29-05-2015 Hard for you to understand

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

29-05-2015 Hard for you to understand

Post by Shouri »

New strip! (The balloon is fixed, but it might take a while to update) http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... understand

kouta

Re: 29-05-2015 Hard for you to understand

Post by kouta »

I suspect that Ruby understands Angel perfectly.

And is that Dillon she's fantasizing about in the last panel?
I am a proper young lady who does not bite her father at the dinner table.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

yes Kouta

she is seeing herself as Rudy and doing Yaoi with him

simply Ruby has feelings for Dill, but knows he would never want to be with Ruby, but maybe Rudy?................... :ymdevil: =))
ImageImage

IONDragonX

Post by IONDragonX »

Wow.... I did NOT see that fantasy coming. Make sense that Ruby has issues, considering how repressed she really is.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

<headdesk>

Oh, Rudy. I mean, Ruby...

Of course, she did manage a great Rudy, so I could be wrong. :-??
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

mulrich88

Post by mulrich88 »

So... I'm confused... Which is Angel's physical gender? Man or woman?

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

biologically Angie is a woman

but sometimes(gender wise) she feels like a boy, sometimes she don't

and looks like now Ruby might consider exploring the gender fluid thing
ImageImage

wi1dfire

Post by wi1dfire »

I feel like I should have seen that last panel coming, but I didn't.

I do like that Ruby was out of her depth, knew it, but instead of trying to brazen it out she started asking questions. That's not something I would have expected out of her either, but I am pleased to be wrong in this case.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

kouta wrote:I suspect that Ruby understands Angel perfectly.
She's getting there. Her horizons are sometimes expanding so fast that information hasn't propagated back from the event horizon yet, but she is working on it.
kouta wrote:And is that Dillon she's fantasizing about in the last panel?
Why not? It's pretty clear that she knows that he's a good-looking guy, she was momentarily distracted by his bare chest when she woke up next to him, and he's featured in one or two of her dreams. It's purely a physical fantasy, I think; she may like him, but she's unlikely to become emotionally fixated on him. Actually, he's something of a safe fantasy figure for her; she doesn't feel at all threatened by the danger of fantasy becoming reality.
mulrich88 wrote:Which is Angel's physical gender? Man or woman?
Woman. This is now 100% established.

(Ruby may now slip and ask Angel how she can do gay male sex, but I suspect that she can guess just enough to know better than to ask.)
wi1dfire wrote:I feel like I should have seen that last panel coming, but I didn't.
I joked about Rudy taking Ruby down strange paths, but I didn't really expect it to happen. I still don't, really; I suspect that this is just a passing weird fantasy thrown up as Ruby's libido struggles to break through the surface. But she might find that a little role-playing (possibly purely internalised and invisible to other people) helps her when she does admit that she wants a sex life. "Ruby" may be too prim and respectable and controlled to do that stuff, but perhaps there's somebody else who can, and who happens also to use the same body.
wi1dfire wrote:I do like that Ruby was out of her depth, knew it, but instead of trying to brazen it out she started asking questions. That's not something I would have expected out of her either, but I am pleased to be wrong in this case.
It strikes me as entirely in character. She really does try to be polite (to everyone except Amber), and her addiction to doing the reading is one of her more likeable nerdy qualities. So in this sort of situation, asking as politely as possible what's the polite thing to say is very Ruby. I imagine that she'll hammer "gender fluid" into Google on her smartphone the first moment she gets to herself after this.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20150529a.png
sdb20150529a.png (189.74 KiB) Viewed 10587 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Oh, wow, talk about a way to show what is essentially Ruby topless in this comic! :D

Okay, so now the question is: Does this imply Ruby has acknowledged certain things about herself?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

mulrich88 wrote:So... I'm confused... Which is Angel's physical gender? Man or woman?
You mean sex- Angel is outwardly female (that is, breasts, female external genitals, presumed female internal sex organs).

Angel's gender is Fluid.

Her sexuality is Fluid.

I do know some people who are gender fluid, and one is flat out gay- prefers women as a woman, men as a man.

The joys of chaos.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

What does Angie mean by wanting a "real" gay experience. Pretty sure that's 100% impossible if she's going for gay-established guys (not Jerzy).
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

wi1dfire

Post by wi1dfire »

I think she's talking about his perception during the act. She can obviously have sex with a guy as a female, but he can also have sex with a guy as a male. That is, he wants to be perceived as male by both himself and his partner while having sex, because that makes it realer for him.

I can't quite explain it, and perhaps Artemisia has a better grasp of the needed vocabulary, but what Angel said made sense to me. A transwoman can have intercourse with a straight guy, and both of them consider the act heterosexual, so this is possibly along the same lines/

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

That makes sense...if you're delusional lol but I'm kidding, it's like intense roleplay.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle