Site Admin

20-01-15 A few more guy kisses

Post by Giz »

Mordhaus

Re: 20-01-15 A few more guy kisses

Post by Mordhaus »

=))

yeah Amber, 20 min at least!
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I thought that would be Dillon's line! :p

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

knew it

either Amber or we got to finally meet the Sister of Jerzey
ImageImage

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Yup - knew Dillon would try to find an excuse to keep Ray's lips to himself (and insisting Ray's bi...good Lord, Dillon! Jumping the gun, much?)

Disappointed in Ruby, too - I know she's a Yaoi fan and this is a turn on for her; but pressuring a young man to continue kissing a gay man when he's clearly uncomfortable with the idea - just so she can get her rocks off - is just sad. The fact by doing so only enables Dillon's self serving behavior makes it all the more depressing.

Thank God for Amber! May she give Ray kissing lessons and crush both Dillon and Ruby's dreams.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

good grief

Amber is going to cheat on Gary

Gary shows up all angry and Ruby will think Gary is mad because he found out Dillon kissed Ray ( I am sure she still thinks Gary is a past love of Dillon) ;)
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, points to whoever it was predicted that Amber would show up. I got that wrong. Of course, what we missed was that this would lead to frustration for Ruby.

She may just be frustrated because this hot scene has been interrupted, but what's the betting that she's instantly worked out how the dialogue for the next ten minutes is likely to go, allowing her to be frustrated (and annoyed with Amber) in detail, in advance?
Fluffy wrote:Yup - knew Dillon would try to find an excuse to keep Ray's lips to himself ...
I'm no fan of Dillon, but to be fair to him, he does seem to have worked out that Ruby is repressed and naive, and now Ray is trying to use her to test his own heterosexuality, despite her evident discomfort. It may get him a few more Ray-kisses, but stopping Ray from pestering Ruby isn't just about Dillon's advantage.
Fluffy wrote:... (and insisting Ray's bi...good Lord, Dillon! Jumping the gun, much?)
The (very limited) evidence is that Ray has bisexual twinges, or is subconsciously a bit bi-curious. Saying that he's flat-out bi is a bit of an over-simplification, but it's not totally unjustifiable. And again, to be fair to Dillon, he could have told Ray that he was as gay as he feared, or encouraged him to explore his bisexual side with a bit more than some acting-lesson kisses. Dillon's conscience still seems to be working fairly well for now.
Fluffy wrote:Disappointed in Ruby, too - I know she's a Yaoi fan and this is a turn on for her; but pressuring a young man to continue kissing a gay man when he's clearly uncomfortable with the idea - just so she can get her rocks off - is just sad.
Well, yes - she is a bit of a sad character, albeit played for laughs. All that repression is clearly sitting on top of a passionate sexual nature, and now that side of her has been woken up, she's on the verge of boiling over. But the repression is still there, so she's found a relatively safe outlet in her yaoi fantasies. She's exactly like a thirteen-year-old with a slightly scary thing about a boy band. It's not Ruby at her best, but she'll need to get her head a bit straighter before she can get her moral compass working again and stop treating people as a means to an end.

Which raises the question of whether Dillon will remain too comedy-distracted to notice that Ruby is ogling him and other guys at every opportunity, on top of her reading of that yaoi manga. He might well be annoying about it, but she probably needs somebody to call her on the increasingly flagrant denial and point out that an adult woman like her can find saner outlets for her libido.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

=)) =)) =))
I think Ruby needs to go some place quiet and "release" her frustrations. It was funny seeing her reaction but girl is becoming a wreck.

Dillon might be confused about Ruby's goals but all that has happened should clue him in that she is frustrated might need to talk about it.

Amber coming home is no big shock. I'm just glad it was after Dillon let Ray know he was Gay. What she will do now ...damn lost that train of thought. need more ~O)
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that Ruby is too much of a comedy prude to have got the hang of masturbation yet. She probably does need the release, yes, but God knows how she can get there; she may be getting more relaxed about talking about personal stuff with Dillon, but there are some lines I can't see her crossing just yet - and if Amber should even mention the subject, Ruby will probably refuse to even think about it for a month. Ruby may have to get there, and probably to a shop selling an appropriate devices, entirely under her own power. Which she might just manage, if we get sight of determined-honest Ruby again.

Or perhaps in a little while she'll just sneak off somewhere to curl up with a yaoi manga, and hit climax without physical stimulation. I wouldn't put it past her.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure how well Dillon will recognise Ruby's problem. He does try to be nice to her, but he's not the subtlest thinker; having recognised that she's rather naive and innocent, he may be slow to get that she uncomfortably but inexorably transitioning out of that state.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Okay, points to whoever it was predicted that Amber would show up. I got that wrong. Of course, what we missed was that this would lead to frustration for Ruby.
I called it, however, I thought Amber's arrival would take Ruby off the hook for the kiss which means she is growing more careless about keeping her desires hid.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

Derfman wrote:Ruby gets roped into kissing Ray as a test of his Bi-ness and half an inch before the "consummation", in walks Amber and Ruby gets her to do it instead. Ruby gets to remain a "prude" temporarily and later hooks up with Zii to further her fall into fujoshi-ness. :ymdevil:

Edit: Totally forgot about the fictional boyfriend. Maybe still happens, but after a bit more persuasion.
Almost got it right. :D Actually, I'm going to stop trying to predict the plot and just enjoy the story. I'm sure it irritates the author when people get it right and give away the upcoming story. B-)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Fluffy wrote:Thank God for Amber! May she give Ray kissing lessons and crush both Dillon and Ruby's dreams.
Judging from the way Ray is perking up in the last panel, she'll also BE the crush of his dreams...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He noticed her, recognised her, and sounded quite enthusiastic when he saw her previously. Yes, I think that he's a bit of a fan. If this leads to him kissing her, I'm sure that he'll be quite happy - just leaving Amber to wonder why Ruby suddenly becomes even more snappish at her.

(Hey, Amber hasn't got a tag with this strip! Poor Amber!)

Odds of Amber goinking Ray at some stage: 70%, I'd estimate. Though she should be fairly replete just now, having bagged both Zii and Gary's swirly more than once in the last 24 hours or so. Other options: Andy wanders in at some point, is introduced, and wonders why Ray is looking at him like he's a ticking bomb.
---------
Spidrift

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

Ruby's saying exactly what I was thinking here...

Scram, Amber! We got hot man on man action to perv on over here!

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Meh. . .I'm less interested in guy/guy...but at least it beats the alternative to my mind ;)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"