Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

24-10-14 Replacement copy

Post by Shouri »

Neophyte Ronin

Re: 24-10-14 Replacement copy

Post by Neophyte Ronin »

Sort of the reason I'd not want to be in a massively public area perusing or requesting or purchasing or even SELLING any kind of licentious material. I once entered a sex shop on what I believed was a simple dare and purchased a silly gift for a friend of mine, just to prove that I ventured inside. I was paralyzed by fear even in there, so I can identify with Ruby's predicament. My archive dive was actually very uplifting, come to think of it.

Post-Script: Nifty product/venue placement on the first panel!

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

:)) =)) :-j
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, so no Zii encounter then (unless Ruby sticks around for an extended period somehow - probably not). Oh well, perhaps she'll return to the shop later as her confidence grows, and we'll get that scene then.

Anyhow, the important thing is that Ruby has just scored a first for the universe; she's boggled Jung. Points for that, however unintentional. And given that the shop is quiet at the moment, these two may get some kind of conversation, which could be fun; I can imagine Jung getting casually interested in someone so far away from his usual run of customers, and being enough of a salesman to try to put Ruby at her ease.

But oh dear, her embarrassment threshold needs adjustment, doesn't it? I mean, okay, this is a yaoi manga, but it's not like she's in a sex shop or anything.
Neophyte Ronin wrote:Post-Script: Nifty product/venue placement on the first panel!
The shop's had that name since the early days of Ma3, actually.
Last edited by Spidrift on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rpr

Post by rpr »

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

What else? :-)

Balancer

Post by Balancer »

So Ruby has levels in Ninja? Nice.

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

JUUUUUUNG!

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

I wonder... maybe Jung can hook Ruby up with a job here too? :ympray:
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! Its the honest ones you need to watch out for, since you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That has been suggested before.

He'd need approval from his manager, and Zii still seems to be holding the counter candy slot - which Ruby would hardly be comfortable with anyway. (She's got the looks, but being ogled by geeks would actually distress her.) So at most, she might take a short-term job sorting out Jung's accounts. I think she wants something with more prospects than "sidekick to a comics shop manager", anyway.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Althena

Post by Althena »

My two favorite people in one room!

I'm actually hoping for nothing Zii related and instead strike the beginnings of a posible friendship.

If Ruby's comedy is that she's embarrassed it would be actually a better pay off if she becomes uber confident in coming in and Zii happens to be there the day she asks aloud if any new Yaoi arrived.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Hey! Its a Junghan! He too, like Eulice, is still alive and kicking!
... or at least eating Jerky :)

And so Ruby enter the den of the Lustwolves aka geeks

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Althena wrote:I'm actually hoping for nothing Zii related and instead strike the beginnings of a posible friendship.
It'd be interesting. But if Ruby becomes at all regular at the shop, she'll bump into Zii eventually - and we know that she recognises Zii.
Althena wrote:If Ruby's comedy is that she's embarrassed...
It's always Ruby's comedy that she's embarrassed.
Althena wrote:...it would be actually a better pay off if she becomes uber confident in coming in and Zii happens to be there the day she asks aloud if any new Yaoi arrived.
That'd be a lot of progress for Ruby. She's an introvert who's embarrassed by anything to do with sex; asking loudly for yaoi would feel like sticking her hand in a meat grinder for her. And then Zii would just shrug, smirk, and start discussing what's good stuff (until Jung shushed both of them because they were scaring the teenage boys).
Hogan wrote:Hey! Its a Junghan! He too, like Eulice, is still alive and kicking!
He's been around in Ma3 quite recently, you know.
Hogan wrote:... or at least eating Jerky
Also, breathing, y'know...
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Ah, so no Zii encounter then (unless Ruby sticks around for an extended period somehow - probably not). Oh well, perhaps she'll return to the shop later as her confidence grows, and we'll get that scene then.

Anyhow, the important thing is that Ruby has just scored a first for the universe; she's boggled Jung. Points for that, however unintentional. And given that the shop is quiet at the moment, these two may get some kind of conversation, which could be fun; I can imagine Jung getting casually interested in someone so far away from his usual run of customers, and being enough of a salesman to try to put Ruby at her ease.
Jung can be snarky, but a sale is a sale and it's good to have steady customers which she could be if he handles this situation well. It doesn't look like Ruby will be meeting Zii this time, but I still have hopes that she'll pop up dressed as Rudy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, that would score points for comedy surprise. But it'd be overdoing things a bit; Ruby is embarrassed here, and the whole point of her being Rudy would be to prevent that. Plus, her big practical problem with the Rudy disguise was the voice, so she might not use it when she's going to have to talk to people, as here. And she's not doing the cough, which she does when she's trying to talk as Rudy.
---------
Spidrift

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:But oh dear, her embarrassment threshold needs adjustment, doesn't it? I mean, okay, this is a yaoi manga, but it's not like she's in a sex shop or anything.
Given how prim and proper (and sheltered?) she is, she's no doubt embarrassed to have anyone know she's been reading boy/boy love comics.

Regardless of how mainstream/acceptable it is nowadays, some people still find it awkward to purchase such material in person.

So, given her personality, her embarrassment is perfectly justified - as it fits her character.
Last edited by Fluffy on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.