ImageImage

UnsightlyWalrus

Re: 09-06-15 A rough one

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

Always enough energy for kissing!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Aw shucks, I was hoping for some more of the Ruby/Angel interaction. I guess that Angel just wandered off while Ruby was putting her brain back together. Anyway, I hope that she did actually get some real job hunting in, or the guilt will eventually hit her like a landslide.

Meanwhile, we must wonder when Ray will work out that he's being used. And how will Dillon (or Ruby) explain the need to teach him precision tongue-work for acting purposes? I guess that Ruby could say that the scene has to be played with commitment in order to look convincingly hot...

And talking of hot, will this get her het up enough that she realises that she has to review her lifestyle choices a little further?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm sure I'm just overlooking something, but why is Ray IN the apartment before Dillon and Ruby get back in?

I guess Amber let him in for more Ambering?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, I'd noticed that and vaguely wondered. Amber told him that she'd be out that evening, which was why she couldn't provide more acting lessons (or "acting lessons") herself, so he should have been surprised if he found her home - but perhaps she grabbed a coat, said "I'm just going out, Dillon will be home soon, make yourself comfortable", and scampered off to go have a drink with Chanelle.

Or perhaps Ray has a secret gift for picking locks.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

First thing =)) good strip! I love how the both of them are warming up the moment Ray mentions kissing lessons.

Second, yea I was wonder too how he was waiting for them inside the apartment. There might be a brief explanation in the next update, but I'll guess that it is due to Amber letting him.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Mr. Bee

Post by Mr. Bee »

Don Alexander wrote:I'm sure I'm just overlooking something, but why is Ray IN the apartment before Dillon and Ruby get back in?

It's the Ma3 universe. I've come to assume all doors are unlocked unless explicitly shown or stated otherwise. :p

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20150906.png
sdb20150906.png (110.47 KiB) Viewed 8473 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Could Ray look any cuter?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, this is Giz, so, Yes? :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Aw shucks, I was hoping for some more of the Ruby/Angel interaction. I guess that Angel just wandered off while Ruby was putting her brain back together. Anyway, I hope that she did actually get some real job hunting in, or the guilt will eventually hit her like a landslide.

Meanwhile, we must wonder when Ray will work out that he's being used. And how will Dillon (or Ruby) explain the need to teach him precision tongue-work for acting purposes? I guess that Ruby could say that the scene has to be played with commitment in order to look convincingly hot...

And talking of hot, will this get her het up enough that she realises that she has to review her lifestyle choices a little further?
I will assume that she did some job hunting after her trip to the pet shop, but since it was probably a dull routine of checking out who is and is not hiring the action skipped ahead to the end of the day.
Mr. Bee wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:I'm sure I'm just overlooking something, but why is Ray IN the apartment before Dillon and Ruby get back in?

It's the Ma3 universe. I've come to assume all doors are unlocked unless explicitly shown or stated otherwise. :p
Either that or keeping doors unlocked is a Canadian thing.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I don't think that even Canadians are really that nice. If they were, there wouldn't be any crminals for the Mounties to always catch, would there?

And I wasn't expecting the job hunt to be shown in detail if it was a routine process; I was just sentimentally hoping that there really was one, off stage, for Ruby's sake. Though a comic can wring comedy out of job interviews and such.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well it was over 10 years ago, but that Michael Moore documentary showed the difference between Canadian and American homes and one of the most notable is the frequency of unlocked doors.