17-02-15 Truly important

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 17-02-15 Truly important

Post by Spidrift »

I don't see her turning into a "female Gary"; she's starting from a completely different place. Whatever happens to her, romantically, I think that she'll make at least a good attempt to exercise control over it, unlike Gary. She'll doubtless be happier if she doesn't feel desperate or stupid, but that doesn't mean that she shouldn't actively seek a relationship; on the contrary, and completely unlike Gary, she could seek to start one in a careful, thoughtful way. Well, reasonably careful and thoughtful, anyway; this is a comedy.

(And unlike Gary, I think she'll probably initiate the sex her first time, whether it's slowly and carefully or hastily and clumsily.)

But the fact is, she clearly does need the release, whatever she says she wants - and enough of it to stop her being distracted by every attractive guy she sees. Hypothetically, she could find a ... mechanical solution to the problem, but for one thing, that would be insufficiently funny in the long term, and for another, it doesn't solve all her problems; she really needs more friends, and while Dillon is doing better on that score these days, he's a bit ditzy, and anyway there's only the one of him. Ruby needs a lover in the best sense - someone she can enjoy getting physical with and talk plans for her life with.

So I wouldn't want her to end up like Gary, in a series of idiotic relationships, and I'm sure that she wouldn't either; that would make her as bad as Amber in her own eyes, after all. And if she can get herself one relationship, and make it work passably, she'll have accomplished what Amber claims she wants to achieve, possibly even before Amber does - which Ruby could probably be persuaded to count as a bonus.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Doesn't Ray look cool and charismatic in this strip ? B-)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20150217.png
sdb20150217.png (103.61 KiB) Viewed 4687 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Heh, Dillon may be gay, but he is still a very handsome man (pretty? cute? i forget which he prefers). id probably try to use him as model practice and draw his abs or something ahahaha

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He also gratuitously unbuttons his pyjama jacket overnight. One wonders if he's actually consciously showing off to Ruby.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

he is usually naked, so I think is more about him "getting comfortable" temperature wise
ImageImage