Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Giz
Site Admin

21-11-14 I hate distractions

Post by Giz »

Continuity

Re: 21-11-14 I hate distractions

Post by Continuity »

Perhaps Ruby will get coerced into assisting Ray with his kissing lessons.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Giz, this one does not show as latest link or automatically for http://www.stickydillybuns.com
ImageImage

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Oops! Fixed!

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Continuity wrote:Perhaps Ruby will get coerced into assisting Ray with his kissing lessons.
looks like what I called is at its first step

we will see if I got the other steps too
wiseguy wrote:actually, Ray and Dill are about to do it, Ruby sees it while putting mags in its place, she gets excited but makes noise

she has to pretend she found it gross and Dillon says, I promised him lessons, and reluctantly says, either you do it or I have to do it

than Ruby steps in, at same time nervous about kissing a cute guy and mad that she did not see real boys kisses but having to pretend she finds it gross

and Poor Ray has to kiss a girl when he actually wants Dillon's kisses

result?

3 frustrated people
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dun-dun-DUN!

("Don't you have any magic bags in any colour apart from dun?")
Continuity wrote:Perhaps Ruby will get coerced into assisting Ray with his kissing lessons.
See previous threads, where this topic has been discussed a little.

Anyway - I'm not currently a cat owner, but I'm pretty sure that kittens make lousy bookmarks. Especially kittens which have been asking for food or attention for the last hour. Also, Ruby has taken her nice new book and rubbed a cat's bottom all over it. Yuck.

As for Dillon - he has apparently forgotten that he left Ruby in the apartment, and she said that she wasn't going anywhere. IQ ratings at ambient levels all round.

(Oh, and people who keep insisting that Ray must be gay, despite the total lack of evidence for that, might want to come up with explanations as to why he keeps being so impressed about Dillon knowing and living with Amber-Am... LaRose.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Might be because there hasn't been any real reason for Ray to even want to practice kissing Dillion. He hasn't said he was up for a part that required it, he just said he wanted to be a better actor. No need to kiss another male to be a better actor if you don't have a part that requires it.

Ray could also be bi and trying to hide it.

Or it could all just be a real simple/dumb way to get Ruby into a situation of seeing two guys kissing.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ray keeps saying that he really admires Dillon's ability to convey and project emotional connections. It's evidently his definition of "good acting". Plus, he suffers from the setting's standard, inexplicable tendency to hero-worship Dillon. So he's come to Dillon to learn "good acting" as he understands it - even though he sees that means getting more emotionally intimate with Dillon than he, as a straight guy, is used to or comfortable with.

He could be repressing bisexual tendencies - God knows it's common enough in the setting - but there's absolutely no reason to assume this yet. Occam's razor says that he's telling the truth when he says or implies that he's straight.

For her part, Ruby may end up watching them, or she may step into the room and say hello politely. If she's caught any of the conversation so far, she'll likely have gathered that this isn't a gay seduction, and anyway, her conscience might stop her from sneaking a peek, especially as Dillon should know that she's there and would probably tease her about it later. But she is a bit of a compulsive voyeur, and she might convince herself that it's rude to interrupt. However, Dillon has previously told her that she's not very good at spying on him there, and having got involved in advising Dillon on sorting out his love life, she might want to see what he's up to now. So she might end up messing up Dillon's chance of a kiss with Ray, to Dillon's impotent fury, and maybe even, as I suggested previously, insist on acting as Ray's kissing partner, especially if she convinces herself that she needs to learn something to avoid embarrassing herself with Andy.

As for Ray, incidentally - he's clearly having difficulty suppressing his "pwoah!" reflex with regard to Amber, and he may jump to incorrect conclusions regarding her sister. (Much to Ruby's annoyance, obviously.) Or he might learn more of the truth, and then decide that she's cute, because let's face it she is.

But anyhow, this is all wide open. It'd be smarter to wait until Tuesday and see where the setup goes, really.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Ruby's yaoi senses are tingling.
Spidrift wrote: Anyway - I'm not currently a cat owner, but I'm pretty sure that kittens make lousy bookmarks. Especially kittens which have been asking for food or attention for the last hour. Also, Ruby has taken her nice new book and rubbed a cat's bottom all over it. Yuck.
Just another excuse to go back to Jung's store to get a replacement. I can see Minew getting blamed for a lot of book related mishaps.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I iz not fuzzy bookstop! *shakes tiny pawz of righteous furry*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

brasca wrote:Ruby's yaoi senses are tingling.
They're doing a whole lot more than "tingling!" =))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:I iz not fuzzy bookstop! *shakes tiny pawz of righteous furry*
I think we want pictures of Don shaking his tiny furious paws.
---------
Spidrift

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

This is what I'm thinking; especially since Ray is nervous enough about kissing Dillon that he feels he needs alcohol to get through it.
Spidrift wrote:
Anyway - I'm not currently a cat owner, but I'm pretty sure that kittens make lousy bookmarks. Especially kittens which have been asking for food or attention for the last hour. Also, Ruby has taken her nice new book and rubbed a cat's bottom all over it. Yuck.
Rule of funny - don't take it so seriously. :p
As for Dillon - he has apparently forgotten that he left Ruby in the apartment, and she said that she wasn't going anywhere. IQ ratings at ambient levels all round.

(Oh, and people who keep insisting that Ray must be gay, despite the total lack of evidence for that, might want to come up with explanations as to why he keeps being so impressed about Dillon knowing and living with Amber-Am... LaRose.)
Or the fact that he asked for an alcoholic drink,considering what they're going to be doing (if he was gay, why be so nervous?)
Last edited by Fluffy on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's possible, but I still reckon that "insist on" is much more likely than "get coerced into". Dillon really, really wants to do this himself, and I'm sure that Ray is too polite to coerce a stranger - whereas Ruby might convince herself that getting kissing lessons in a controlled environment while saving Dillon from a big mistake is a worthwhile sacrifice.
---------
Spidrift

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I think the opposite, obviously.

Given the choice between kissing a guy (of whom he is clearly very nervous about doing such a thing with) or kissing a woman, I think Ray would opt for the woman; despite Dillon's protests against it. (Ray wants Dillon to coach him on how to kiss a woman in a believable fashion for on screen purposes; why wouldn't he think Dillon could teach him this technique on a female stand in if one were available- especially if he's the sort to automatically assume that Ruby is anything like Amber?)

It would just come down to convincing Ruby to go along with it in order for Dillon to save face (i.e.- I'm thinking she'll be coerced by the guys- Ray more than Dillon,really - more so than she insisting she be the stand in; and Dillon having to amp up his acting chops in order to hide his annoyance/disappointment at being denied kissy time with Ray).

And, as a side note- who's to say it wasn't the request for alcohol that caught Ruby's attention? Because you know she'll be pretty pissed if she thinks Dillon is going to have to ply someone with liquor in order to have Ray make out with him.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.