A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 05-12-14 I got impatient

Post by 'J' »

dat expression!
Yet still, I live...

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

Don't give in to pressure Ruby. Just plainly ask "why on earth should I kiss him for your benefit?!".
Of course, she won't do it, despite it being perfectly in her character, because drama. Unless its Dillon's turn to be humiliated, but knowing authors its too soon, Ruby hadn't suffered enough.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

:)) Such beautiful expressions of shock and dismay! And no, Ruby won't speak up against Ray's suggestion simply because it's coming from relative stranger Ray, not Dillon or Amber. Despite her rather prickly disposition towards the latter two, Ruby's always been rather polite towards strangers, as demonstrated all the way back here with Dillon himself, when she'd just met him.

This was, of course, before she got to know and be thoroughly annoyed by Dillon.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Awk-WAAAAAARD!!!! =))

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

is not that hard for Dill, as he has kissed Amber acting wise(and probably others), and he kissed once Zii

the only thing is how hard it is for Ruby
ImageImage

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

Dillon can convincingly kiss women when he's acting. Ruby knows he will be acting. So possibly they can get through this without too much embarrassment. Or maybe not. :))

Ninja'd.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Oh god their expressions at the end reminds me of a part of a mass effect parody video. (look up gamer poop mass effect #4, adult humor probably NSFW) :))

Acting or not this could be an issue for the both of them. At any rate I don't think Dillon is going to be kissing Ray again any time soon.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

brasca

Post by brasca »

OldBrit wrote:Dillon can convincingly kiss women when he's acting. Ruby knows he will be acting. So possibly they can get through this without too much embarrassment. Or maybe not. :))

Ninja'd.
If it keeps Dillon and Ray distracted enough to avoid an interrogation which she would quickly collapse under then Ruby will help Ray for the sake of his acting education. And Dillon can also alleviate any guilt he might have felt about using this acting scenario to kiss his old friend if he is kissing someone he has no sexual interest.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

just hope he does not teach Ruby the SGR, last thing we need is for her to be the female Gary
ImageImage

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I can literally hear Dillon's brain/heart breaking in that last panel.

...it fills me with glee at his impending misery; whether it be having to watch Ray practice on Ruby instead of him, or being forced to teach by example by kissing Ruby, himself. :ymdevil:
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

=)) =)) =)) =))
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Heh. I honestly can't remember who first predicted that Ruby would get dragged in to assist with this kissing lesson, but it did have a certain dramatic inevitability. Also, there are a lot of things that these characters now want each other to forget; Ruby doesn't want Dillon to talk about her reading yaoi, Dillon doesn't want Ray asking about him owning yaoi...
Mackus wrote:Don't give in to pressure Ruby. Just plainly ask "why on earth should I kiss him for your benefit?!".
Which would be a perfectly good question, of course, but Ray will be thinking of Ruby as "Amber-Amber's sister and Dillon's friend", so in an unthinking way, this probably seems completely reasonable to him.

Also, I do still think that Ruby may convince herself that this could be useful for her. She may not be able to avoid kissing Andy again, and she seems quite embarrassed by her inexperience at heart. Getting kissing lessons from an inherently safe source might seem worth the embarrassment.
themacnut wrote:And no, Ruby won't speak up against Ray's suggestion simply because it's coming from relative stranger Ray, not Dillon or Amber. Despite her rather prickly disposition towards the latter two, Ruby's always been rather polite towards strangers, as demonstrated all the way back here with Dillon himself, when she'd just met him.
She's turned out to be a shy introvert. The spikiness is clearly defensive over-compensation, fuelled by anger at the stupid people who don't respect her preferences.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.