Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

17-10-14 Just like you

Post by Shouri »

Hogan

Re: 17-10-14 Just like you

Post by Hogan »

One of the few times we've seen Dillion caught confused and on the wrong leg... nice actually :D

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

So Ray isn't necessarily gay - that question is still open - but he certainly seems either broad-minded or just willing to play games with people's assumptions.

Actually, we also don't know if he knows that Dillon is gay. Dillon doesn't seem to think so, but it seems likely that Dillon was aware of his own nature by the time he finished high school, and that they were still in touch then, so it would seem a bit odd if Ray had never found out. Oh well, Ruby got through college with the personality and self-awareness of a rather under-developed 17-year-old, so anything's possible, I guess.

And I would be assuming that this is the start of Dillon's next romantic plotline... But he still lives next door to Jerzy, so logically, that one isn't exactly finished. Well, things may just get more tangled for him. Whatevs.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

Why do i have a feeling that they become bitter rivals because Ray steals a role or two and perhaps a manager from Dillon?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

To me Ray is Young Nathan.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I could imagine Ray nabbing that gay crimefighter role. An ex-hockey player might actually be genuinely better suited to an action part, after all. Plus, if he is gay, he might be prepared to be nice to Nathan. One can imagine Dillon trying to save him from that mistake, only to be politely told to shove off.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

if Nathan gets Ray into his web, than Ray is either Gay or bisexual, but if Nathan offers that role to Ray in order to get Dillon mad................... than Ray might be into women, and possibly straight

I think Dill came out as a college guy. the first time we saw Ray was in a high school flashback, which could have been as seniors, thus the reason Ray truly thinks Dill is straight
ImageImage

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Well one thing is certain, Ray can still make Dillon blush.

My initial thought is that Ray is still clueless on Dillon's sexual preference. Unless there is more going on that I can see, Dillon will not be able to clear that up any time soon.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

You may be right, but given that Dillon could clear it up with two words, it'll require a certain amount of Dillonishness.
---------
Spidrift

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

<terns head to the side> I'm going to need your help in defining that last word Spid.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon-like behaviour - that is, usually melodramatic beyond all reason, and really not very intelligent.

Dillon can clear up any confusion on Ray's part by saying "I'm gay" the moment he can get a word in edgewise, and has no obvious reason not to do so. If he fails to say those words, it'll surely have to be for some dumb and melodramatic reason of his own.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

dumb and melodramatic reason of his own. = if I tell him I am gay, Ray will stop being my friend, I can't lose him!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dill loves to assume
ImageImage

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

I am so confused by Ray's hair color. What the heck is going on there?

Luxlucis

Post by Luxlucis »

Spidrift wrote:Dillon-like behaviour - that is, usually melodramatic beyond all reason, and really not very intelligent.

Dillon can clear up any confusion on Ray's part by saying "I'm gay" the moment he can get a word in edgewise, and has no obvious reason not to do so. If he fails to say those words, it'll surely have to be for some dumb and melodramatic reason of his own.
Yeah, because telling someone you are gay is so easy for everyone.

The more time you know someone the harder it is to tell them something that will change how they view you. I'm openly out at college and all my friends know about it except for two I met freshman year. I'm sure they know but we have never discussed it and let me tell you it isn't easy to just say that out of nowhere.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Optimus Kate wrote:I am so confused by Ray's hair color. What the heck is going on there?
I guess it's black but shiny, and there are multiple bright lights in the studio reflecting off it.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)