17-10-14 Just like you

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

brasca

Re: 17-10-14 Just like you

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:I could imagine Ray nabbing that gay crimefighter role. An ex-hockey player might actually be genuinely better suited to an action part, after all. Plus, if he is gay, he might be prepared to be nice to Nathan. One can imagine Dillon trying to save him from that mistake, only to be politely told to shove off.
Considering that time at the pet shop when Dillon wasn't all to convincing as a macho man Ray might get the part fair and square, but because Nathan is who he is Dillon could suspect he either extorted sexual favors to get it or he's getting back at Dillon for not reciprocating his latest advances. As such this could lead to more unnecessary drama and hurt feelings which is all well and good, but I'm more interested in the farcical humor.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Yeah, the hair is a little weird looking, like reverse frosting. Or blond guy coloured black and it's grown out now.
sdb20141017.png
sdb20141017.png (108.74 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Luxlucis wrote:Yeah, because telling someone you are gay is so easy for everyone.
I'm sure it's difficult for a lot of people. I imagine it may have been difficult for Dillon the first few times. But if Dillon has any problems these days with the idea of anyone who knows him guessing he's gay, why does he act ... like Dillon?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:As such this could lead to more unnecessary drama and hurt feelings which is all well and good, but I'm more interested in the farcical humor.
Uh, pardon? I mean, really, "Dillon throws a drama queen snit about an old friend getting a part he wanted" or "Dillon ties himself up in knots trying to warn Ray about Nathan without admitting too much about his own actions" strike me as rather typical SDB farcical plots.

They also involve rather less in the way of pain than many SDB plotlines. Consider some typical SDB material; "two guys destroy a perfectly good relationship through stupidity and jealousy", "old friend gets brutally jealous over basically unattainable love, is prepared to distort own identity to get even one night of affection", "young teenage girl emotionally traumatised at a public event, represses own sexuality for seven years and counting as a result", "trusted academic and teacher gives damagingly bad advice to naive pupil for the sake of voyeuristic thrills". Actually, this comic rather routinely treats some pretty dark material lightly for the sake of laughs.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

CFT

Post by CFT »

Azrael wrote:Yeah, the hair is a little weird looking, like reverse frosting. Or blond guy coloured black and it's grown.
Too much hair gel. :p
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED