05-05-15 Well see ya around

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

cellabella

Re: 05-05-15 Well see ya around

Post by cellabella »

Artemisia wrote:Is anyone going to talk about how Angel is actively plotting to cheat on Jerzy? Or the fact that Angel is basically doing what she tattled on Dillon for doing?
Angel is so obsessed with Jerzy that I doubt xe sees it as "cheating." Xe will either spin this to Jerzy as doing it to help out an innocent kid or, as someone upthread mentioned, Xe may see "female Angel" and "male Angel" as distinct entities. Ostensibly Jerzy is not interested in "female Angel" so Angel might rationalize it that way. If, say, Richie were gay and into "male Angel," that might be different - in xer mind, anyway.

I think a bigger takeaway, at least for me, is that Richie is not really any better for Angel than Jerzy is. Angel has worked there for awhile and this apparently is the first time Richie has displayed any attraction. He is into "female Angel," just as Jerzy is into "male Angel." Angel needs someone into xer in whatever form xe chooses at any given time, and neither of these dudes fit the bill.

So my money is on Andy as being xer perfect match. Mainly because I really miss Andy. :/

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

So Jacob is a Mama's boy. Who could have guessed that was coming? :|
sdb20150505b.png
sdb20150505b.png (82.61 KiB) Viewed 6030 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

wi1dfire

Post by wi1dfire »

Something else I've thought of since this morning, but Jacob in the first panel doesn't look like someone running off to tattle. I would guess that he merely called his mom for a ride home "Since I got fired again" and she took exception all on her own.

I imagine the conversation going something like:

Jacob: Mom, can you come pick me up? I just got fired.
Mom (who I imagine as Helen Morgendorfer): Again? What did you do this time?
Jacob: I don't know! I was just making fun of Richie because he likes Angel in a dress, and he told me I was fired.
Helen: Oh for crying out-I don't have time for this. Jacob, go back to work, you're not fired.
Jacob: Really?!
Helen: YES. Now, put your brother on the phone this instant!

I could be totally wrong, but this mental image amuses me, so I'll assume its correct for now. Mostly because I am also a little brother, so I can remember how these things go.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

is it confirmed anywhere that Jacob's mom is Richie's mom?

there is definitive 2 possible scenarios

Jacob and Richie brothers

Richie and Jacob cousins

and I have not seen any "Richie owns the pet shop" so I add a 3rd possibility

Jacob is son of the owner and Richie is simply the manager of that store

so far is probable they siblings BUT has not been 100% confirmed
ImageImage

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Spidrift wrote:Jacob also manipulated Dillon - a complete stranger who was doing him a favour - into doing his job, by emotional manipulation and lying to his face. The kid's a toad. Meanwhile, his mother didn't just quietly get on the 'phone to Richie to discuss giving Jacob his job back politely; she bawled her own, adult son out in her first sentence.

Like I said, it's comedy. But it's comedy built on three unattractive character sketches.
LOL! I still think that's a randomly harsh judgment but everyone has their own opinions. I personally just see it as a funny and amusing family dynamic, something I see sometimes in my own. Kid's playing innocent to get an adult to do something they dont want to do is so normal to me that you taking it so seriously is what I find the most funny of all. And getting yelled at by mom when you told off your younger sibling for doing something they shouldnt have been doing? Also old hat to me. Kids know how to spin it to the parents lmao!

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

wiseguy wrote:is it confirmed anywhere that Jacob's mom is Richie's mom?
I've not seen anything to confirm that.
wiseguy wrote: there is definitive 2 possible scenarios
Jacob and Richie brothers
Richie and Jacob cousins
I'd add another possibility - Richie is Jacob's uncle, a public bawling out from big sis is more likely than from mom.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Then (a) Jacob would probably address Richie as "Uncle Richie", and (b) Richie would rate as even more of a doormat.

Everything here says "brothers and mother" to me. I dunno why some people are so desperate to assume complications.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

shakes head

I do agree the uncle-nephew scenario is complicated, but the Richie and Jacob cousins or Jacob being the owner's son and Richie just the manager are not complicated

and we not complicating, just saying not to assume things as facts

it is highly probable but not guaranteed until the creators of this series say so
ImageImage

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

Spidrift wrote:Then (a) Jacob would probably address Richie as "Uncle Richie", and (b) Richie would rate as even more of a doormat.

Everything here says "brothers and mother" to me. I dunno why some people are so desperate to assume complications.
a) my nephews rarely call me uncle
b) yes
c) I don't see it as any more complicated.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

well, let's say Richie is uncle

his sibling(might be Jacob's mom OR dad) might be owner of the place, thus giving the sibling power over Richie, just the same if Jacob was no relative, and Richie just being the manager of the place
ImageImage