03-02-15 Truly believable

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

christopheftw

Re: 03-02-15 Truly believable

Post by christopheftw »

I bet Ruby would be super-steamed if the door opens and a hand pulls Dillon in too.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

crimzontearz wrote:
Cortez wrote:
It seems like you were when you were complaining about her hooking up with Ray, even though, as has been said, Gary and Amber aren't a couple.

If you weren't identifying her as "the culprit", why are you saying she's hooking up with Ray to hurt Gary's feelings?

And the groupie isn't the only person Gary has flirted with recently.
read my post Cortez

I am annoyed the authors are setting up Amber and Gary for a possible distancing (after making it look like Amber cared about him enough to be truly an item with him) by having her randomly hook up with a stranger and setting Zii up to "strangely having feelings for him all of a sudden"

I never said "gee Amber is such a bad person"
But they aren't an item, so hooking up with Ray isn't a problem.

Amber does care for Gary, but they aren't an item yet. It will probably be awhile till Gary has another girlfriend and then we also have Tracy as a possible new love interest as well.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

right they are definitely NOT an item now because she is off banging a stranger for no apparent reason but face-heel turn to set up Gary with someone else. So see I am not blaming Amber but....those like me who were shipping them are left seeing the authors just sink the ship by making her hook up with a total stranger because, hey, something going 100% right for Gary with someone who SEEMED like she was actually considering a relationship with him? God forbid. You can see why we would be kinda miffed.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Nope. Can't.

The way I read Amber, jumping in bed with Ray has zero influence on her relationship (in a broader sense of the word) with/to Gary. Unless - but I highly doubt this - Amber becomes a lot more interested in Ray after this fling.

Amber is, after all, capable of utterly separating sex from any wish for a deeper relationship. So she may still wish to pursue Gary further, but if she can get nookie on the side while doing so, then why not? (She thinks.)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Right. Dead on. And that's her problem, of course, because other people don't think quite like that.

The Amber-Gary ship is pretty much doomed, I'm afraid, but that's because (a) Gary is nothing like what Amber is looking for in a boyfriend, beyond being vaguely nice and having one good sexual trick, and (b) Amber is vaguely supposed to be an SDB character, even if she does keep getting shuffled off to the side, whereas Gary is an Ma3 character - and coordinating story dates and times is a pain in the butt. Gary's possible deeper relationship with Zii is incidental to all that.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Don Alexander wrote:Nope. Can't.

The way I read Amber, jumping in bed with Ray has zero influence on her relationship (in a broader sense of the word) with/to Gary. Unless - but I highly doubt this - Amber becomes a lot more interested in Ray after this fling.

Amber is, after all, capable of utterly separating sex from any wish for a deeper relationship. So she may still wish to pursue Gary further, but if she can get nookie on the side while doing so, then why not? (She thinks.)
Yes, but GARY is not. I am not 100% sure about what he would think about being with Amber while she sleeps around

And yes I can see Amber and Ray hitting it off