Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

09-12-14 A betrayal of trust

Post by Shouri »

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: 09-12-14 A betrayal of trust

Post by Artemisia »

Gods bless...Dillon, just come out to whatever this guy's name is already.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, poor Andy. Or maybe lucky Andy. He's going to find himself completely categorised as Ruby's boyfriend, but also with a reputation for furious jealousy.

On the other hand, if Ruby lets this go for whatever reason, Dillon is going to owe her a lot. If he remembers, which he won't.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

That knife through a Dillony skull needs to become someone's avvy STAT. :ymdevil:

Ray is an interesting mix of perceptive, yet gullible, it seems.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Ruby's thought bubble in the last panel is a nice touch. :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:That knife through a Dillony skull needs to become someone's avvy STAT.
Looks like a design for a tattoo to me.
just clever enough to be stupid, really. Not to mention presumptuously rude.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Ah, poor Andy. Or maybe lucky Andy. He's going to find himself completely categorised as Ruby's boyfriend, but also with a reputation for furious jealousy.

On the other hand, if Ruby lets this go for whatever reason, Dillon is going to owe her a lot. If he remembers, which he won't.
I think Ruby is more concerned that her penchant for yaoi goes unnoticed than Dillon owing her.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Dillon may lose a hand here. :))
sdb20141209.png
sdb20141209.png (120.72 KiB) Viewed 9538 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Dillon, Ruby is so going to kill you. :)) OH, I love that last panel.

I'm not sure where thing will progress now, but I'm sure I will enjoy watching it.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Don Alexander wrote:That knife through a Dillony skull needs to become someone's avvy STAT. :ymdevil:

up for grabs to whoever want it:
dillonskullav.gif
dillonskullav.gif (5.86 KiB) Viewed 9523 times
Yet still, I live...

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Dillon's not ashamed of being gay, but he's hiding it from his childhood friend so that...they can make out? So that he won't think of him differently? Just be honest...you need real friends that know and accept you for who you are. Not people who don't know what is a huge part of you (Dillon being a gigantic flirt) so you have to change yourself around them!

The lies will keep piling on..I want to know what he's gonna say to Ruby when she wonders why he didn't let her say he's gay hahaha.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bluntly, Dillon seems to be lying (mostly by omission) here mostly so he can get make-outs with Ray. Which is both short-sighted and more than a little skeevy of him. He may be scared that the (nice-seeming but rather, well, heteronormative-assuming) Ray will react badly, he may be fulfilling a life-long fantasy this way, but even his own conscience is on to this as a bad idea; logically, it just can't end well.
---------
Spidrift

Ilvy

Post by Ilvy »

Mwahahaha, I just love the skull! =))

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Heh, heh, DIBS ON THE NEW AVVY!

Also, I'd really like to see Ruby start biting. Dillon deserves to lose a finger or two for pulling Ruby into his lie. Or even better, Ruby removes Dillon's hand and continues with what she was saying about him like his interruption never happened.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

As I think you said yourself, Ruby is actually too polite for her own good. She's also likely to assume that Dillon had a good reason for stopping her from saying what she was obviously about to say, because she will tend to think that other people are reasonable.

What we should see later is Ruby finding out how badly Dillon is actually behaving here - towards Ray and herself - and saying something heavy about that. But the comic may be a bit intermittent in showing Ruby playing the voice of sense.
---------
Spidrift