06-02-15 You can really feel the attraction

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

The Omnipotent One
Location: Sealed within a lost prison somewhere forgotten in the Cosmos

Re: 06-02-15 You can really feel the attraction

Post by The Omnipotent One »

I just love it when people are caught off guard; makes everything seem somewhat believable

Also, did Amber not just have "the company of a man" when she was with Gary? Or is she truly that needy?
We sealed him not out of fear of what he was, but out of fear of what he could do. So much power and knowledge at his disposal...he could destroy all of existence and remake it instantaneously

With his soul and energy torn from his flesh, it took little effort to contain him. We made his prison on to a burning planet, an world unfit for life. Even when the seals are unlocked, no vessel will be there for him to take

A rift in the Cosmos mark his return
Upon his resurrection the Universe will burn

— excerpts from the Scrolls of Ancients' Time

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

and so

the "not so innocent" was snared into admitting the truth

NICE
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The Omnipotent One wrote:Also, did Amber not just have "the company of a man" when she was with Gary? Or is she truly that needy?
She'd probably say enthusiastic, though other people might suspect needy. And I suspect that she can never resist a guy who's really gagging for it, which Ray was. Anyway, (a) she didn't get penetrative sex with Gary, and (b) she has implied that she was after a hunky, macho guy, and however much fun she had with the Swirly, she may have been subconsciously missing that with Gary.

It's possible that she'll let slip about Gary to Dillon and Ruby, though. At which point, Dillon is likely to be upset despite himself, while Ruby will be newly shocked and may use a few words that would get her banned from these boards. Ruby probably already regards Amber as greedy; this would mark her down as greedy even on her own sort of terms.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

*breaks into "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"*...
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

The Omnipotent One
Location: Sealed within a lost prison somewhere forgotten in the Cosmos

Post by The Omnipotent One »

Spidrift wrote:It's possible that she'll let slip about Gary to Dillon and Ruby, though. At which point, Dillon is likely to be upset despite himself, while Ruby will be newly shocked and may use a few words that would get her banned from these boards. Ruby probably already regards Amber as greedy; this would mark her down as greedy even on her own sort of terms.
She most likely will let her night with Gary slip as well as the other 'guests' who came in one by one. I have no doubt that Dillon will not just be upset but he might actually raise his voice, and if I'm not mistaken that's rare for him. He...adores Gary and if this was his reaction to Amber banging his first crush, I can't imagine what his reaction will be when he learns of Amber and Gary.
We sealed him not out of fear of what he was, but out of fear of what he could do. So much power and knowledge at his disposal...he could destroy all of existence and remake it instantaneously

With his soul and energy torn from his flesh, it took little effort to contain him. We made his prison on to a burning planet, an world unfit for life. Even when the seals are unlocked, no vessel will be there for him to take

A rift in the Cosmos mark his return
Upon his resurrection the Universe will burn

— excerpts from the Scrolls of Ancients' Time

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

On the other hand, he's been getting the Gary fixation under control lately, and he did tell Amber plainly that he wouldn't get between them. Sure, Amber wasn't convinced - but his attempts at self-control (under Ruby's influence) do look fairly serious. I think that he might bite back on any comment, though with a tear in the corner of his eye.

Ruby, on the other hand, is fully aware of Dillon's crush on Gary, and frankly, she doesn't like Amber much. Now, she doesn't actually disapprove of other people having sex, if they insist on doing so; she's been encouraging Dillon to get his love life sorted out, not to give up altogether. However, she has no respect for Amber's approach to the subject, to put it politely, she's just seen Amber mess up her own yaoi fantasy, and she may even like Dillon enough now to dislike seeing him upset, in her own way. And having sex with one guy may be understandable weakness, but two within twenty-four hours? She's likely to call that typical of Amber. So I'm afraid that she might well jump in, call Amber some names, and try to stir up trouble between the other two.

Which would just hurt and confuse Amber (again); Dillon's reaction would be more interesting, depending how much he's worked out about Ruby's psychology and how bad he's actually hurting himself.

But this is hurtling into the realms of fanfic, I'm afraid.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

tityanya

Post by tityanya »

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

vampire hunter D wrote:So, does this remove Amber from the Gary pursuit club?

Because that frees him up to pursue Tracey and/or WannaZii now....
Not really, just because they hooked up doesn't mean they are going to start dating.

Mistress Dizzy

Post by Mistress Dizzy »

*raises eyebrows*

Huh.

Well played, Dillon. (Now there's a sentence I never thought would come from me.)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL DILLON???*

As 'J' has marveled... I can actually like this guy!

If I were editing this, I'd make one small change. Have Dillon not mention the two names there at the end. All the more reveal that Ruby is, erm, intimately familiar with the story. "Sorta like the two leads in..."

* Real-Dill has probably been abducted by Naomi's aliens and is being anal-probed as we speak. And loving it.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL DILLON???
He's acquired a superego, that's all. Of course, it's an externally mounted field-expedient post-sales upgrade, but so far, it seems to be holding up.
---------
Spidrift

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Give up, Ruby! You're an open book!

An open Yaoi book! :p

Absinthe Green

Post by Absinthe Green »

Thinking out loud and landing in solid Oaf territory, but making a reasonable guess that Ms. R. LaRose is pre-orgasmic.
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Heh, it's just struck me; these three people are an anti-Freudian trio, all missing one part of a well-adjusted personality. Dillon was short of a superego, and acted purely on instinct and desire; Ruby hasn't got her id working properly yet; and Amber needs to sort out her ego, and learn how to behave like an ordinary human being.
---------
Spidrift

CFT

Post by CFT »

...and with their powers combined they form Captain Perfect! **==
(and also captain boring, because they would no longer be hilariously dysfunctional for our enjoyment ;) )
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED