06-02-15 You can really feel the attraction

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Sinocelt

Re: 06-02-15 You can really feel the attraction

Post by Sinocelt »

Dear Ruby,

You've just been outwitted by DILLON.

Think about it again and let it break your brain.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

I think that was her brain breaking. At the very least she is stunned into disbelief.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Looks to me like a simple "oh crap" moment.

Anyway, we know that Ruby is a lousy liar, so she may well be very used to finding that she's blabbed too much. And she's certainly already convinced herself that Dillon is a master interrogator, because of her past blabbing. The fact that Dillon did show a little skill here may be new to the readers, but shouldn't be a shock for Ruby; she can say it's Dillon interrogating her again. Annoying, but not unprecedented.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

Congratulations, Dillon. You're the first to corner her.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

PMental

Post by PMental »

Spidrift wrote:He's a sex toy who passes the Turing Test
That is both an apt and very amusing description :D

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

SilentChaos87 wrote:Congratulations, Dillon. You're the first to corner her.
Well, it isn't even the first time that Dillon has got her to blab an embarrassing truth; it's just the first time that he's deliberately made her do so. Which suggests to me that she's probably said too much to people on numerous occasions in the past. Why do you think she's become so asocial?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Hig Hirtenflurst

Post by Hig Hirtenflurst »

I think everyone's missing the big question here which is where did Ruby's pajamas come from? Her room is sort of currently... in use.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

right now we know she has a t-shirt, thus she might have borrowed one from Dill
ImageImage

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I wonder though, will we ever actually see Amber and Ruby get into an argument over Ruby's issues with her sister? It does seem like we are slowly building to that, but at the same time it doesn't seem like Amber has picked up on any of it.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, Amber has picked up on the fact that Ruby seems to be permanently angry, and twigged that it seems to be aimed at her. (A step up from just calling Ruby "uptight", which misses the focus of the matter.) She even started to try to ask what the problem was, but then things got sidetracked.

But yes, the point is that they have to sort this out. Ruby certainly does, in that the permanent state of anger can't be good for her, and not having Ruby permanently angry would make life more pleasant for Amber. But Amber could use to learn what the cause if the problem is herself, because it relates to her own bigger problem of not understanding how she's seen by other people.

So while Ruby might in theory sort her head out purely by talking things through with Dillon, that wouldn't be a great solution because (a) it reduces Amber to the status of a passive pudding who needs her magic gay friend to solve her problems for her, and (b) it takes her no closer to tackling her own issues. So yes, odds are that Ruby and Amber will have a confrontation of some sort some time.

This could be triggered by Amber making another effort to talk to Ruby, but she's not great at that, so quite likely we'll see Ruby explode at Amber over something. It wouldn't take much; Amber doesn't do much that doesn't annoy Ruby, after all. Or Dillon could try to intercede between them, but let's not overestimate Dillon's diplomatic skills. For a better middle path, with more chance that they'll hold a constructive conversation, Amber may say something objectively dim, like "Why don't men ever call me back?", and trigger Ruby's semi-latent snarkiness. Ruby could end up accidentally giving Amber some good advice while getting things off her chest.

It worked with Dillon, after all; Ruby may end up making a habit of providing these idiots with statements of the usefully bleedin' obvious. She'd probably be less gentle with Amber than she was with Dillon, though.
---------
Spidrift