Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

21-04-15 I am afraid

Post by Shouri »

Spidrift

Re: 21-04-15 I am afraid

Post by Spidrift »

You know, given the levels of denial and self-delusion that are clearly standard in Ma3-Montreal, it's a wonder that the city even functions. Mind you, it's also a city where random construction workers get to reference 1976-vintage Serge Gainsbourg/Jane Birkin movies when discussing their relationships, so I guess it gets by on the magic of plot.

(Funnily enough, although I've never seen that movie, I'd heard of it - but only by its French title - Je t'aime moi non plus - so I had to look it up to work out the reference. Given that, so far as I can tell, the movie is about a gay man who can only get it up with a woman by going for buttsex, one has to wonder about the technical details of Jerzy and Angel's relationship.)

Anyway, one feels that Angel needs to hang out with Ruby a bit more. After a week of her, Dillon stopped being quite such a self-deluding loon, so perhaps she could do Angel some good. I'm also thinking again that Felicia is about the only person currently in a position to trigger an appropriate intervention.
Last edited by Spidrift on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Jerzy needs to man up and give Angel her walking papers. But she's his weakness, so he won't do it. Guess she hasn't inflicted enough madness and chaos in his life yet...
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Haaa... Jerzy seemed like a sane, rational character when he first appeared, but yes, this relationship suggests that he's at least as screwed up as the rest of the cast.

One also notes that, while Angel defines herself as "gender fluid", Jerzy continues to define her as "a hot, boyish-looking woman". Well, if he's known her since childhood, it may be hard to break the habit. But I'd imagine that Angel would get a bit annoyed at that from anyone else.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

kamishiro

Post by kamishiro »

Well he seems to know that going down that road won't end well. While he still see Angels as a girl he likes how Angel is boyish and willing to be what Jerry wants.

http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... t_me_to_be

Angel should realize that this thing between them is gonna end up in mess. :T

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Knowing that what he's doing will end badly, but doing it anyway... Like I said, screwed up.
---------
Spidrift

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

I have to admit that I find Angel's deluded reaction quite cute !
Jerzy's must have seen Je t'aime, moi non plus with Angel. Even in France it's not a very well-known and shown movie. The song of course, everyone knows it.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The song is mostly remembered in the UK for being banned by the BBC. That and, of course, a young Jane Birkin faking orgasm all over people's turntables. The film is pretty much forgotten.

But given that Giz's old band covered "Harley Davidson", I suspect that she may have a passing interest in Serge Gainsbourg, which could explain why the comic uses the reference so casually.
---------
Spidrift

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

What song are you all talking about?

And...I still can't stand Angel. Xe needs to have some sense knocked into xer head.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

so is confirmed? Angel was born a woman

and gender fluid just means that Angie sometimes feels like a woman, and sometimes like a boy, has in itself nothing to do with her sex preference (except it seems, that she sometimes feels heterosexual, and sometimes gay as nothing indicates she or he depending on mood is into women)
ImageImage

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:You know, given the levels of denial and self-delusion that are clearly standard in Ma3-Montreal, it's a wonder that the city even functions. Mind you, it's also a city where random construction workers get to reference 1976-vintage Serge Gainsbourg/Jane Birkin movies when discussing their relationships, so I guess it gets by on the magic of plot.

(Funnily enough, although I've never seen that movie, I'd heard of it - but only by its French title - Je t'aime moi non plus - so I had to look it up to work out the reference. Given that, so far as I can tell, the movie is about a gay man who can only get it up with a woman by going for buttsex, one has to wonder about the technical details of Jerzy and Angel's relationship.)

Anyway, one feels that Angel needs to hang out with Ruby a bit more. After a week of her, Dillon stopped being quite such a self-deluding loon, so perhaps she could do Angel some good. I'm also thinking again that Felicia is about the only person currently in a position to trigger an appropriate intervention.
Perhaps Ruby might seek Angel out as an investor in her yaoi venture.

As for how Jerzy would know such an obscure foreign movie it could be a favorite of his and Angel. Maybe she introduced it to him as a hint.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Why should Ruby think that Angel has money to invest? She just knows that Angel is a rock musician playing small clubs. If the plot needs her to meet Angel again, a collision outside Jerzy's front door seems more plausible.

And the movie sounds like a bad choice for an anatomically-female individual to use when seducing a gay male. A story about physically painful buttsex and a relationship which ends badly? As Jerzy is saying here, it looks more like a horrible warning. However, I guess it is a French-language story about gay themes, so maybe it showed up in a local art-house and Jerzy went along while he was still getting his head around his sexual identity.
---------
Spidrift

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

I don't think they are of incompatible orientation. I mean, Jerzy is obviously attracted to her. Why does it matter to him if he's not attracted to some hypothetical feminine archetype, when he is attracted to Angie?
It sounds to me as if he was rejecting her all time because he is worried they'll take away his gay creed card, not because he didn't like her.

Until someone gives me good reason why this relationship is doomed (he's not attracted to her after all, or she's a bitch, or crazy, or something else) I see no reason to not root for them.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Angel is crazy. Seriously and scary crazy. I wouldn't root for them because Jerzy seems like a fairly nice guy and doesn't deserve to wake up one night with a knife on his throat while Angel talks about The Voices.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Angie/Angel might be perfect for Matt, sometimes she feels like a girl, and wants to be submissive, sometimes Angel wants to be dominant and uses a strapon in Matt ;)
ImageImage