04-11-14 Appease your conscience

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

ThePonyGuy

Re: 04-11-14 Appease your conscience

Post by ThePonyGuy »

Jung is officially moneysexual. A moneyphiliac. This is canon and you cannot deny it.

To be fair, he runs a comic book shop in Montreal and seems to live a pretty comfortable life. I wouldn't imagine that the income would normally be so good, but Jung's special talents do seem to enable him to earn quite the income.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20141104.png
sdb20141104.png (119.72 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:We'll worry later about the translation question. Actually, I'll worry more about the fragility of Ruby's structure of denial; it can't last much longer after this. For that matter, Ruby is surely likely to get hot and bothered after reading her way through that stack, and I wouldn't like to guess how she feels about masturbation.
Ruby seems to know enough basic knowledge about sex that she probably knows what it is and possibly does it. Like so many things she could have some rationalization for it. Perhaps she thinks she's checking for cysts.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

ThePonyGuy wrote:Jung is officially moneysexual. A moneyphiliac. This is canon and you cannot deny it.

To be fair, he runs a comic book shop in Montreal and seems to live a pretty comfortable life. I wouldn't imagine that the income would normally be so good, but Jung's special talents do seem to enable him to earn quite the income.
He's a competent shopkeeper who understands his geek (and other) customers, partly but not purely by virtue of being a geek himself. But he doesn't own the shop; presumably, his enthusiasm for sales indicates that he's on a bonus scheme.

And while he lives well enough, remember that he lives in his mother's basement, because it's the only way he can afford his food costs. Jung seems to be an example of very efficient budgeting making best use of a moderate income, rather than being really well off.
brasca wrote:
Spidrift wrote:We'll worry later about the translation question. Actually, I'll worry more about the fragility of Ruby's structure of denial; it can't last much longer after this. For that matter, Ruby is surely likely to get hot and bothered after reading her way through that stack, and I wouldn't like to guess how she feels about masturbation.
Ruby seems to know enough basic knowledge about sex that she probably knows what it is and possibly does it. Like so many things she could have some rationalization for it. Perhaps she thinks she's checking for cysts.
Something like that, possibly. She certainly knows what it is, but she's also very fastidious; remember the scene with Amber's love egg. And she likes to think that her mind rules her body. I suspect that, even if she does it, she feels conflicted and a bit confused on every occasion.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

her sex knowledge was basically encyclopedias and medical books, not penthouse, maxim or even cosmopolitan
ImageImage

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

Jung continues to remain one of my favorite characters. :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Is it me, or is SDB turning even more into the comic that Ma3 hinted it would be before it got sidetracked? A virgin nerd with actual psychological problems related to sex, two flatmates who'd like to help but who are too totally flaky to get the help right, and now Jung as amiable smartass?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Good catch. And all of this is because there is less sex overall. Mmmm. :-?
ThePonyGuy wrote:Jung is officially moneysexual. A moneyphiliac. This is canon and you cannot deny it.
Ninja'ed!

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
brasca wrote:
Something like that, possibly. She certainly knows what it is, but she's also very fastidious; remember the scene with Amber's love egg. And she likes to think that her mind rules her body. I suspect that, even if she does it, she feels conflicted and a bit confused on every occasion.
I think most of us would be revolted if we picked up one of our sibling's sex toys without knowing what it was. We probably wouldn't have the same reaction Ruby did, but I accept a certain degree of exaggeration for comedic effect.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, yes, but Ruby's fastidiousness has been established at other points too, and she's very clear that she wants to believe that she's too cerebral to get distracted by that sex stuff. She's not entirely broken; she can probably touch her own body okay given a large enough need or a strong enough urge - but I suspect that she'd have to dig herself out from under a small pile of self-disgust afterwards. And if she lets all that yaoi get to her without some form of relief, well, Amber and Dillon could discover what a really uptight and stressed-out Ruby looks like.
---------
Spidrift

leftturnonly

Post by leftturnonly »

I'm pleasantly surprised that Ruby might come out and tell Dillon the truth with no run around or goofy hijinx. Just a straight up "I did this, sorry, here I bought you new ones!"...... But I'm sure that won't happen at all :-j

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bear in mind that Ruby can confess to damaging the book without admitting to having been reading it. She's already dreamed up that dubious "it fell off the shelf and I was shocked by what I saw" story. She'd consider that an adequate compromise between telling the truth and embarrassing herself.

Of course, it's still a lie, so she'll still be awful at it and collapse like a house of cards if anyone even seems to be challenging it. And anyway, she won't give him the new books until ... she's ... checked them to make sure there's nothing he wouldn't like. Yes, that's definitely reasonable. It wouldn't be friendly to shock poor Dillon, would it?
Last edited by Spidrift on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Yep, that sounds like Ruby.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I look forward to her booming Dillon! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oops.

Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.
---------
Spidrift