29-11-14 Flawless

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 29-11-14 Flawless

Post by Spidrift »

Like I said, I think that, having committed himself to this idea and had a drink to steady his nerves, he's going for it - trying to get it right and get it over with. Remember, his last job was in a notoriously fast-moving and quite dangerous sport.

Also, he looks to me like he's screwing his eyes up - the expression of someone plunging into a place they don't want to go.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

^ This.

He does not look enthusiastic to me at all, he looks more like he has to swallow some cod liver oil.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tako

Post by Tako »

Ruby has fallen to the Yaoi Side of the Force, and there is no way back for her... :p
Spidrift wrote:But one is used to it by now with this one.

As for Dillon - he may be getting what he wants, but I can't see that he's getting much that'll be good for him in any longer term. He's likely to drive himself to frustration, getting passionate snogs with a guy he can never actually have - and if Ray ever finds out what's really going on here, Dillon will probably lose an old friendship. In other words, as Ruby will be able to tell him if and when she gets over her current hormonal high, he's his own worst enemy, as usual.

Talking of which, we have another addition to the gallery of Ruby facial expressions.

Oh, and panel 1 scotches any theories about Ray being actively gay. It's still just possible that he's deeply in the closet, but I'm not buying it.
Yep, Dillon is quite adept at getting frustrated and hurt, falling for hetero guys like Gary and Ray and finding ways to make out with them despite knowing that it won't go anywhere, or falling for manwhores like Matt, or screwing those relationships that do work, like that with Jerzy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Mmm. As I said, if Ruby gets over that hormonal riptide enough to find out what's going on here, she may have to tell Dillon some more obvious home truths.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

If he really didn't like it or thought it was icky, the artist wouldn't have drawn blush marks I believe. He's probably just embarrassed about this as Dillon is his CHILDHOOD FRIEND. THAT HE IS NOW KISSING. Most people would be nervous about that even if it was for acting!

Many of you seem to want him to think Dillon is disgusting or gross...cod liver oil, really?

Ten

Post by Ten »

Can we get a much larger version of the "flawless" panel please?
I banged your mom.