21-11-14 I hate distractions

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 21-11-14 I hate distractions

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, Ray would almost certainly take a female partner here rather than kissing Dillon. No argument there. I just can't see Dillon accepting the idea if he can possibly help it, or even if he can't. Good resolutions notwithstanding, Dillon has a downright childish tendency to grab a thing he wants and hang on hard - and he was squee-ing inside at the thought of kissing Ray. Take that away from him, and he might even throw a tantrum. I definitely can't see him suggesting it. Dillon doesn't care about face; he cares about getting what he wants.

And Ray might ask Ruby to act as his partner, especially if he's making assumptions about "the LaRose girls", but I can't see him pressing the point. He seems like a nice guy - he's not shown any jerk tendencies yet - and trying to coerce a girl into kissing him would make him a total jerk in a comedy like this (or in real life).

So I reckon that either the suggestion has to come from Ray and get rapid agreement from Ruby, or it has to come from Ruby herself. Which is just possible, for various reasons already noted. Then we could watch Dillon desperately trying to find reasons why it wouldn't work without using the words "I don't wanna".

Meanwhile, even if none of this happens - and this is all wild guesswork so far - we can most likely watch Dillon trying to tell Ruby not to tell Ray that he's gay. Which is going to be a stretch, because Ruby is incredibly truthful at the best of times, and she's hardly going to approve of Dillon's motives here.

As to the booze aspect - it's not clear how much Ruby caught of that conversation, but anyway... I'm sure that Ruby would disapprove of Dillon getting Ray drunk to have his evil way with him, but so far that's not happening; we're looking at one drink, at Ray's own specific suggestion. And Ruby is a Canadian, so she probably has more of a Canadian sense of proportion, rather than an American-Puritan view of alcohol. We have no evidence that she regards one drink as a big deal.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

That last panel :)) It really seems like Ruby's Libido is working overtime to compensate for all the sexual repression she has had in the past.

Once again I have NO PROOF but, I feel that Ray might bi but in the closet. It is just a gut feeling, and I could very well be wrong, but I can't shake it.

Ruby on the other hand is finally letting her self indulge in viewing, shall we say romantic interactions.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I think if Ray was either Bi or gay, he wouldn't be requesting an alcoholic drink in order to help him get through a kissing lesson with another dude.

He may be nervous; but not enough to want to start drinking before getting down to business.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

he might be nervous about how Dillon would see him as he is 100% sure that Dillon is a lady's man(does not know Dillon is a man's lady), the same way Sandra was about being with Didi, but more so, as Ray might know he likes guys, while Sandra was curious about whether she might like being with girls or not
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ray hasn't said or done anything that suggests he's gay, and has said and done several things that suggest he's straight. (For me, it's the way he looks at and talks about Amber that looks most casually, unfeignedly straight.) The only reason for guessing that he might be gay or bi is the plot twist/ironic joke that'd permit - and there are a lot more jokes and twists in him being straight.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, cats do like to sit on books. :p
sdb20141121.png
sdb20141121.png (123.08 KiB) Viewed 8475 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Minew's face in the last panel is making me laugh so hard. =))

And is Ruby going to get her camera phone out and take pictures? :))

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

last thing we need, she doing videos and pics of it, and she becoming online friends with iizii Rider 69
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Azrael wrote:Well, cats do like to sit on books. :p
But only if you are trying to read the book! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

https://ladyofthecakes.files.wordpress. ... 291233.jpg
I won't help you find out how to revive the Mouse
ImageImage

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Handsome cat.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

kitteh is not bookmark! More hijynx ensue.

is amber on her way back home?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Amber was last seen at the film set. We don't know how many scenes she still has to shoot, but if Dillon was thinking at all (which he probably wasn't), he'd have been silly to rush off like that if he knew that Amber was going to be following soon, destroying the privacy which he wants.

However, he didn't factor Ruby into his plans either, so who knows?
---------
Spidrift