06-03-15 Did not mean to hurt me

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 06-03-15 Did not mean to hurt me

Post by Spidrift »

That would be a least-worst answer, but it's still not great. For one thing, it confirms to Ruby that, on her terms, these are two sick, screwed up, sex mad people, confirming her prejudice against Amber and setting back her friendship with Dillon. And more specifically, Ruby needs fairly simple, clear categories while she gets her head around other people's unfamiliar lifestyles. Dillon being 100% straightforwardly gay has been a help for her, because it makes him totally non-threatening; she can even share a bed with him, and her subconscious can throw up a few sexual fantasies involving him, because there's no danger at all of anything actually happening. Now she's got deal with the idea that Dillon might conceivably do something sexual with a woman. However much he says he didn't like it, that's bad for her trust.

And anyway, as you say, Dillon is a ditzy blabbermouth and Amber is currently being an unthinking drama queen. The chance of them explaining anything calmly, clearly, and with regard for Ruby's feelings is zero.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:I'm basing my thoughts on what I've seen transpire in both comics. Projection has nothing to do with it.

Indeed, the only facts that we can go by is what is seen and mentioned on panel.

I'm a little disappointed in Dillon though, i thought He finally accepted that Gary will never love him in the way he wants him to love him.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

that is one thing I am apprehensive about Dillon

he has not let go of Gary yet he went full tilt with Jerzy(in my book, even if Gary was interested in Dillon, Dill lost any ownership of him with going for Jerzy)
he can't be clear of the reality of Gary when talking to others, he either lies about it or keeps quiet so others would make "the assumption he wants them to make"
has allowed intentionally for Amber to think Gary is Bi and I think Ruby was kind of unintentional (photo, when "Rudy" was in men's room)

Dillon likes to play around but hates his playmates doing the same
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:I'm a little disappointed in Dillon though, i thought He finally accepted that Gary will never love him in the way he wants him to love him.
To be fair to Dillon, he hasn't implied that he has actual hopes of getting into Gary's pants himself lately. That doesn't mean he has to like this revelation. If you have strong feelings for someone, it's one thing to accept, intellectually, that you don't have a chance, not gonna happen; it's another thing to have to imagine your friend and roommate with that person's face buried in her groin. He said something similar last night about Amber and Ray; he wishes them well but it still stings a bit. Being stung twice within twelve hours is going to be more than doubly harsh.

Of course, it's still then impolite to make a big production number about how much you're hurting, if you can help it - as Dillon seems to recognise. He does seem to be doing his best not to throw a tantrum at Amber. Likewise, she can feel that she's not doing anything wrong by goinking Gary, and still respect Dillon's feelings by not, you know, mentioning the fact to him. However, she's evidently feeling guilty about having gone off, for this of all reasons, when Dillon was hurting - and her own drama queen tendencies have now kicked in.

(So I also wonder if Dillon will try to reassure her and letting slip the Rudy secret as a result.)
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

spid won't read this(in his ignore list), but wonder what is his view about fact that Dillon has not made any effort to let Amber know that Gary is not Bisexual? right now as I said before, both Amber and Ruby swear that Gary is bi. and as far AS THEY KNOW, Gary and Dill have an off and on thing (unlike Ray, that they see as Heterosexual)
ImageImage

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I don't think Amber really needs Dillon to confirm or deny Gary's actual sexual orientation when she thinks Gary is bi, herself.

But no, I doubt Amber would be too impressed to learn that Gary has been straight all along and that Dillon misinformed her about his true sexual orientation.

Though, in the same breath, I don't think Dillon would be impressed with Amber if he learned the details behind that first swirly encounter Amber had with Gary (pretending to be him and tricking his love interest into giving her head...pretty vile thing to do, no matter how it turned out, in the end).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

To be honest, I don't think anyone worries too much about anyone else's sexual orientation in this comics universe, unless it actually gets in the way of something they want, or protects them from something they don't want -- and that only works with the minority of characters who are at one end of the Kinsey scale or the other. Not only are most of the characters at least a little bit bi, but most of the other characters know that, and so wouldn't think that much is out of the question. The subject is only likely to even get mentioned if it's directly relevant to the current subject of conversation, and would then likely be treated as about as important as having got somebody's name wrong.

(Actually, thinking about it, I reckon that Amber may well have picked up the truth about Gary's orientation by now. Zii dropped some pretty large hints the day she first met Gary, after all, and she's seen and heard a fair bit about him since. At no stage has she suggested to Dillon that he should just go out and ask Gary for sex, whereas she cheerfully suggested that Zii should do so; nor has she ever asked why Dillon didn't just do so - or if she did so off-screen, he'll presumably have admitted that Gary was straight. And once she did learn the truth - so what? All it means is that Dillon was optimistic and deluded. She knows that Dillon is like that. She's not Ruby, who gets exasperated by Dillon's stupidities; she just thinks that he's cute.)

As to Dillon's view of Amber's first meeting with Gary... Well, no, I don't think he'd approve, especially as it was Gary. But Dillon's a laid-back guy when it comes to sex, so long as it doesn't involve anyone betraying him or him feeling guilty, and he tends to judge by results. He'd probably tut-tut, but once he heard that Gary was actually cool with the incident, I doubt that he'd worry about it much. I get that the scene went way over the line for a lot of readers, for good reason, but frankly, in-setting, everyone seems to be prepared to treat it as the joke which was intended by the script. Nor does it seem a lot worse than seducing people away from their normal orientation (and their girlfriends) with an irresistible kiss, and Dillon used to be proud of doing that, accidentally but repeatedly.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

"the sexual orientation" is not important in itself(unless it goes into the closed ground, like Dillon would not consider being with a woman, but he would want Ruby IF she was a guy, but that is another manner)

but Amber would be mad not about Gary's orientation, but about Dillon's block of allowing Amber to be with Gary by pretending Gary was possible for him even if part of his reason to block it was to allow Gary to be with Yuki(at that time of the Amberr trying to block Dill in his room)............

but Amber has also been hiding facts................ I think Dillon does not know yet of the first SGR of Gary as he thinks Amber found out about it when she manipulated him into saying that Gary also knew SGR(she already knew) and giving her the unintentional permission to go to Gary instead of demanding him to do it to her(plus she lied about Gary's skills, saying Gary and Dillon were equal instead of saying he is better than both Dillon and Zii)

right now in Amber's mind... Gary is Bi and he has an on and off thing with Dillon (is actually Matt that goes into that ground), but to be fair, Gary never cleared to Amber that he is straight(but he thinks right now that Amber likes MFM the same way Zii does) and I think she is sure that Gary has never been with a woman until recently(true) but from high school until recently has homosexual experience(not true, only "self experience" ), but thanks to herself and Chanelle, there is a chance that she ends up blocking herself from an unattached man that thinks the world of her, because by the time she founds that out and gets to him with the frame of mind that he can be her boyfriend and eventually companion.............. he would be going out with his new co-worker Tracy

and as I said.............. Dillon likes to "play around" but hates when his playmates (actual ones) play around or when people destroy his fantasies (he probably loves having people think that there is a chance for him and Gary, including himself)

Gary for the most part tried to be honest but that went out of the way since he now got into dishonest ground by pretending to Yvan that he has experience getting girls(we shall see if that gets him into becoming intentional liar just to get into a girl's box from now on)
ImageImage

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Dillon never actually told her Gary was bi though. Amber jumped to that conclusion herself.

All Dillon said was that he had a crush on Gary.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That we know of; we didn't actually see the conversation. But I agree that's most likely all he said. It's all he told Ruby, too, which we did see.

I imagine that Dillon doesn't want to think of himself as a liar, so he won't tell a flat-out untruth like saying that Gary is bi. But he's a self-deluding flake-optimist, who'd like to think that he can turn straight guys (sorry, "help them discover their true natures"), so he won't say flat out that his crushes are straight because, well, they might change their minds, and he's got to allow himself some hope. I'm pretty sure that Amber has realised the truth about Gary by now, but she won't hurt Dillon's feelings by calling him a liar to his face when it doesn't serve any purpose. If Ruby finds out the same, she'll presumably roll her eyes and tell Dillon that he's an idiot.

Whether Dillon turning over a new leaf will lead to him being more honest, with himself and others, about straight guys like Gary, remains to be seen. He really is trying, as we saw with Ray. The first time we see him saying flat out "Gary is straight", to anyone, we'll know he's getting somewhere.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Cortez wrote:Dillon never actually told her Gary was bi though. Amber jumped to that conclusion herself.

All Dillon said was that he had a crush on Gary.
did not say that.................. but never denied it, so essentially allowing it to be implied
ImageImage

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But did Dillon know that Amber assumed that Gary was gay/seeing Dillon? He obviously gushed about Gary to her ; but unless he actually told her/hinted that Gary had a thing for him in return, it's not his fault that Amber immediately jumped to conclusions based on Dillon's lovestruck ramblings.

All she really knew was that Dillon had a thing for Gary; and that's about all we know about that.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True. Of course, in that case, the fact that Dillon was apparently able to tell his best friend about his feelings for Gary, making it clear in the process that this was very serious on his part, and yet never mention the fact that Gary wasn't gay, says a lot about Dillon-as-was. It isn't just whether he said Gary had a thing for him; he was by definition telling her all about a non-relationship, and if I was talking to a friend about a relationship that wasn't developing, and thus complaining a bit, one thing I'd mention very soon was if the object of my affections wasn't interested in my entire gender.

It's kind of an obvious basis for self-pity - and Dillon is great at feeling sorry for himself. And for her part, Amber may have jumped to conclusions a bit, but she's not totally stupid; if Dillon had hinted the truth about Gary, she'd likely have picked up on it.

This says to me that Dillon was being a bit self-deluding. Like I said, if in future he talks about his problems without leaving out such important details, we'll know that he's getting back in touch with reality.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Fluffy wrote:But did Dillon know that Amber assumed that Gary was gay/seeing Dillon? He obviously gushed about Gary to her ; but unless he actually told her/hinted that Gary had a thing for him in return, it's not his fault that Amber immediately jumped to conclusions based on Dillon's lovestruck ramblings.

All she really knew was that Dillon had a thing for Gary; and that's about all we know about that.
there is also the fact that dill "thought" about putting together Amber and Gary
BUT

at the end he never told Amber about Gary's feelings for her and never told Gary of how he got the "nice poster" of Amber to replace the "naughty poster" and they only met when Gary went to meet Dillon and continue the kissing classes and thought Amber was Dillon in Drag, and Amber because of what Dillon said of Gary and what Gary said thinking she was Dillon, her natural conclusion with what she "heard" was that Gary and Dillon were together and he knew SGR and decided to take advantage of it to get it again
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

It's pretty scary when Dillon is the Only Sane Man in the room.

Ruby is pissing me off more and more. X( LEAVE AMBER ALONE!!! :(( :(( :((
wiseguy wrote:only 2 girls had coitus with Gary(Kiley and Sonya) with a "maybe"(not confirmed but seems highly probable) with Senna,
Ma3 #780 doesn't just look like a "maybe" to me...
wiseguy wrote:and no indication that ANYONE had licked the star power ever
Wrong. I refer to Ma3 #671, though I won't link it due to it being NSFW.

Oh, and Amber was more than just teasing in #666, as well. Virtual Boy Real and all that.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)