19-05-15 I am pretty versatile

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 19-05-15 I am pretty versatile

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, Angel explicitly described Richie as "cute" a couple of times. Other things being equal, in the absence of Jerzy, I'm sure that she'd happily make that date a bit more serious.

But with Angel, Jerzy is never absent. With that level of obsession, yeah, I imagine that she'll be faithful to Jerzy - but, well, we're talking seriously flaky here, so nothing is guaranteed.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

wiseguy wrote:
JTheCreator wrote:
Artemisia wrote:There's a lot regarding gender and sexuality which is not well known. Not to mention the fact that there are a lot of trans people who are, at some level, intersexed. There are trans women who start HRT with lower testosterone than norm and a higher estrogen level than they should by average.
When you say "trans woman" is that referring to pre or post op?

All this gender fluid and sexuality talk reminded me of an article I read on lesbian-men. Yes, it's a thing; not some line used to get in a girl's pants. There are guys out there who are 100% straight, yet feminine in some aspects, most of which are romantic or sexual. I can attest to this because if I had to, I'd use this label. I like it when a girl makes the first move in and out of bed, I like affection and being shown that I'm adored rather than told, and it would be great if someone asked me out versus the other way around. It just bites me a lot cause whenever I go out, the girls don't notice me but all the gay guys do.
So technically i can be seen as a lesbian male? I feel comfortable being a male and I am attracted to girls, I feel more comfortable talking things with girls than with guys, I prefer romances and I love usually chick flicks, I tend to be more emotional (but I also usually stay calm in critical situations), I love writing(but I like to find generally how thing works also), I love Tinker Bell and I usually am emphatic of how others feel but I also got small mix of "male values", I loved playing with toy cars as a kid, loved playing cowboys and indians, always loved ALL sports(or most of them)
I would be very careful with that whole "lesbian male" since "lesbian" has built directly into it the whole idea of being female. I usually look at gender as being there's the Butch and Femme versions of each gender (but even that's kind of rough) and then there's agender people and gender fluid people. So, kind of six genders. Our society places strong emphasis on Straight Butch Males and Straight Femme Females, but the rest do exist and you both probably fall into the Straight Femme Males. I'm a Lesbian Femme Trans Female...
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Yeah that's why I mentioned reading an article about it. Otherwise it sounds like those lines some guy would use "I'm a lesbian trapped in a female body" and "straight femme male" are not the same*. There's way too many sexual preferences and genders out there to keep count.

*when pertaining to this convo
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

And a language that is heavily invested in binaries.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:Jacob was remarkably innocent on his first appearance. The idea of homosexuality didn't seem ever to cross his mind, and he didn't know what "hitting on" meant.
Don't discount the possibility he was given The Talk that between then and now. Or maybe not. It may be he knows what dating is and the idea of lovey-dovey etc but not sex, ie understand the idea, but not the actual process. In that case, the word "intimacy" and its subtext would probably just go over his head. Little kids tend not to get the message about something until they figure it out for themselves, practical application and all that.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about the Child Protection people showing up unless people start getting touchy-feely in front of him - and I doubt they're going to get into that.
JTheCreator wrote:So I'm not the only one that finds it weird that Angie is talking to Jacob about sex like it's nothing...I'm surprised Jacob can even understand the whole genderfluid thing. Ironically, being probably the youngest character in this comic, and yet the only one to ask someone what "they feel," or what they're "okay with."
Well, he's a kid. That means Angel can be vague and use words like intimacy and versatile and know that he gets just enough of the idea to understand it without knowing the full details. It ain't the same as talking about it with a gown adult. Plus, if he's not heard The Talk, he probably doesn't know what makes boys boys and girls girls, so the idea probably doesn't cause the same cognitive dissonance for him that it might for a grown adult.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

If only Angie was this way from day one. Now I can't imagine her going back to Angel. That dude was a psycho.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

technically, I think?????? as Angel or Angie, is still possessive of Jerzy

taking aside the "get Dillon in trouble with Jerzy for flirting with Richard", Angel was being nice to costumers and to Ruby when he went the first time to the pet shop
ImageImage

wi1dfire

Post by wi1dfire »

I'm curious, but how young do people think Jacob is? I assumed everyone thought the same as me (and, yes, I know that was silly), pegging him in the 13-14 age range since he seems to have qualified for a work permit, but looking over this thread that doesn't seem to be the case.

If he IS younger, that might be why his mom is so against him being fired from Ritchie's shop; Ritchie is one of the few people that can legally employ him for more than a couple hours a week.

Edit:In full disclosure, my initial assumption was that he was at least 15 or so. An immature 15-year-old, definitely, but still. This was also because, even before we knew he was Ritchie's younger brother, I felt he had to have been someone's younger brother to have played Dillon like he did in his first appearance. And since I did that kind of behavior for as long as I could get away with it (okay, I still do it at age 31, IT STILL WORKS), I was probably docking him fewer age points than most.

However, my estimate has been skewing downward the more he talks, so I was curious where everyone else was at.

As an aside, I agree with those that say Angel isn't taking her date with Ritchie very seriously. I'm a little worried about how seriously Ritchie is taking it, though. That kind of discord never ends well, in my experience.
Last edited by wi1dfire on Fri May 22, 2015 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'd vaguely put Jacob down as 12-13, but I have a poor sense of ages.

And I agree that Richie seems unwisely keen on a date that he's been told isn't serious.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

OK, Richie, in that case, no eating her out!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)