16-01-15 Do not hesitate

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

wiseguy

Re: 16-01-15 Do not hesitate

Post by wiseguy »

poor (insert either Ruby or Dillon)

the "jealous BF" in order to save Ruby from having to kiss Ray might be either Andy or Jerzey

and the practice girl might eventually appear. most obvious is Amber, but it might be Jerzey's sister
ImageImage

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Come on Ruby, live a little. Andy won't find out.

Or will he? :ymdevil:

Absinthe Green

Post by Absinthe Green »

Artemisia wrote:Well, SOMEONE is getting a dose of instant karma.
Win.
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
X3N0-Life-Form wrote:Aaand here it comes.
Yep.
brasca wrote:Considering her earlier jealous boyfriend excuse this might be Amber's cue to walk in and help Ray with his acting.
That excuse should still stand for her, but I suspect that there are complicated things going on inside her head that mean she'll abandon it now. (Ray can assume it was just her polite excuse fro not kissing the gay Dillon or something.) From one angle, she really, really doesn't want to kiss ray, but there are other parts of her that do. There's a weird combination of the desire for experience, pure old-fashioned lust, and polite helpfulness, running round in her forebrain fighting her fear.

And no, I don't think that Amber will walk in - certainly not just yet. This is one of those moments that define Ruby's very confused personal saga; taking that away from her would be a narrative let-down. Plus, kissing Amber would weaken Ray's personal story too; he already fancies her, she's probably a competent kisser, she'd confirm his functional hetero side with no problem. Ruby, on the other hand, is an inexperienced kisser who might or might not make up for that with enthusiasm or determination - and I certainly want to see how she handles this.

So Ray might suffer a DiDi-with-Gary bad moment, feeling a total lack of passion that makes him think that he's distinctly bi-tending-gay - or he may experience cute, clumsy passion from Ruby that he kind of likes. And remember, he doesn't have a girlfriend at the moment, and he might want to affirm his heterosexuality by finding one...

So I return to my previous guess that Ruby may find herself with two admirers when she wasn't actually even looking for one. Ruby finding that the source of her perpetual embarrassment shifts from humiliation to excess would be interesting.
Ray is there to learn to be a good actor and so far he's kissed a man in an effort to separate acting from any feelings he might have for the person he is kissing. Seeing as how Ray is familiar with Amber's work and approves of it the opportunity to kiss her without it meaning anything would be another way to help his acting. It could also create some tension between Dillon and Amber if Ray gets a crush on her shortly after that.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ray came to the apartment to learn acting, but right now he's got other things on his mind. He wants to confirm his heterosexuality before he can continue doing acting-lessons stuff. One thing at a time.

And unless Dillon decides that he has a serious chance with Ray - and he seems to have accepted that he probably doesn't, for now - Ray getting a hetero crush on a woman is unlike to phase him much. That's what Ray being hetero means.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.