20-01-15 A few more guy kisses

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

JTheCreator

Re: 20-01-15 A few more guy kisses

Post by JTheCreator »

Spidrift wrote:
JTheCreator wrote:
Spidrift wrote:Also, her respect for Dillon's feelings for Gary was misguided, and she was able to assuage it by scaring Dillon half to death.
I don't remember this. Care to link it?
It never hurts to help. Not something I consider a terrible crime, especially as the victim was Dillon, but it does suggest that Amber's sense of morality is a little wonky.
I thought it was something super serious haha yeah I thought of this strip when you mentioned it; wouldn't say scared to death, but for a gay man, possibly.

Quote fixed. The DAMNed
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Really, the issue with that scene isn't so much that she scared Dillon - he's a big boy, he's seen worse - as that her solution to the problem of how to respect the wishes of a friend she supposedly cares about is to trick him and exploit his confusion. That suggests to me, like I said, a certain wonkiness in the morality.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

spid won't read this, but to me dillon's allowing Amber to get Gary was more of a resignation, that he prefers to allow her to be with Gary than to force him to have heterosexual sex, not of confusion
ImageImage

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:Really, the issue with that scene isn't so much that she scared Dillon - he's a big boy, he's seen worse - as that her solution to the problem of how to respect the wishes of a friend she supposedly cares about is to trick him and exploit his confusion. That suggests to me, like I said, a certain wonkiness in the morality.
I just saw that as more of a way for her to show Dillion that she likes Gary (or at least what he could do) and Gary has no interest in Dillion, which he already knew but wouldn't accept. So measures had to be taken to get him to relent.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That makes it sound like she was making him think. She wasn't; she was panicking him into agreeing to something without thinking.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

as I said, he didn't read my response(I am in ignore) Dill went into resignation and preferred to allow her to go to Gary for the SGR than to have himself having to do heterosexual sex to 2 girls

there is a huge difference between
"yes, whatever"
and
"Okay!!......wait........I did not..........." and Amber responds "thanks dill, you the best"
ImageImage