Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

20-03-15 What am I doing

Post by Shouri »

FlashD81

Re: 20-03-15 What am I doing

Post by FlashD81 »

:)) I think Ruby might be busted.

We won't know until next strip but at least know we know that Zii remembers Ruby.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Feywald

Post by Feywald »

I think Ruby will try an outrageous lie hear, one that's just going to make everything worse.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

interesting that Zii remembers her as "LITTLE" Ruby
ImageImage

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

well, this promises to be interesting
Yet still, I live...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Fate's right hand. She slaps you. :ymdevil:
sdb20150320.png
sdb20150320.png (127.42 KiB) Viewed 9911 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Well, this can't end well.

(... For Ruby, that is.)
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Not unexpected, but yep, here we go. Points to Zii for having a decent memory for faces - odds are that she hasn't seen Ruby since she was gawky and pre-pubertal - though of course Amber may have been talking about her sister lately. And we now have a plot reason for Ruby carrying Minew around with her; it'll give these two something non-embarrassing to bond over...

And this could get interesting in a lot of ways. I do wonder what Amber says about Ruby to third parties - you'd think that Dillon would have asked about Ruby by now, but perhaps he thinks it's more fun to find stuff out for himself. Or perhaps Amber hasn't said a word more to anyone than she has had to, and Zii is going to have one of those weird I'm-getting-older moments when she discovers that "Little Ruby Larose" is now an adult woman with a BBA.
Feywald wrote:I think Ruby will try an outrageous lie hear, one that's just going to make everything worse.
Yeah. Very possibly one strip's worth of insane lies that collapse instantly, because Ruby is just a crap liar.
Osaru Sensei wrote:Well, this can't end well.

(... For Ruby, that is.)
Actually, I can think of ways that it might. Ruby needs to know that other people respect her for herself; she usually alternates between contempt towards people she thinks just want to use her and fear that she's boring. She might just get a bit of affirmation here, depending on what exactly Zii does think and say. Or we might just get a sweet bonding scene over Minew, with Ruby discovering that the cold-hearted sister-stealer is actually just a soppy flake.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The long-awaited moment1

*rubs hands*

This outta be good!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Giz has definitely got her eye in when it comes to drawing Ruby now. The range of expressions in this and the preceding strip is wonderful.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

Well, Ruby can kiss her respectability good bye indeed.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

And kiss Zii instead! :p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Badman! wrote:Well, Ruby can kiss her respectability good bye indeed.
Only inside her own head, ironically enough. She thinks it's all about behaving according to a set of rules that nobody else in her environment really understands; everybody else is likely to notice that she's mostly reliable, usually ethical, and academically successful, and respect that (albeit grudgingly in some cases). She's got a massive guilt complex that doesn't fit in a shame-based society where most people are largely shameless anyway.

I suspect that most of the cast are lapsed Catholics; Ruby is a natural-born Protestant. Very Quebecois.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Not unexpected, but yep, here we go. Points to Zii for having a decent memory for faces - odds are that she hasn't seen Ruby since she was gawky and pre-pubertal - though of course Amber may have been talking about her sister lately. And we now have a plot reason for Ruby carrying Minew around with her; it'll give these two something non-embarrassing to bond over...

And this could get interesting in a lot of ways. I do wonder what Amber says about Ruby to third parties - you'd think that Dillon would have asked about Ruby by now, but perhaps he thinks it's more fun to find stuff out for himself. Or perhaps Amber hasn't said a word more to anyone than she has had to, and Zii is going to have one of those weird I'm-getting-older moments when she discovers that "Little Ruby Larose" is now an adult woman with a BBA.
Feywald wrote:I think Ruby will try an outrageous lie hear, one that's just going to make everything worse.
Yeah. Very possibly one strip's worth of insane lies that collapse instantly, because Ruby is just a crap liar.
It would seem so. Most of us could get out of this easily enough and seeing as how Zii would probably remember Ruby as a child she would probably assume that she was lost in the wrong section and think nothing of it, however, Ruby will make it worse. Now maybe they will leave without incident because Minew could provide some distraction, but it's also quite likely that she may extort herself to keep Zii silent without any effort. I remember months ago when Zii wanted to learn about Gary's technique and thinking she might want to employ a spy who no one has ever seen. If Ruby is that fearful that her respectability could be destroyed then she might agree to get involved in Zii's hijinks.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Don Alexander wrote:The long-awaited moment1

*rubs hands*

This outta be good!
I can't wait to see how this falls out...so much potential :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"