Post by Shouri »

X3N0-Life-Form

Re: 16-01-15 Do not hesitate

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Aaand here it comes.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Just when she thought she was out. They pull her back in.

Considering her earlier jealous boyfriend excuse this might be Amber's cue to walk in and help Ray with his acting.

kouta

Post by kouta »

I wonder how long it will be before Ruby finally slips up enough for everyone to realize she's really into Yaoi.
I am a proper young lady who does not bite her father at the dinner table.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

X3N0-Life-Form wrote:Aaand here it comes.
Yep.
brasca wrote:Considering her earlier jealous boyfriend excuse this might be Amber's cue to walk in and help Ray with his acting.
That excuse should still stand for her, but I suspect that there are complicated things going on inside her head that mean she'll abandon it now. (Ray can assume it was just her polite excuse fro not kissing the gay Dillon or something.) From one angle, she really, really doesn't want to kiss ray, but there are other parts of her that do. There's a weird combination of the desire for experience, pure old-fashioned lust, and polite helpfulness, running round in her forebrain fighting her fear.

And no, I don't think that Amber will walk in - certainly not just yet. This is one of those moments that define Ruby's very confused personal saga; taking that away from her would be a narrative let-down. Plus, kissing Amber would weaken Ray's personal story too; he already fancies her, she's probably a competent kisser, she'd confirm his functional hetero side with no problem. Ruby, on the other hand, is an inexperienced kisser who might or might not make up for that with enthusiasm or determination - and I certainly want to see how she handles this.

So Ray might suffer a DiDi-with-Gary bad moment, feeling a total lack of passion that makes him think that he's distinctly bi-tending-gay - or he may experience cute, clumsy passion from Ruby that he kind of likes. And remember, he doesn't have a girlfriend at the moment, and he might want to affirm his heterosexuality by finding one...

So I return to my previous guess that Ruby may find herself with two admirers when she wasn't actually even looking for one. Ruby finding that the source of her perpetual embarrassment shifts from humiliation to excess would be interesting.
kouta wrote:I wonder how long it will be before Ruby finally slips up enough for everyone to realize she's really into Yaoi.
Dillon's already got more than enough evidence of that, once he stops to think. But that's becoming last week's joke; Ruby may find she has more to worry about than a little Dillon teasing.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

i'm certain that dillon wont be jealous or irrational about this in any way, shape, or form.

:|
Yet still, I live...

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Pucker up, Ruby! :))
Last edited by Milnoc on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

'J' wrote:i'm certain that dillon wont be jealous or irrational about this in any way, shape, or form.
I don't actually think he will be, at first. Dillon's a fairly laid-back kind of guy, and he's been at least trying to accept that Ray might not want to kiss him (see the immediately preceding strip). He may even be more concerned for Ruby; he does have some idea how naive and innocent she is. (In fact, he exaggerates it.) But if Ray starts showing a serious interest in Ruby - well, yes, Dillon may get a little pouty.

By the way, I do like how Ruby has turned into a connoisseur of other people kissing. She's a smart girl, and she's been paying attention to that yaoi.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Dun, Dun, DUN!!!

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:
'J' wrote:i'm certain that dillon wont be jealous or irrational about this in any way, shape, or form.
I don't actually think he will be, at first. Dillon's a fairly laid-back kind of guy, and he's been at least trying to accept that Ray might not want to kiss him (see the immediately preceding strip). He may even be more concerned for Ruby; he does have some idea how naive and innocent she is. (In fact, he exaggerates it.) But if Ray starts showing a serious interest in Ruby - well, yes, Dillon may get a little pouty.
With him assuming that Ray may be even slightly bi curious (despite Ray's obvious hesitation proving this fact to be a little less so now); it's easy to imagine Dillon coming up with whatever feeble excuse he can to keep Ray's lips for himself (this wouldn't be the first time he's done this - Dillon has a habit of being possessive when it comes to a guy hes latched unto; whether they're interested in him, or not).

If Ray insists of kissin Ruby, Dillon will be silently whining about how unfair it all is.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, SOMEONE is getting a dose of instant karma.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:With him assuming that Ray may be even slightly bi curious (despite Ray's obvious hesitation proving this fact to be a little less so now); it's easy to imagine Dillon coming up with whatever feeble excuse he can to keep Ray's lips for himself (this wouldn't be the first time he's done this - Dillon has a habit of being possessive when it comes to a guy hes latched unto; whether they're interested in him, or not).

If Ray insists of kissin Ruby, Dillon will be silently whining about how unfair it all is.
Whether Ray is bi-curious remains to be seen. (Dillon will be hoping so.) It's a simple fact that he's a little bit bi, though; Dillon's kiss showed him that he can definitely feel a twinge of interest in another guy, if it's the right other guy. How small a little bit it is, remains to be seen; it's perfectly possible that the twinge will never be substantial enough for him actually to get into bed with the other guy, however much that might disappoint Dillon (or Ruby).

And if he doesn't get any more Ray action, well yes, Dillon will be disappointed, and maybe a bit resentful if Ruby gets what he's missing. But to be fair to Dillon, he decided to admit his own gayness, in the full knowledge that Ray might react badly. (Ray has actually been very cool about it.) And then he said "I mean, if you don't, I'll understand." Dillon is gradually realising that he can't always have what he wants; Ruby is being that much of a good influence, and because it is her influence, he probably won't throw any overt snits at her for stealing Ray.

(Then, if Ray does fall for Ruby, and Ruby asks the nearest thing she's got to a friend she trusts in Montreal what she should do about it - then we'll see if Dillon can put other people ahead of himself.)
---------
Spidrift

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Panel 1 normal operations resume. Panel 2 switched from normal to super-award and a little bit cute.

Cue Ruby to give helpful advice in panels 2 and 3. Ray looking to make practice with Ruby in panel 4 with Ruby looking like the record scratched in her head.

She really stepped in it this time and it looks like she won't be looking for a way out. I can't blame her though, Ray is handsome.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Now kiiiiiiiiisssssssss. :p
sdb20150116.png
sdb20150116.png (109.6 KiB) Viewed 10008 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.