03-03-15 Is saying that too quick

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

daibhi

Re: 03-03-15 Is saying that too quick

Post by daibhi »

Please try to pair up Dillon back with his delicious neighbour across the hall. Miss that pairing.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

mua ha ha ha ha

suffer, shippers! your pain amuses me, and your tears make me stronger
Yet still, I live...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

That's it, Ruby. Lay down the Law. :p
sdb20150303b.png
sdb20150303b.png (77.7 KiB) Viewed 7393 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

so far Dill and Ruby have laid down the apartment law

has Amber done that yet, too? right now can't remember if she had
ImageImage

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Awww...guess this means no Amber and Gary :(

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Am I the only person who's reading this as a comic in its own right, and not just "Where we park Gary's spare potential bedmate"?

I like it as a comic in its own right. And the fact that's what it is was one reson why the Gary/Amber thing was pretty obviously non-viable.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

silly spidrift, don't you realize that as the audience identification character the entire ma3-universe revolves around gary, and thus every single character must serve his arc?

after all, why would anyone care about a character that isn't themself?
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

daibhi wrote:Please try to pair up Dillon back with his delicious neighbour across the hall. Miss that pairing.
Yes, let's forget all that annoying plot stuff that happened and plug the pretty egomaniac stalker-enabler back into the pretty egomaniac drama queen.
'J' wrote:after all, why would anyone care about a character that isn't themself?
Hey, that's far too simplistic. Someone can also care about a character who resembles the person they've lived with for the past few decades.

Actually, I even care about Sonya, a bit, and I don't think I've ever met anyone much like her.

(But yes, I get what you're saying. Heck, I can even identify with Gary a little bit myself. But God, he's such a useless whiny little dork! I sometimes wonder if the writers are experimenting on the readers, seeing just how hopeless they can make Gary and still get mass audience identification.)
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Sighs....of course the authors keep piling up set ups for Amber and Gary to never be together steadily

Oh well

Alexei P

Post by Alexei P »

Spidrift wrote:Am I the only person who's reading this as a comic in its own right, and not just "Where we park Gary's spare potential bedmate"?
Speaking as a SDB reader who isn't a Ma3 reader: you are not. :-H

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Heh, glad to hear it. Not that I don't think that Ma3 deserves readers, but it's nice to know that SDB is getting some recognition in its own right. I wonder how many others there are...
---------
Spidrift

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Am I the only one who took Amber's expressed guilt about Gary as alluding to how she tricked him for a swirly on their first meeting? Although, now that I think of it, she may be referring to Dillon's feelings for Gary...
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:Am I the only person who's reading this as a comic in its own right, and not just "Where we park Gary's spare potential bedmate"?

I like it as a comic in its own right. And the fact that's what it is was one reson why the Gary/Amber thing was pretty obviously non-viable.
Well, it could be, because there's nothing to stop Amber from leaving SDB and becoming a permanent part of MA3. :p

And what makes it automatically just bedmate and not happy couple?

Also, reading the comic in it's own right. Did we not think Amber would be made to feel bad about doing what she did, when neither one of them stepped up to stop her before she did it, right in front of their eyes? The fault of this isn't on Amber, it's on Dillion.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Schmorgluck wrote:Am I the only one who took Amber's expressed guilt about Gary as alluding to how she tricked him for a swirly on their first meeting? Although, now that I think of it, she may be referring to Dillon's feelings for Gary...
The first meeting is water under the bridge now, and Gary never showed any resentment over it; I doubt that's much of a worry to Amber at this point.

Frankly, I'm not sure exactly what Amber is feeling guilty about, though there are several possibilities. She knows that Zii has a possible interest in Gary, and for that matter, she may have some idea that DiDi does too - and she's never had it confirmed that he's not trying to make a go of things with Yuki. And yes, there's Dillon's obsession. So she could just generally feel that charging into the middle of his private life is asking for trouble.
JoybuzzerX wrote:Well, it could be, because there's nothing to stop Amber from leaving SDB and becoming a permanent part of MA3.
Don't be silly. Blood, friendship, a lease, and her career. Four things.
And what makes it automatically just bedmate and not happy couple?
The fact that Amber's whole central character issue is her difficulty forming conventional relationships? Try actually reading SDB, for Pete's sake. And Gary is the worst possible person to help her with that, even leaving aside the "wrong comic" problem.
Last edited by Spidrift on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

he won't see this reply, but Amber felt guilty "twice"

the first guilt is simply fact that she was the receiver of benefits, but never gave something to Gary

and than second guilt was fact that she did not tell Dillon that she spent "all night" with Gary (but she got permission to be with Gary one or 2 hours), I am sure first, that Dillon would have "allowed it" if Amber had asked if it was okay to spent a night with Gary, just like he allowed Amber and Ray, and I am almost sure second, that Amber STILL thinks Gary is bisexual and has been with Dillon, and she thought(at least until Ruby revealed Amber was wrong) that Dillon had no romantic feelings for Ray
ImageImage