10-03-15 Kiss one of my biggest crushes

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 10-03-15 Kiss one of my biggest crushes

Post by Spidrift »

The middle figure is shorter, and Amber is shorter than Dillon. Plus, that gives the same relative character positions as panel 1. So panel 4a goes Ruby/Amber/Dillon.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

:)) and :ymsigh: at the same time. I agree with Spid, Ruby needs to get laid. At the very least she needs to "self medicate" to release her of the problems her libido is causing.

Dillon and Amber clear the air and Dillon confirms to Amber that Gary is straight. I hope those two see what is going on and help Ruby instead of ignoring her.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon might; Amber, not so much. It's clear to me that those two are still locked into a fifteen-year-old pattern whereby Amber does the social animal thing while Ruby not only mostly gets ignored, but repels any offers of attention she does receive, especially from Amber.

Still, Dillon occasionally draws Amber into his attempts to "help", even if she does tend to focus first on him in those cases, leaving Ruby feeling like the inanimate subject of their joint projects.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

HeavenlySatanic

Post by HeavenlySatanic »

Dat Ruby face
Kinda grus but funny

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

cellabella wrote:I doubt Ruby will know anything for a long time about the situation where Dillon ate Amber out. At least, not the trufax. Telling her the truth would mean Dillon and Amber both admitting that they wilfully fucked a married man in order to advance their careers and then blackmailed said man for the happening pad they now share. If Amber doesn't realize it, then Dillon must at this point know that if Ruby were to find out these things, she'd run a mile, likely cut Amber off entirely and stop speaking to Dillon and possibly would inform their parents of what their "perfect daughter" has been up to. So I think that door will stay closed for awhile.
As I pointed out in a previous post, Amber and Dillon actually could tell Ruby enough of the general facts (a 3-way, initiated by the other man; Amber enjoyed it and Dillon didn't) so that Ruby might know just enough but not too much. (Hey, I'm sure even that much detail would be hard for her to handle, and she would have absolutely *NO* desire to know any more of the sordid details.)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It'd be a very delicate balancing act, though. And it'd still taint Ruby's image of Dillon as so gay as to have no conceivable interest in the contents of her pants. ("If he was willing to experiment with Amber ... Oh God, is that why he keeps talking to me?")
---------
Spidrift

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:
Fluffy wrote:And there we go - confirmation that Dillon never told Amber (or even so much as implied) that Gary was gay/bi.
Amber could reasonably say that, under the circumstances, not saying that he wasn't was a fairly large hint that he was.
But how does that make Amber look - to automatically assume that the guy that Dillon was fawning over had to be gay because Dillon himself is gay?

People crush on the same sex all the time; it doesn't necessarily mean that the feelings are reciprocated.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

cellabella

Post by cellabella »

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot wrote: As I pointed out in a previous post, Amber and Dillon actually could tell Ruby enough of the general facts (a 3-way, initiated by the other man; Amber enjoyed it and Dillon didn't) so that Ruby might know just enough but not too much. (Hey, I'm sure even that much detail would be hard for her to handle, and she would have absolutely *NO* desire to know any more of the sordid details.)
Good points. And your post actually reminded me that I don't think Ruby is as inquisitive as other posters seem to believe she is. She has done the mental (or literal) version of "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" when she has hit information overload.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

FlashD81 wrote:I agree with Spid, Ruby needs to get laid. At the very least she needs to "self medicate" to release her of the problems her libido is causing.
I'm now imagining a few strips in which Amber and Dillon are obliged to share his bed for one night while multiple Ruby-orgasmic cries come from the other room ... and Ruby emerges looking embarrassed but alone in the morning, asking where she can buy some more batteries.
Fluffy wrote:But how does that make Amber look - to automatically assume that the guy that Dillon was fawning over had to be gay because Dillon himself is gay?

People crush on the same sex all the time; it doesn't necessarily mean that the feelings are reciprocated.
Absolutely. But Dillon evidently told Amber a fair bit about Gary and his feelings for him - enough that Amber guessed who Gary was on sight ("You must be Ga-"), and later felt obliged to include Dillon in her threesome plans to avoid hurting Dillon's feelings. Now, if I was single and had feelings for someone who didn't return them, I might well tell my best friend about it - but if the problem was that the someone wasn't interested in men, that'd be almost the first thing I'd mention.

It's like complaining at length that you never get to eat peanut butter sandwiches, but never mentioning that you're allergic to peanuts. It's crucial information. Basically, it's the problem that Dillon was telling Amber about. The fact that he described Gary enough for Amber to recognise him, but didn't mention this, is either deeply weird or a sign of Dillon's deep state of denial at that time.

(Which Dillon shows he's fully recovered from as of today. Round of applause for Dillon.)
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Dill told Amby that "I adore Gary" without telling her "he is straight, no hope for me, BTW, he adores you like I adore him"

Amby "connected the dots" when Gary came to continue the kiss lessons(and Amby knowing that the SGR was a good dining the Y tool thanks to Dill) and taught him it was a get the Y tool

Dill continued being "ambiguous" when She and him were talking to Gary

if I was a stranger hearing all that without the advantage of reading Ma3 thus knowing the true facts.......I would be likely to consider that there was something between Gary and dill

is great that we get Dill admitting there is no hope for Dill/Gary ship (unless Dill decides to be like Senna), he is maturing

and Ray does not see himself as "bi" at this moment but he might eventually discover he likes being bi

and the Yaoi might be right now ruby's first and only outlet

I think there is a chance that before coming to her sis' pad, she was "book educated" about sex but never read playgirl, romance novelas, saw HBO or anything like that, and never heard the dyvinils song, so she had not even touched herself until she read for the first time Yaoi

she really needs someone to wake her up about guy/girl pleasures but not too fast(no SGR, whether from Gary or she asking Dill "what is SGR?" and than asking him to show her, I see her worse than Yuki when she found about SGR the first time)

BTW

mentioning you can't eat peanut butter sandwiches without outright saying I am allergic to it does not work, is easy to connect dots to fact we talking allergies

maybe "I don't like other people ordering for me in the restaurants" (as they might order something that has peanuts) without mentioning the allergy might lead to wrong conclusions by the listener
ImageImage

The Omnipotent One
Location: Sealed within a lost prison somewhere forgotten in the Cosmos

Post by The Omnipotent One »

Ruby seems to be lost in her own little world
We sealed him not out of fear of what he was, but out of fear of what he could do. So much power and knowledge at his disposal...he could destroy all of existence and remake it instantaneously

With his soul and energy torn from his flesh, it took little effort to contain him. We made his prison on to a burning planet, an world unfit for life. Even when the seals are unlocked, no vessel will be there for him to take

A rift in the Cosmos mark his return
Upon his resurrection the Universe will burn

— excerpts from the Scrolls of Ancients' Time

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

When Dillon seems to be the most grounded person in a strip, you know everything 's NOT RIGHT !!!

=)) =)) =))

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Spidrift wrote:
FlashD81 wrote:I agree with Spid, Ruby needs to get laid. At the very least she needs to "self medicate" to release her of the problems her libido is causing.
I'm now imagining a few strips in which Amber and Dillon are obliged to share his bed for one night while multiple Ruby-orgasmic cries come from the other room ... and Ruby emerges looking embarrassed but alone in the morning, asking where she can buy some more batteries.
Shouldn't she try errr... manually before ? I dunno, between hand, man and sextoy, the more risqué one to me seems to be the sextoy. Teens experiment with hands and... other objects before going to sextoys I guess. And remember how she threw the love egg and wanted to wash her hands afterwards ? Granted, she may had reacted differently if it had been in her "honey pot".
It's hard to imagine she never masturbated before, if simply from curiosity or accidentally, but it seems to be the case given how repressed she is. And there are adult women who are perfectly sexually active and not repressed who yet never masturbate (saw a Frenchwoman made documentary about it once, I was surprised). So Ruby may be that ignorant about self-pleasure. Makes me sad somehow.

brasca

Post by brasca »

We know she's goal driven so I imagine that she buried herself in books and studies so much that she never gave self-pleasure any thought. We don't know too much of her history, but if she was a late bloomer and living in a dorm where privacy was limited that would contribute to her ignorance.

Personally I think she needs to take care of business rather than find a man. I find that notion rather sexist.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

don't remember seeing it but someone mentioned that Ruby "discovered" Amber's career when her schoolmates made fun of that, thus Ruby did not really watch those films, and depending on what was her age

I can easily see her hangup not driven so much by her parents but her desire to go away from her sister lifestyle went overboard, so she avoided being sexual completely, even to herself

explaining why she even avoided romance novels thus making reading Yaoi her first "sexual experience"
ImageImage