28-04-15 Caught his eye

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Cortez

Re: 28-04-15 Caught his eye

Post by Cortez »

pbfhdude wrote:Ummm, I'm a little confused, I got the feeling here that Angel IS actually female and her other look was the gender-bend.
It was already explained that Angel is gender fluid, so Angel is "actually" both depending on how Angel feels at the moment.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:
Spidrift wrote:So we get the return of Richie, and he gets his heterosexuality defined. I'm sure that Dillon would be disappointed, even if New Improved Dillon tried to hide the fact.
Or bisexuality.
Possible, of course (especially on the usual "everybody is a little bit..." plea), but the implication seems to be that Richie hasn't found Angel sexually attractive previously, and is being thrown for a bit of a loop at this point. So I'd go with "predominantly hetero" at minimum for him.
pbfhdude wrote:Ummm, I'm a little confused, I got the feeling here that Angel IS actually female and her other look was the gender-bend.
I hate to say this, but that puts you a week or two behind other people. See the discussions of immediately preceding strips.
brasca wrote:That would also explain why she brought Minew with her in the first place. Job scouting, errands, and yaoi browsing. Ruby is a multitasker.
The only thing is that we didn't get this from her internal monologues or speeches to Minew. But no matter.

At this point, I suspect that Ruby has started carrying Minew around so that her monologues don't appear too deranged; she's not talking to herself, she's talking to the cat. Personally, I think that this is a mistake. On the one hand, her purely internal monologues previously looked perfectly plausible and sane to me; she's an introvert, and introverts look inwards rather than outwards, and value time spent alone. And on the other, someone who keeps talking to her cat may just look like a crazy cat lady. But never mind.
FlashD81 wrote:Angle is physically female.
And bent?
FlashD81 wrote:Also looking cute in that dress.
Or Angel is looking heavenly?

(I'll stop repeating my jokes when people start proofreading their posts. I'll leave the medieval pope out of it this time.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

pbfhdude

Post by pbfhdude »

Cortez wrote:
It was already explained that Angel is gender fluid, so Angel is "actually" both depending on how Angel feels at the moment.
Yeah I got that but physically it looks like she's female and fluids into male when she's feeling it, or is it the other way round?

Marque'd

Post by Marque'd »

...I hated Angel when he first showed up.

...now I realize that he basically is me. WTF. I mean, until recently. I just came out as trans two months ago.

Also, if you must know, Angel is biologically male, as JErsey introduced him as an ex-boyfriend. Also, he's naturally flat-chested. He also doesn't seem to mind pronoun usage, soooooo, yeah.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. *stabstabstab*

Yay, signature death.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Marque'd wrote:Angel is biologically male, as JErsey introduced him as an ex-boyfriend.
Reference please.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

So does this make Angel Sailor Uranus? :p
sdb20150428.png
sdb20150428.png (104.65 KiB) Viewed 7201 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

LOL Azrael, don't know, was not Uranus into girls?
ImageImage

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Well, according to Michiru/Sailor Neptune (Sailor Uranus/Haruka's partner), she doesn't like popular* guys. See my avatar (Moonie and proud of it \M/ :-bd ). Maybe Angel is closer to one of the Starlights? But, even that is a stretch.

*= read popular as either handsome, or guys that flirt too close/are dangerous with the young ladies Haruka might like. I've seen it described as either, without much real contradiction to the net effect of Haruka being more than a little put out.

Haruka was a horrible flirt with the cuter ladies of the show, as long as she wasn't in 'full-on kick-your-ass' mode like the Outer Senshi tend to get in.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Marque'd wrote:...I hated Angel when he first showed up.

...now I realize that he basically is me. WTF. I mean, until recently. I just came out as trans two months ago.

Also, if you must know, Angel is biologically male, as JErsey introduced him as an ex-boyfriend. Also, he's naturally flat-chested. He also doesn't seem to mind pronoun usage, soooooo, yeah.
Everything has pointed to Angel being a girl. Jerzy calling the genderfluid his boyfriend is easily explained as Angel being in her male stance as well as Jerzy's own insecurities when it comes to him with a girl.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I think those in this thread asking if Angel is female need to stress they are asking about her biological sex, not what she identifies as at any given time. People responding that she is gender fluid may give the impression (to those who don't know about the designation) that she is actually able to somehow change her biological sex on a whim.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:Everything has pointed to Angel being a girl. Jerzy calling the genderfluid his boyfriend is easily explained as Angel being in her male stance as well as Jerzy's own insecurities when it comes to him with a girl.
I challenge anyone to produce an instance of Jerzy calling Angel his boyfriend.
---------
Spidrift

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

pbfhdude wrote:
Cortez wrote:
Yeah I got that but physically it looks like she's female and fluids into male when she's feeling it, or is it the other way round?
Except not really since the last strip revealed Angel uses a padded bra. So what gender Angel was designated at birth is still unconfirmed.

Though what really matters is what Angel identifies as currently.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Padded bra or not; she wears a lowish-necked dress with shortish skirt when presenting as female, baggy enveloping stuff when presenting as male. She's addressed as "Angie" by childhood friend Jerzy when he isn't concentrating. Jerzy called Dillon an unobservant idiot (or words to that effect) when Dillon accused him of sleeping with her. Jerzy compared her to a character played by Jane freakin' Birkin in a movie.

Angel is female by birth and anatomy. Confirming this much more explicitly would render the comic NSFW, and is unnecessary.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I'd say her line of "Tomboyish" would also confirm it.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

RangikuSoiFon

Wait......ANGEL'S A WOMAN???????!!

Post by RangikuSoiFon »

I am so confused!!!! Is Angel..... (Jerzy's friend and Dillon's rival) biologically a WOMAN!!???!?

If so.......OMG NO WAY!!!!! :-o :-o :-o :-o Manly tomboy trying to be feminine!!!! How ironic!!!!

Merged here. The DAMNed