaid79 wrote:Cute to force her fantasies on others? Sad that it might not unfold the way it is in her lust-addled head? If this was a male trying to push a barely legal girl together with her former babysitter because he REALLY likes the idea of lesbians together would it have the same reaction?
Here is the answer to your question without all of the flimsy justifications, rationalizations and victim-blaming:

No.

Obvious double standard is obvious ... but you knew this.
Apparently I don't- what would the difference be if the genders were reversed?

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

society in the western world has been conditioned to give a bigger leeway to women in a lot of bad situations in comparison with men yet at same time usually men tend to be able to get higher rewards in things between the law
ImageImage

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Milkmaid79 wrote:Apparently I don't- what would the difference be if the genders were reversed?
I had assumed your questions were largely rhetorical, but since that apparently wasn't the case ... the reaction would likely have been generally more negative and judgmental.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

You know, you'd probably be better off not feeding the trolls. But as I pointed out before, if you're going to play that silly gender-reversal game, then you've got to do it comprehensively - in which case, the most likely reaction would, I think, be Dilla and the readers all rolling their eyes and telling that geek Rudy to stop being an adolescent twit. In other words, much the same reaction as Ruby is getting.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.