13-03-15 Half a lesson

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

wiseguy

Re: 13-03-15 Half a lesson

Post by wiseguy »

brasca wrote:
Seeing as how Ruby is wiling to tolerate this if she gets to watch proves they share this mercenary trend. Perhaps they are not all that different after all.
there is a chance that if the boys from her school had not revealed the career choice of Amber while she was 13 or 14?, she would have become a girl that would have lost her virginity already and if she had found out about "Amber's career choice" it would have been by finding out while exploring the internet and that discovery at a later age (17 to 20? )would not have made a "highly radical" influence on her(wanting to get away from sex 100%)
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

So, Ray shall become the new Swirling Master.

BUT HE SHALL USE HIS TONGUE FOR EVIL!!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

Gary's Luck will come into play here.

Ray will turn out to be as good or better than Gary. And then Ray will become FAMOUS for it. And Gary will be left out in the cold.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Don Alexander wrote:So, Ray shall become the new Swirling Master.

BUT HE SHALL USE HIS TONGUE FOR EVIL!!!
we shall see in the future

I think Ray will end up almost as good as Dill but not equal or superior to Gary

if we put Gary(where most say he is the best) as 100

I think Zii is like between 95 and 98, Dillon between 93 and 97 and Ray will end up being around 92
ImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

For some weird reason I keep having this go through my head---

Gary: "When I left you, I was but a learner, now I am the master."

Dillon "A master of evil, Gary"
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Continuity wrote:Gary's Luck will come into play here.

Ray will turn out to be as good or better than Gary. And then Ray will become FAMOUS for it. And Gary will be left out in the cold.
If Gary's Luck comes into play, then Ray won't be as good as Gary, just like Gary's swirly is evidently better than Dillon's.

Seriously, slapstick aside, Gary is generally pretty lucky and things have a way of working out in his favor. The issue is that hijinks usually ensues in the middle.

Besides, this strip isn't about Gary, so his luck (Good or Bad), would not factor in.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

directly....................... probably not

but it is important to factor in what was the ingredient of the SGR masterhood of Gary in both strips

just Dillon's lessons plus Gary's knack? (if Ray has similar knack, he could possibly equal Gary)

Dillon's and Yuki's lessons? (Ray will need to learn from Yuki)

all 3? (Ray needs to have similar knack as Gary plus lessons from Yuki) which is the most likely
ImageImage

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

I just give up....sighs

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Cortez wrote:
Continuity wrote:Gary's Luck will come into play here.

If Gary's Luck comes into play, then Ray won't be as good as Gary, just like Gary's swirly is evidently better than Dillon's.

Seriously, slapstick aside, Gary is generally pretty lucky and things have a way of working out in his favor. The issue is that hijinks usually ensues in the middle.
Cortez has a point here, and I'm sure Spidrift would agree as well. Gary's luck with women has actually been on the upswing ever since Zii first turned up on his doorstep. He just experiences a lot of female-related hijinks to balance out that luck (added to which that when it comes to women he usually has no idea what he's doing), which is why he doesn't have a girlfriend right now. But all things considered, he's really not ready for a girlfriend anyway; he needs considerably more emotional and social development. Of course, that could easily be said of most of the characters in the Ma3Verse, including Dillon, Amber and Ruby.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Indeed. Gary makes his own "bad luck."

(And Dillon, Amber, and Ruby are all at least dimly aware of their problems, and are each trying clumsily to deal with their limitations in their own ways. SDB characters belong in a soap opera; Ma3 characters are comedy idiots.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Spacedoubt

Post by Spacedoubt »

I love the 3rd panel Win/Win/Win realisation XD

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Mmm. Makes me think... I should admit that some of my previous posts here probably took the lead trio's behaviour a bit too seriously. They're excitable comedy characters, whose reaction to an opportunity is of course to jump in feet first and grab it. Even being serious, there's a chance that when they calm down a bit, they'll be a bit more honest with Ray.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Ruby's outburst made me laugh! :))

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

I do have to say, well played Dillon!

He just tossed that comment out there like a fly fisherman and Amber set the hook before it hit the water.