31-10-14 Poor twisted freaks

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 31-10-14 Poor twisted freaks

Post by Spidrift »

themacnut wrote:Assuming the book's in English. If it's following the real-life sequences of events as Spidrift outlined, the book may be in Japanese, and if Ruby doesn't read Japanese, then no sale after all.
Unless she buys it anyway, just to try and puzzle out the story from the images, just as an exercise. Mind you, if she was interested in it at all (which she isn't), it would be strictly for the words... Maybe she can tell herself that she could learn Japanese? Good career move!* Or maybe someone could advise on the translation...

One suspects that Jung may even Have A Plan here.
themacnut wrote:And Ruby, according to your own definition, you are a quite the "poor twisted freak" yourself.
Her choice of words all but admits that. The denial isn't really sustainable, which is why watching the comic spin it out too long could get a bit painful. At best, Brasca is right and Ruby is fairly significantly psychologically damaged, which makes the comic less than really funny.

*Envisage: Five years down the line, comics time, and Ruby has a high-flying job in international finance, speciality the Japanese market. But she always blushes and changes the subject when colleagues ask how and why she learned the language so fluently.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

Artemisia wrote:I still think it'd be cool for him to be asexual :)
And then we'd have all the major sexualities represented!

...Except straight.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Gary and Sandra are straight. Zii, Matt, and Senna are bi. Dillon's gay. Kiley, Sonya, Didi and Pam are flexible. I don't think we have anyone who is flat out lesbian, though.

But I've always kind of seen Jung as asexual anyway. He seems to be able to find the aesthetics of Zii in her sexy costumes pleasing, but he hasn't shown any sexual interest in anyone in the series.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

From a purely outward perspective (it's not often that we are privy to his actual thought processes), I'd say he comes across about as sexually as I myself would.

And believe me, I'm anything but asexual!!! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

I think Jung is around so much of the fans of the special magazines, that he seems very aloof about the sex subject
ImageImage

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

Artemisia wrote:Gary and Sandra are straight. Zii, Matt, and Senna are bi. Dillon's gay. Kiley, Sonya, Didi and Pam are flexible. I don't think we have anyone who is flat out lesbian, though.

But I've always kind of seen Jung as asexual anyway. He seems to be able to find the aesthetics of Zii in her sexy costumes pleasing, but he hasn't shown any sexual interest in anyone in the series.
Shouldn't "homosexual" be considered a single sexuality? Why would we have "gay male" and "gay female" and not "asexual male" and "asexual female"?

And Didi was straight, too. Until she wasn't. I suppose Gary would count as straight, but Sandra was certainly willing to experiment.

Also, Senna's schlong didn't seem to bother Gary too much. Just saying. While I'm all for sexualities based on gender, that's not the way things work for most people.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Alright! Before anyone else gets the chance, I want to be the first to ship Jung and Ruby! :))

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Still smooth, Jung. :))
sdb20141031.png
sdb20141031.png (114.93 KiB) Viewed 6697 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Milnoc wrote:Alright! Before anyone else gets the chance, I want to be the first to ship Jung and Ruby! :))
I think people were shipping Jung and Ruby as soon as she spilled the grape juice. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:From a purely outward perspective (it's not often that we are privy to his actual thought processes), I'd say he comes across about as sexually as I myself would.

And believe me, I'm anything but asexual!!! :P
It's been noted before that anyone with a normal real-world level of interest in sex would come across as stone cold asexual in these comics. It's entirely possible, for all we know, that Jung has, say, a working long-distance relationship that he just doesn't mention much. Or that he'll suddenly turn up one day with a girlfriend (or boyfriend) on his arm, having happened to meet the right geek.

Full-on asexuals do exist in reality, but they're far outnumbered by the people with moderate sex drives who just happen to be between relationships at the moment and who aren't too worried about it.
Don Alexander wrote:I think people were shipping Jung and Ruby as soon as she spilled the grape juice. :P
Even with these comics "predicting that A and B would be in the same room soon" isn't actually the same as "shipping".
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Don Alexander wrote:
Milnoc wrote:Alright! Before anyone else gets the chance, I want to be the first to ship Jung and Ruby! :))
I think people were shipping Jung and Ruby as soon as she spilled the grape juice. :P
has my full support

for too many posters, "being in same room" is same as shipping

I don't think it would go this far, but some people already ship Zii/Ruby-Rudy just because both like Yaoi
ImageImage

Zee

Post by Zee »

I really like Jung, I'm glad others do, too.

I don't care what his sexuality is and I don't think it really matters. I agree that he works best in small doses and the more we know about it, the less well that works.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

ThePonyGuy wrote:
Artemisia wrote:Gary and Sandra are straight. Zii, Matt, and Senna are bi. Dillon's gay. Kiley, Sonya, Didi and Pam are flexible. I don't think we have anyone who is flat out lesbian, though.

Shouldn't "homosexual" be considered a single sexuality? Why would we have "gay male" and "gay female" and not "asexual male" and "asexual female"?

And Didi was straight, too. Until she wasn't. I suppose Gary would count as straight, but Sandra was certainly willing to experiment.

Also, Senna's schlong didn't seem to bother Gary too much. Just saying. While I'm all for sexualities based on gender, that's not the way things work for most people.
It seems to work fine for Gary. If maybe not to you, she's all woman to him. Hence, like we said, Gary is straight.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

ThePonyGuy wrote:

In a sense, you gave the perfect explanation right at the end there- there are a lot of lesbians who would balk at the idea that their representation in these strips is Dillon. I mentioned Gary and Sandra (male and female heterosexuals)...so why not male and female homosexuals?
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

guys who are guys and love women
Girls who are girls and like men
guys who are guys and love men
Girls who are girls and like women
guys who are guys and love women and men
Girls who are girls and like men and women
guys who are girls and love women
Girls who are guys and like men
guys who are girls and love men
Girls who are guys and like women
guys who are girls and love women and men
Girls who are guys and like men and women

and if we include transgenders and hermaphrodites, there are countless of possible combinations of what a person could be

some lesbians are very feminine(look like Amber) or very masculine(look like Chaz, son of Cher)

some gays are like Dillon, some look like Grizlzy Adams
ImageImage