Moderators: Shouri, Giz

wiseguy

Re: 01-05-15 Hot pepper

Post by wiseguy »

TwoWayStar wrote:
wiseguy wrote:Brasca, it looks to me that Jerzy likes Dillon, but not Matt

and probably would be OK with Senna

Jerzy likes what Yuki found difficult to deal with

and looks like he finds it easy to resist "Tomboy Angel" but not "feminine Angie" as "feminine Angie" got him to stay with her 3 nights in the row
I think Angel was his tomboy self through those nights and then on the last night shown on screen, that's when Angel dressed up more femininely which is why Jerzy was a bit..unnerved?
don't know about night 2, but on first night, Jerzy was drunk

than
1) Jerzy liked having Dillon(who has a feminine personality)
2) Jerzy said there was no chance of him and Angel plus he was now exclusively gay but used to be bisexual

thus with Angie being "gender-fluid" it probably means Jerzy does not like that Angie is not anatomically male and also tomboyish personality means not feminine personality (when Angie chooses to be gender-fluid male). as many said, jerzy and angie is highly complicated when for jerzy Dillon is the perfect romantic interest
ImageImage

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Whew. This was slightly confusing before the morning coffee. I had to flow chart it briefly. "Wait what? OH! Got it!"
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Krendall

Post by Krendall »

Okay, I'm kinda confused. So Angel is physically female but she usually dresses and acts like a man? Would this mean Jerzy is bisexual, or did he assume Dillon was also physically female?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Jerzy keeps claiming to have stopped being bisexual (as he admits he was in the past) and to now be functionally entirely gay, unable to get it up for a woman. However, he's clearly fooling himself; not only is he now running a physical relationship with Angel, in the full knowledge that she's physically female, but it's not that long since he had a fling with Zii, who is completely unambiguously female - and people's wiring doesn't just snap irrevocably to a new state overnight.

TL,DR: Jerzy is an idiot.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

I can't be the only one to have seen the thumbnail of Richie and thought:"Puppy?"

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Krendall wrote:Okay, I'm kinda confused. So Angel is physically female but she usually dresses and acts like a man? Would this mean Jerzy is bisexual, or did he assume Dillon was also physically female?
Well, basically, Angel was born female and originally named "Angie". Jerzy was a friend in childhood and later became a romantic friend, though I don't know whether boy- or girl- was the right word. Then, when Angie became aware of hir gender-fluidity, the name "Angel", which only has negligible differences but is far more androgynous, was chosen instead.

If you don't quite understand what gender-fluid means, think of it as the gender-identity equivalent of hermaphroditism: Angel is anatomically female, but in terms of gender-identity, xe feel like calling hirself a man and dress accordingly one moment, feel like calling hirself a woman and dress accordingly another moment and/or not feel like picking a specific gender at all, and simply dress however xe likes. I admit, I don't know how it works in its entirety myself, just that Angel obviously feels like dressing feminine now, where before xe has simply dressed like a goth, gender non-applicable, and sometimes in trendy clothes that could be construed as those of a camp man.

Anyway, Jerzy identified as bisexual at least for a while, though he now thinks of himself as gay and thinks of it as, in his own words, a transition stage (it's a bit of a hotly-contested topic, which you'll see if you look elsewhere); that would have made Angel's lack of gender irrelevant, since he would have found hir attractive either way, but now that he thinks of himself as gay, it complicates matters (since, right now, Angel is dressing like a girl). As you can see, it's also having an effect on Richie.
Spidrift wrote:Jerzy keeps claiming to have stopped being bisexual (as he admits he was in the past) and to now be functionally entirely gay, unable to get it up for a woman. However, he's clearly fooling himself; not only is he now running a physical relationship with Angel, in the full knowledge that she's physically female, but it's not that long since he had a fling with Zii, who is completely unambiguously female - and people's wiring doesn't just snap irrevocably to a new state overnight.

TL,DR: Jerzy is an idiot.
I'd be more inclined to say he doesn't understand how sexuality works than to call him an idiot. He is fooling himself, or at least running with logic that doesn't hold any water to those of us who are better informed and it is still annoying (damnit Jerzy do the mental maths it's not hard 8-|) but I suspect ignorance is his flaw rather than general-purpose idiocy. That said, even accounting for Angel's biological sex, Jerzy could think of Angel as a person and be attracted to hir irrespective of anatomy. Maybe. I don't know what to say about his time with Zii except that he feels bad about doing it, and there's probably a messy emotional explanation for it.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Non-messy emotional explanation: Jerzy is bi.

Honestly, I don't consider myself well-informed about complex sexualities - I spend a certain amount of time on Google whenever these comics get complicated that way. But gawds damn it, "attracted to and has sex with both male and female anatomies" is bisexual, and that isn't complicated, and Jerzy's denial of the bleedin' obvious is as stupid as Sonya's, without her slight excuse of being new to all this stuff and still lost in a hormone rush.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

to cut it to the core, essentially(or at least it seems so far)

Jerzy likes taking aside the sexual organ(Vagina and penis) that his partner would be a flat chested feminine person (probably medium and short haired too) so way they look dressed, he would like Dillon, Kiley and Yuki and also a "feminine Angel" and because way she his kind of tomboyish Zii (despite regular length hair) and now I am not 100% sure if he would like Senna or not(big breasts and longer hair)

but at same time, he likes the penis and is not into Vagina (he might like to do Angel on the behind?)

that is what looks like what makes Jerzy a complicated fellow

and Angel might not be far behind

she sometimes feels like a "homosexual guy" and sometimes like a "straight woman", nothing has indicated SO FAR that she is into women in any gender fluid identity

I would take it? that for spidrift someone who likes Senna is bisexual? no matter that both Senna and "her partner" see her as a female? (anatomically Senna is a male)
ImageImage

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:Non-messy emotional explanation: Jerzy is bi.

Honestly, I don't consider myself well-informed about complex sexualities - I spend a certain amount of time on Google whenever these comics get complicated that way. But gawds damn it, "attracted to and has sex with both male and female anatomies" is bisexual, and that isn't complicated, and Jerzy's denial of the bleedin' obvious is as stupid as Sonya's, without her slight excuse of being new to all this stuff and still lost in a hormone rush.
Well, from my understanding, if the gay guy see's the gender fluid as male, regardless of real gender or body parts, then gay guy is still gay.

Of course, that over simplifies it a bit. Regardless of what some may say here on this forum, plenty of gay men wouldn't consider that gay. Just as plenty of straight men, wouldn't consider it gay, since Angel is infact female.

All complicated and nothing that is likely to be solved in this comic, but plenty to get people upset in discussions! :p

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

that is why I say the being straight gay or bi should be seen by the point of view of participants and not outsiders. otherwise we could say that for gender fluids and transsexuals they would be "EVERYTHING" if we are guided by the observers

even if it means that any guy might see being with Senna as being gay, straight or see her as "bi in herself" as she has part of both genders even if Senna sees it as being a straight relationship if she is only a bottom and as gay if she is a top
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:Well, from my understanding, if the gay guy see's the gender fluid as male, regardless of real gender or body parts, then gay guy is still gay.
However, Jerzy doesn't see Angel as male. He's evidently known her since before she adopted the gender-fluid identity, and in their last conversation, he was talking about her as female. He keeps emphasising her boyish and androgynous attributes, but as androgynous atributes on a woman; that's pretty clearly him making weird excuses to himself for desiring a woman.

Throw in the fact that his fling with Zii can't have been much more than a year or so ago, and he really does look bi-in-denial.
---------
Spidrift

AceOfSpades1

Post by AceOfSpades1 »

Angel is female O_o...@_@...X_X

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

birth wise and anatomically yes, she is a woman

mentally and emotionally

sometimes yes, sometimes she identifies herself as a boy

and as far as we know, she likes men but not women (sometimes she feels like she is straight, sometimes she feels he is gay)
ImageImage