Further Filler, 12/5/15

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Further Filler, 12/5/15

Post by Spidrift »

No strip again today, but we do get some more filler art, and I must say that Giz may be better at that pastel shading effect than she gives herself credit for.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: Further Filler, 12/5/15

Post by Azrael »

Apparently, Minew is shocked by the view. :))
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Call me a hopeless fanboy, but I thought that this image had potential as desktop wallpaper...
Attachments
Ruby_Wallpaper.jpg
Ruby_Wallpaper.jpg (238.07 KiB) Viewed 5293 times
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

^hopeless fanboy

And, yes, Minew's expression makes it! :D

And, also, yes, Giz is, erm, "pretty good" at this considering it's her second try!! :-o
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

Indeed, that shading caught my eye, too; it looks superb!

Also, "Dillon's Yaoi Adventures"? Oh dear, I wonder what's in there :))
(but I see it is published in the manga style; back to front)
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Damn, that is some good shading with markers. I would just color an entire area one color and then stare at it in shame. Must have taken patience.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

brasca

Post by brasca »

Azrael wrote:Apparently, Minew is shocked by the view. :))
I take it that the shock value is wearing thin with Ruby since she does not share the same expression as Minew.

Excellent work! I only wish I had more time when I was back home to make an extra trip to Toronto to make some in person purchases.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JTheCreator wrote:Damn, that is some good shading with markers. I would just color an entire area one color and then stare at it in shame. Must have taken patience.
I'm not an artist at all, but the sort of pens that I'd think of as "markers" just lay down solid colour. This sort of shading looks almost like watercolour work. I 'm vaguely curious how it was done.
brasca wrote:I take it that the shock value is wearing thin with Ruby since she does not share the same expression as Minew.
She's been working through whole books without her head exploding for a while now, and she looked similarly relaxed at the start of the bonus story. It seems that she's adapted - as she does. Telling herself that she reads these things for the plots and characterisation doubtless helps, and she's learned enough of the critical jargon to achieve some kind of intellectual detachment.

Of course, she's fooling herself - but if it lets her adjust to the idea that she has a libido by easy stages, she's fooling herself in a good way. I wonder if she'll get home from her current shopping/job hunting expedition with the feeling that she needs to get out and face the world a bit more, pick up her 'phone, and call Andy to accept his offer of another date.
---------
Spidrift

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Spidrift wrote:
JTheCreator wrote:Damn, that is some good shading with markers. I would just color an entire area one color and then stare at it in shame. Must have taken patience.
I'm not an artist at all, but the sort of pens that I'd think of as "markers" just lay down solid colour. This sort of shading looks almost like watercolour work. I 'm vaguely curious how it was done.
That, or a market set with a ton of shades to choose from.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle