16-06-15 No other reasons

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 16-06-15 No other reasons

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:I'm wondering exactly what Ray wouldn't do for an acting gig.
Have guy up his butt shouting "You'll be a huuuuge star!"? :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bambikles wrote:"Bump uglies" ??
Honestly, what do you think it means?
Don Alexander wrote:
Spidrift wrote:I'm wondering exactly what Ray wouldn't do for an acting gig.
Have guy up his butt shouting "You'll be a huuuuge star!"? :P
Wanna bet? I mean, that's exactly the kind of thing I wonder if he'd accept.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20150616.png
sdb20150616.png (112.69 KiB) Viewed 6662 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Don Alexander wrote:
That last panel sure has to be a kick in Dillon's nads, though. I'd say that's very straight (or at least "straight side") behavior...
Dillon already knows Ray might be bisexual, so not really.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the link thumbnail for this strip on other pages is Dillon, smiling, with his eyes closed and his cheeks flushed? Pixietrix do love using thumbnails that are actually of rather tangential relevance to the main story of the strip being linked. In fact, if you go to the current Ma3 page, you get that image immediately above Alex, smiling, with his eyes closed and his cheeks flushed, horizontal. Anyone would think that the these comics had something to do with sex.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

cellabella

Post by cellabella »

Milkmaid79 wrote:Of course Ray is totally cool with the pictures being taken and wants them spread far and wide.. can't have Ruby looking like the sort that would violate someone's privacy for her own satisfaction.
This is a non-starter, though, as far as this part of the storyline. Ray is all right with Ruby's actions. She is only hiding the reason she took the photos, not that she took them in the first place. This looks like the morning after Ray swirlied Amber, so whatever talk Dillon and Ruby had that led to Ray being shown the photos happened immediately. There was no hiding, no Dillon trying to convince Ruby to "do the right thing," no lying about the existence the photos. I understand if you're pissed at the writers for letting Ruby skate on this. I felt a similar amount of anger during the whole Gary-being-tricked-into-cunnilingus storyline with Amber. But it is what it is at this point. Ruby is likely going to be the main heroine of SDB and she, much like Zii, will likely not be visited in large part by the karma fairy.

Topic: Yes, this seems to be setting up to have Ray and Nathan on a genital collision course. This will stick in Dillon's craw because he had a thing for Ray, and also he wants the Gay crimefighter gig, he just doesn't want to have to bang Nathan to get it. If Ray allows his ambition to turn him into Nathan's new boytoy, I could see him turning on Dillon, and maybe putting Amber in an uncomfortable situation if she starts to really fall for him.

In fact, I wonder if Ray isn't being posited as the true "villain" of SDB. It seems like all the related titles has someone who is the antagonist. In Ma3, arguably it is Matt or maybe Yvan. In SoTR it's Eva and Pierre's blonde cousin. In DC it's Lucretia. It seemed like it would be Angel for SDB, but xe is getting a sympathetic edit of late. I don't forget that some of the people who bring us this comic also created Karen of P&A, who literally was a sweet-looking marshmallow sort of person when introduced and turned into a major you-know-what. Ray could turn out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pah, we all know Dillon vas ze Villon from the start! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That would be François Villon, I take it? "Foolish love makes beasts of men"? "It's true that I have loved, And gladly would again"? "I am a lecher, and she's a lecher with me/Which one of us is better? We're both alike/The one as worthy as the other. Bad rat, bad cat/We both love filth, and filth pursues us/We flee from honor, honor flees from us"?

Yeah, you may be right.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Now, I did think of Villon when writing that...

...but actually I was just rhyming Dillon with Villain.

... which you probably realized anyway.
ImageImage

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

François Villon is known outside of France ? *amazed* :-o

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, heard of. "Where are the snows of yesteryear?" seems to have crept into the English list of standard quotations, thanks to Dante Gabriel Rossetti, and Villon gets a walk-on part in Tim Powers's The Stress of Her Regard.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Bambikles wrote:François Villon is known outside of France ? *amazed* :-o
Sure! :P

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/François_Villon
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Link doesn't work, Don. That ç confuses the software.

Anyhow, Villon's Wikipedia page has an impressive list of places he gets quoted or referenced. Looks like a lot of Hollywood scriptwriters liked him.
---------
Spidrift

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

I learned of him from Catch-22: "Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?"

"Mais où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Milkmaid79

Post by Milkmaid79 »

brasca wrote:
Milkmaid79 wrote:
Actually she's still a creep-taking an upskirt photo is still wrong even if the subject turns out to be accepting of it.
As we can see Ruby did not keep the pictures a secret and Ray is not only fine with it, but wants Amber to share them with her director friends. Ruby has enough wherewithal to know that the men involved are not intensely private people who never want pictures of them kissing to see the light of day which is why she did it. People who take upskirt pictures do not confront the women they photograph because they know they will object and usually involve the legal authorities.
So because the story is contrived to make Ray totally accepting of the photos (even eager to send them out) everything is peachy? Why didn't he ask Ruby to take them then instead of her needing to take them surreptitiously? Also, the photos were taken for her and Dillon's sexual satisfaction-not to help Ray's career.