Post by Giz »

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 24-04-15 This deserves another chance

Post by Azrael »

sdb20150424b.png
sdb20150424b.png (80.85 KiB) Viewed 10584 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well that answers another question. Considering all the times we've seen Angel I didn't know if she was binding her chest or just small breasted. Forget about talking to Ruby she needs to pay Kylie a visit.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Not quite the same thing as Kylie. Angel's reason for having a flat chest isn't the same and it probably doesn't bother Angel when he's a boy.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Angel's laying it on with a trowel.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

As somebody who gets pissed off at having his real named misspelled, I am hereby going to start white-knighting for Kiley.

Kiley.

Got it?

Anyway...

Actually, it struck me previously that Angel tended to wear fairly loose and baggy tops when presenting as probably-male, so when she showed some moderate curves in that dress, I just thought "okay, that all makes sense". Saying that there's padding involved seems superfluous.

But no matter. What seems to be happening here is that these two characters are now set on a course involving, well, the two of them and nobody else much. And they even seem to be basing themselves in Angel's place, rather than the apartment next to Dillon and Amber's place. That may be a good or a bad idea (I'd say very bad, but whatever), but it kind of takes them out of the plot of the comic for an indefinite period. It's an odd bit of plotting.

I'm guessing that we'll get a cut away next strip, and it'll be interesting to see if it relates to these twoin any way. The only way I can think that this can be kept tied back to the lead trio is if Felicia asks her neighbours for help, because her idiot brother is repeating an idiot mistake - and even then, well, why should the trio respond, and how? Ruby might feel misguidedly morally obliged, I guess. Anyway, we'll see.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Oh my, Angle is making sense in this strip, and the two are actually cute together (love the last panel :ymhug: ). I'd say problems may more come from Jerzy than from Angie. She knows what whe wants. Jerzy, not so much, and it will be quite a long time before he sort out his mind, I bet. He has already slept with Angel more times than in their previous "relationship". If Jerzy's going back to his sister's appartment, I guess he'll stumble upon Dillon. Will be interesting to see these two interactions. Maybe Dillon will try to make amends and ask Jerzy to get bakc with him, making the latter embarassed ? :-?

(Sorry, cannot remember who dumped who and doesn't have the time to verify).

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Non Angli, sed Angeli. It would of course be wrong to talk about Angel being bent, though she can be a bit obtuse.

Dillon and Jerzy's break-up was a mutual screaming match; they basically dumped each other. At a push, I'd say that Jerzy did more of the dumping, but there wasn't much in it. He did then think about going back to Dillon, but changed his mind due to the misunderstanding about Rudy.

If they met up again - which seems inevitable in the long term, given the neighbouring apartments - I'm not sure that Dillon would try to restart things. On the one hand, he's a proud drama queen, and humble apologies aren't often his style; on the other, he's decided to move on and look for someone else, and trying to restart things with Jerzy might well feel like a lapse and a mistake on those terms - the sort of mistake that Ruby has talked him away from.

Plus, there'll quite likely be another comedy misunderstanding, involving Jerzy seeing Dillon kissing Ray. In fact, come to think of it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the big gag/plot point in the next strip or two.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Funny thing is that when Dillon learns that Jerzy hooked back up with Angel, he'll probably see this as him being right all along and not the true fact that he essentially shoe horned Jerzy into Angel's embrace due to his own jealousy, distrust, possessiveness and insinuations that Jerzy couldn't be friends with Angel without it involving sex (projecting much, Dillon?).

No self respecting person is going to put up with that kind of bullshit from their partner for long.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon was an idiot with Jerzy, certainly, but he was also more correct than he had any right to be; Jerzy's "we're just good friends" claims were just so much self-deluding BS.

The test for Dillon would be whether he chose to make an issue of this, or whether he managed to just leave it and walk away. Ruby seems to have pushed him into a slightly more mature approach to relationships, but, well, he's Dillon.
---------
Spidrift

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

The thing to remember is that, regardless of what feelings Jerzy still harbored towards Angel while dating Dillon, the fact is that Jerzy wasn't going to ruin what he had with Dillon while they were still an item. He was completely faithful to Dillon through the duration of their courtship and repeatedly turned down Angel's advances during that time. The fact that Jerzy hooked up with Angel after the breakup is a moot point, as he and Dillon were through at that point in time.

Dillon, meanwhile, was still lusting after Gary, flirting with various men, and almost nearly gave in to Matt's seduction with at the club - all the while still hooked up with Jerzy. And no sooner had they broken up, was he attempting to seduce Ray (which, thankfully, was ruined thanks in part to both his conscious, talking to Ruby, and Amber's arrival).

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:As somebody who gets pissed off at having his real named misspelled, I am hereby going to start white-knighting for Kiley.

Kiley.

Got it?
Auto correct tends to be a problem whenever I post comments. Sorry spydryft.
Spidrift wrote:I'm guessing that we'll get a cut away next strip, and it'll be interesting to see if it relates to these twoin any way. The only way I can think that this can be kept tied back to the lead trio is if Felicia asks her neighbours for help, because her idiot brother is repeating an idiot mistake - and even then, well, why should the trio respond, and how? Ruby might feel misguidedly morally obliged, I guess. Anyway, we'll see.
Given how Dillon is just as prone for the dramatics as Angel and Amber does not know the details if anyone is going to make peace it is Ruby.
Cortez wrote:Not quite the same thing as Kylie. Angel's reason for having a flat chest isn't the same and it probably doesn't bother Angel when he's a boy.
True, but Angel should probably see a therapist and maybe having something in common could get that ball rolling.

cellabella

Post by cellabella »

Fluffy wrote:The thing to remember is that, regardless of what feelings Jerzy still harbored towards Angel while dating Dillon, the fact is that Jerzy wasn't going to ruin what he had with Dillon while they were still an item. He was completely faithful to Dillon through the duration of their courtship and repeatedly turned down Angel's advances during that time. The fact that Jerzy hooked up with Angel after the breakup is a moot point, as he and Dillon were through at that point in time.

Dillon, meanwhile, was still lusting after Gary, flirting with various men, and almost nearly gave in to Matt's seduction with at the club - all the while still hooked up with Jerzy. And no sooner had they broken up, was he attempting to seduce Ray (which, thankfully, was ruined thanks in part to both his conscious, talking to Ruby, and Amber's arrival).
This isn't really fair, or accurate, IMO.

Jerzy lied to Dillon about the show. Period. You can tap dance around that all you want, and if your hatred of Dillon is such that you're going to ignore actual plot points, okay, but the whole crapfest got started because Jerzy. Lied.

Dillon was not "lusting after Gary" unless having a framed picture of him was "lusting." When he, as Dinah, saw Gary walk by at the concert, he let him walk by. He didn't chase after him, he didn't tackle him, he didn't even approach him. You and others seem to not be able to forgive Dillon for his crush on Gary, which, whatever. But it's going to make the reading of this comic pretty dreary for you, I think.

I'll give you the flirting with the dude at the pet store. He realized later that was wrong, but he shouldn't have done it.

He almost gave into Matt? Uh. No.

He attempted to seduce Ray? Uh. No. Also, considering Jerzy went home with Angel after the concert, and Dillon went home with ... Ruby, and cried, it's a realllll stretch to say that Dillon attempted to "seduce" Ray as soon as they broke up. Also, are you expecting Dillon to behave like a monk when he is single? Jerzy has banged Angel three times, at least. Dillon has kissed a guy while rehearsing scenes and has gracefully accepted that said guy is interested in his roommate. Has Dillon even been on actual date with someone since the breakup?

Your apparent hatred of Dillon is problematic when you try to insert facts that aren't in evidence or (willfully) misread parts of the comic that are canon. Jerzy and Angel can have each other. Both of them are immensely screwed up and as much as Dillon is not my fave character in the Ma3-verse, he deserves better than a clueless bi-phobe. Jerzy's going to get his ass handed to him - again - but hey. That's on him.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:The thing to remember is that, regardless of what feelings Jerzy still harbored towards Angel while dating Dillon, the fact is that Jerzy wasn't going to ruin what he had with Dillon while they were still an item. He was completely faithful to Dillon through the duration of their courtship and repeatedly turned down Angel's advances during that time. The fact that Jerzy hooked up with Angel after the breakup is a moot point, as he and Dillon were through at that point in time.

Like I said, Dillon was an idiot with Jerzy. Jerzy certainly didn't help by not-quite-lying to Dillon about going to Angel's gig, though. Jerzy might not want to admit that his childhood friend has creepy borderline-stalker tendencies, but it was glaringly obvious that there was, shall we say, a compatibility problem between Dillon and Angel. Trying to please them both while keeping them in separate compartments was just asking for trouble, and saying that Angel was just a friend and no threat to Dillon was pushing his luck. The trouble then blew up faster and worse because Dillon was Dillon.

(And Jerzy can't say that he couldn't know how Dillon was likely to react. He specifically said earlier that he liked Dillon because Dillon "wore his heart on his sleeve" - i.e. was a hopeless drama queen. You date someone for their drama queen tendencies, you do not sneak off to hang out with someone they hate and expect to keep everyone happy.)

Dillon's subsequent scene with Ray got interesting because Dillon's first great crush showed up just as Dillon was in the middle of a bad case of character development. I won't say that the hope of seducing Ray wasn't in the back of his mind, but he seems to have accepted long ago that Ray was straight, and hence that chasing him would just be a way to lose an old friend; with Ruby having prodded him to take a slightly more thoughtful approach to relationships, and yes, having triggered his conscience, he genuinely seems to have been doing his best to do the right thing in the face of serious temptation (to Ruby's frustration). When Ray had his little bisexual panic, Dillon actually turned about as mature and selfless as we've ever seen him.

The next test is this bright idea of Dillon giving Ray more kissing lessons, with Amber's consent. Everyone there may think that they're being clever, but they aren't. At best, Dillon will just be torturing himself, kissing a guy who he can't do any more with; at worst, Ray will have another twinge of bisexual feeling, and ask Dillon what he should do about it. And Ruby may not be much use there, even if she's around, because her yearning for free live-action yaoi and her negative feelings towards Amber will leave her severely tempted. A living conscience is only as good as its own conscience.
brasca wrote:Given how Dillon is just as prone for the dramatics as Angel and Amber does not know the details if anyone is going to make peace it is Ruby.
Someone would probably have to ask her for help first, though. Ruby is remarkably wise about other people's relationships, considering her inexperience, but she isn't pushy about helping them, and there are clearly limits. I could see her getting involved with other people's melodramas, and quite possibly saying the right thing (she does good Objective Observer), but stuff is likely to get very messy before she can find a way to help.
---------
Spidrift

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

cellabella wrote:

This isn't really fair, or accurate, IMO.

Jerzy lied to Dillon about the show. Period. You can tap dance around that all you want, and if your hatred of Dillon is such that you're going to ignore actual plot points, okay, but the whole crapfest got started because Jerzy. Lied.
But why did Jerzy have to lie in the first place? Because Dillon was a jealous, obsessive/possessive freak who hated Angel with a passion. I'm not saying Jerzy was in the right to fib to Dillon (who, by the way, had an inkling that the friend that Jerzy was helping out that night was Angel; which Jerzy didn't confirm or deny. Hell, Dillon went to the club in drag with the sole purpose of catching Jerzy in the act), but Dillon had no right trying to force Jerzy to decide between his boyfriend and his old friend.
Dillon was not "lusting after Gary" unless having a framed picture of him was "lusting." When he, as Dinah, saw Gary walk by at the concert, he let him walk by. He didn't chase after him, he didn't tackle him, he didn't even approach him.
And yet, he was struggling hard not to- he actually had asked Ruby to hold him back in order to prevent him from chasing after Gary and acknowledged he still desired him.
You and others seem to not be able to forgive Dillon for his crush on Gary, which, whatever. But it's going to make the reading of this comic pretty dreary for you, I think.
If the fact that Dillon still lusted after a guy who never wanted him in the first place annoyed me that much; I would have stopped reading Ma3 back during the kissing lesson.
I'll give you the flirting with the dude at the pet store. He realized later that was wrong, but he shouldn't have done it.
What about the guy prior to the store clerk? Or Andy? Or the guy at the club? He didn't acknowledge that these moments were wrong - Hell, he even made excuses for the latter two in order to make them more innocent than they were.
He almost gave into Matt? Uh. No.
Barely nearly - I never said he did. The only thing that stopped him from caving was Gary walking into the bathroom, ruining the moment.
He attempted to seduce Ray? Uh. No. Also, considering Jerzy went home with Angel after the concert, and Dillon went home with ... Ruby, and cried, it's a realllll stretch to say that Dillon attempted to "seduce" Ray as soon as they broke up.
The very next day- like, less than 12 hours later? I would say that's pretty much counts as being right after breaking up with Jerzy.

As far as Ray goes - seduction was probably the wrong word to use. But you can't argue that Dillon was elated at the idea of being alone with his boyhood crush with the added bonus of kissing him while giving acting lessons. True, Dillon hesitated after that first kiss; but given his discussion with Ruby minutes later, how far would things have gone if Ruby didn't accidentally interfere?