Shouri

13-12-14 This is an emergency

Post by Shouri »

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 13-12-14 This is an emergency

Post by 'J' »

oh ruby, i love you.

and is it me, or do they not look like they're trying very hard to talk quietly?
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yep. Now she's settled in a bit and got the hang of Dillon, Ruby is actually showing a bit of edge. If she's ever allowed a bit of self-awareness, she'll be Peggy-grade formidable.

Is she going to agree to the kissing lessons thing in order to save Dillon from his own bad ideas?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Oh, Ruby is channeling snarky Rudy, looks like she doesn't even need the costume now :D

Razmos

Post by Razmos »

Minew looks so adorable in that last panel.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Still not feeding Minew I see, but the cat doesn't seem to mind :P

Mr. Bee

Post by Mr. Bee »

Razmos wrote:Minew looks so adorable in that last panel.
I know, right? This is Minew at the most adorbs ever. Just wanna hug that kitty. :ymhug: If only we could weaponize it, we could solve all the conflicts!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hogan wrote:Oh, Ruby is channeling snarky Rudy, looks like she doesn't even need the costume now :D
Not just snarky - perceptive. "First crush?" was a lucky guess, but a damn good one.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

If I could I'd give Ruby a fist-bump, a high-five, or whatever. She has earned it! \M/

Once she is on her game it seems that the BS train that Dillon tries to pull is no match for her.

Also Minew is cute as hell in this one.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

brasca

Post by brasca »

She's right of course, but it's a good thing Dillon is so self absorbed or he'd be needling her about her reading material.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Of course Ruby has her own issues and vulnerabilities - but they're not the point here, and Dillon himself would admit that she's not the one doing something highly morally questionable. This scene is about Dillon's misbehaviour, not anything Ruby has done.

In fact, by the time it's finished, Dillon might not want to remind either of them of these events, and so might never mention what Ruby was reading when they started.
---------
Spidrift

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

:ymapplause: for Ruby.

:ymhug: for Minew.

someboddy

Post by someboddy »

Ruby is finally getting back at Dillon for interrogating her.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Cats have awesome gaydar!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I like the little gesture in panel 3 that says that Dillon grabbing her arm like that was noticeably uncomfortable. Ruby isn't going to be one of Dillon's tolerant comedy props.
FlashD81 wrote:Once she is on her game it seems that the BS train that Dillon tries to pull is no match for her.
I suspect, thinking about it, that there'll still be times when Dillon will be able to bamboozle her. She's inexperienced, she knows zero about life as a gay man, and she's easily dragged out of her comfort zone. But what she isn't, is stupid. If Dillon tries lying to her blatantly, or tries to get by on pure fast talk, he's likely to get called on it.

Meanwhile, the "First crush?" guess may be an interesting case of accidental genre savvy. Ruby has just been burying herself in a heap of homoromantic stories, and Dillon likes to live his life as the protagonist of such a story - so now, Ruby can predict Dillon's plot developments...
---------
Spidrift