Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 30-01-15 Your superior talent

Post by Spidrift »

"Show off the hug for the camera!"
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

I don't know how to feel about this one. I have been thinking about this (on and off) all day.

Ruby is... good at hiding her true feelings. So, yea.

I don't know why but my brain is locked on this strip. :-??
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

if Ruby gets on again in the Rudy outfit, and borrows Sonya's strap-on

she is the perfect person for Dillon plus as an added bonus, if they have mirrors in the room, Ruby can imagine she is seeing Dillon kiss the guy "Rudy" in the mirror
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

FlashD81 wrote:Ruby is... good at hiding her true feelings.
Not that good. Giz clearly puts too much effort into Ruby's facial expressions for that. (And today's are excellent.) And Amber has noticed Ruby's near-permanent state of anger.

But Ruby has had some practise at the repression, certainly. It's the way that it is beginning to crack that's putting her through so much personal turmoil. We do need to see if the next strip is about Dillon talking to Ruby about her emotional state, or Ruby taking pity on Dillon as the sight of Ray kissing a woman gets him down, or both, or what.

I have a nasty feeling that Ruby won't admit to her jealousy problem too soon, because Dillon could probably be some help with that, and it'd be too big a first step towards solving the problem - when Ruby's problems define her place in the strip. Still, it'd only be a first step, and getting Ruby to do anything that'd help her decompress safely would be a project in itself, so perhaps we will see something on Tuesday.

I also think that we're also supposed to feel sorry for Amber, who has to deal with Ruby's anger without knowing why it's there (as well as finding that even nice guys like Ray start staring down her cleavage as soon as they meet her). But she never made any effort to understand Ruby in the past (and she goes around flashing a lot of cleavage), so I find that my sympathy is real but finite.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

LOL! The tears forming in Dillon's eyes! :))