Re: 03-03-15 Is saying that too quick

Post by FlashD81 »

That last panel :)) =))
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

brasca

Post by brasca »

At least it's a grounding. Dillon doled out corporal punishment last time, but I suspect this is going to escalate Friday so who knows.

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

Amber is cock-blocking Dillon. Or is it pussy-blocking? Is it the blocker's parts doing the blocking or the blockee's parts being blocked?

Well, I'm going to assume the latter because then I can say that she's also eye-blocking Ruby.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

that is a quick way for Amber to find out that for Dillon, Ray is more than a mere friend

Does Ruby know yet that Gary is straight?
ImageImage

Motorcycle

Post by Motorcycle »

I should have known. Especially since they are in different strips. Just seemed Amber might be good for Gary. Yeah, she definitely wanted to ride the Swirly as much as she could, but she was always worried about if Gary got his fair share. Even when he was with someone else. That makes her one of the better girls Gary's been involved with. But looks like it's not gonna happen...

Don't mind me. Just gonna sit here with my ice cream...
It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying; sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.

The Omnipotent One
Location: Sealed within a lost prison somewhere forgotten in the Cosmos

Post by The Omnipotent One »

Knew she was gonna let it slip. Props to Ruby for taking control of the situation.
We sealed him not out of fear of what he was, but out of fear of what he could do. So much power and knowledge at his disposal...he could destroy all of existence and remake it instantaneously

With his soul and energy torn from his flesh, it took little effort to contain him. We made his prison on to a burning planet, an world unfit for life. Even when the seals are unlocked, no vessel will be there for him to take

A rift in the Cosmos mark his return
Upon his resurrection the Universe will burn

— excerpts from the Scrolls of Ancients' Time

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, looks like every Ray has his Day! :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Since when Ruby allowed to act like a parent in this appartment ? 0_o

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

Motorcycle wrote:I should have known. Especially since they are in different strips. Just seemed Amber might be good for Gary. Yeah, she definitely wanted to ride the Swirly as much as she could, but she was always worried about if Gary got his fair share. Even when he was with someone else. That makes her one of the better girls Gary's been involved with. But looks like it's not gonna happen...

Don't mind me. Just gonna sit here with my ice cream...
She was worried if Gary got his fair share, but ended up doing roughly the exact same thing Yuki did.
Plus, right now, she's not even considering how Gary himself feels.
All that matters is :
- Potential boyfriend.
- Dillon never tried to twat-block her from this potential boyfriend, so Dillon will be happier with her having fun with this potential boyfriend. Whom she knows NOTHING about other than :
- Actor
- Is into her.

Long story short... Amber's not being very bright nor even a very good person here.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

Good for you, Ruby. Don't put up with that shit.
ThePonyGuy wrote:Amber is cock-blocking Dillon. Or is it pussy-blocking? Is it the blocker's parts doing the blocking or the blockee's parts being blocked?

Well, I'm going to assume the latter because then I can say that she's also eye-blocking Ruby.
No, you got it mixed up. When you cockblock someone, you are "blocking the cock"- from entering the vagina. The inimateable Dane Cooke made an alternate version for the ladies doing it to each other; "Twat Swat".

Double post merged. The DAMNed
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, I kind of called this. It wasn't exactly hard to predict, though. And I think we can now expect this to escalate (or deteriorate) quite quickly.
Motorcycle wrote:Just seemed Amber might be good for Gary.
Nah. Better than some, obviously, but basically almost as clueless about human relations as he is, and specifically looking for a guy who is several things (i.e. hunky and macho) that Gary isn't.
Bambikles wrote:Since when Ruby allowed to act like a parent in this appartment ?
Personally, I love the way that Ruby goes into parental mode in the last panel. 21 going on 51, that girl. I imagine that she feels at heart that Amber was never subject to proper parenting, so (sigh) she's got to take the job now.

However, and unfortunately, she's expressing this in terms of Amber's treatment of Dillon, which is a good excuse but may mean that she and Amber never do actually address the real problems between them at this point.
Maechris wrote:Dillon never tried to twat-block her from this potential boyfriend, so Dillon will be happier with her having fun with this potential boyfriend.
Actually, we never do find out here why Amber felt guilty about having boinked Gary. It may have been because Gary seemed to have other prospects and pursuers when last heard of, not least Amber's old schoolfriend.
Maechris wrote:Long story short... Amber's not being very bright nor even a very good person here.
She's certainly confused and missing a few cues, as usual. But actually, we're getting a little touch of Amber's sense of vulnerability in panel 2. She seems to be saying that she's never actually had a boyfriend before. (As opposed, obviously, to literally industrial quantities of casual and professional sex.) Which leaves her almost as clueless about the etiquette as Ruby.

I'm not saying that Ruby will exactly be offering her very good advice next strip, but there'll surely be some interesting demonstrations of the blind leading the blind.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

I love that Amber and Ruby have about the same actual experience with relationships, just coming from different ends of the sexual history spectrum. Maybe they can find some common ground in their inexperience.

After the instant scene plays out, it's time to see more of Andy and Jerzy (he lives right across the hall for goodness sake) and mix this crock pot of awkwardness up even more.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Good to see that someone is at least trying to move on from a relationship that won't work.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

christopheftw wrote:I love that Amber and Ruby have about the same actual experience with relationships, just coming from different ends of the sexual history spectrum. Maybe they can find some common ground in their inexperience.

After the instant scene plays out, it's time to see more of Andy and Jerzy (he lives right across the hall for goodness sake) and mix this crock pot of awkwardness up even more.
I want Felicia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
ImageImage