15-05-15 Dating my boy side

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

JoybuzzerX

Re: 15-05-15 Dating my boy side

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Cortez wrote:Then the other people are being insensitive dicks.
So people should have sex with other people to whom they're not physically attracted, because otherwise they'd be insensitive?
Cortez wrote:And Jerzy seems to respect Angel's just fine even if he isn't always comfortable with it. He's not an ass about it.
Jerzy is clearly trying (admirably) hard to be polite to and respectful of an old friend. But even so, he keeps talking about her as female (comparing her to the female protagonist of that movie, for example), to an extent that might slightly annoy Angel if Angel wasn't rather obsessed with him. The fact that he is still perfectly capable of finding Angel sexually attractive, despite reading Angel as female, is exactly what says to me that he's bisexual for any useful definition of the word, despite his denial.
Or have sex with those they do find attractive only to find out they're not who they thought they were!

People on this board can say it's insensitive all they want, but most people in the world would identify Angel as the gender she was born with. This especially includes gay men who meet her and would expect her to be a male if it got far enough into the relationship.

So that Jerzy has gone this far either means he's doing his best to put aside that part of himself or there's something deeper going on with him (cares for Angel that much or a closet bi).

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Socially, I'd be happy to treat Angel as whatever gender she wanted to present as. I can do polite. Sexually... Yeah, it's hard to escape the brute facts of anatomy. If it came to that (which it wouldn't, because I'm certainly not her type even if she was mine, I'm spoken for, and anyway she's fictional), funnily enough, I could probably end up the same place that I suspect Richie is, emotionally; seeing her as an attractive woman with an odd but not deal-breaking hobby.

Jerzy - well, we may yet learn more about him. But "gay with one exception" has the tiresome problem that we know of two exceptions...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

If you are dating someone, find them attractive, go to bed with that person, and still find hem attractive in the morning and are still positively inclined towards them, their past does not effectively change that. If you can find a problem with learning about thwir birth sex/genser only after that, this problem is that they have not revealed a potentially vital information earlier, and it should *not* be what that information was.

If you are well aware about everything pertaining to a person's sex and gender and find yourself physically not up to the challenge of being intimate with them, no matter at which point, no matter how much they may hurt because of it, it's not technically your fault.

Jerzy being able yo have sex with Angel means that either he is able to accept her gender chocie at the moment of the act or that he is functionally bisexual. That distinction is not Angel's problem and frankly has little to do with her.

Ps. Sorry for the writing errors, but apparently writing for my phone at a train was not a good idea and editing it from this position would be almost impossibru.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:Socially, I'd be happy to treat Angel as whatever gender she wanted to present as. I can do polite. Sexually... Yeah, it's hard to escape the brute facts of anatomy. If it came to that (which it wouldn't, because I'm certainly not her type even if she was mine, I'm spoken for, and anyway she's fictional), funnily enough, I could probably end up the same place that I suspect Richie is, emotionally; seeing her as an attractive woman with an odd but not deal-breaking hobby.

Jerzy - well, we may yet learn more about him. But "gay with one exception" has the tiresome problem that we know of two exceptions...
Socially it's a polite thing to do, but so is so many other things people just don't do. Though, as you said, she's a fictional character so respect isn't a matter anyways.

What was Jerzy's other exception? We have no idea if Zii was before or after he said he was gay. We do know he identified as bi before he said he was gay. So, Zii wouldn't be the exception since we know he hasn't been with any woman except Angel since he said he was gay to Dillion.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He claims that Zii was before he went fully gay (ref. the conversation with Erik). Well, okay, let's be polite to him and assume that people can change from bi to 100% gay (which is the same kind of thing that we hear from "gay cure" wackos, but never mind). The fact remains that, by any kind of plausible chronology, that can't have been much more than a year or so ago. A guy sleeps with a woman, and then less than a couple of years later, sleeps with another woman (anatomically speaking). To me, that's not a convincing argument for "100% gay".
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Looks like both Az and myself missed out posting in this thread. :P

Jacob is a quite sharp knife when it comes to it...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)