Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 14-10-14 I am envious

Post by Azrael »

Hey new character to stir the mix with, Yay! :D
sdb20141014.png
sdb20141014.png (151.15 KiB) Viewed 10653 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Dillon's old friend/first crush re-appears.

I wonder if Dillon ever told him that he's gay?

This is bound to be interesting.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

Is it really so hard to tell Clara you're gay, Dillon?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh poo. A cut away from Ruby. When we only get two strips a week, and she's got an interesting scene coming up, I can't help but be irritated by this.
Azrael wrote:Hey new character to stir the mix with, Yay!
I was going to say two new characters - but oh, right, we've seen Ray before. Which presumably means that he may actually be significant to the plot. It looks like he may have been on a similar journey to Dillon since those school days. I'm guessing that Clara is probably just a one-time plot device, but who knows?

(Though it's a fair sign of how irrationally uninterested I am in Dillon that my main response to this strip is to feel sorry for Clara.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

since Jung will be part of Dillon(almost guaranteed that Ruby will go to comic shop managed by him), maybe Clara/jung?
ImageImage

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

Gotta say, new girl looks kinda cute
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! Its the honest ones you need to watch out for, since you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

That was a breeze of fresh air!
wiseguy wrote:maybe Clara/jung?
Welcome to the Internet. Where people are shipped before they even both appear in the same comic. Est. ~1980s :ymdevil:
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Frostbite wrote:Gotta say, new girl looks kinda cute
Of course she does; she's a Giz character under the age of seventy.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

hmm, as dillon's movie career picks up, he may increasingly attract unwanted female attention.

that could be interesting.
Yet still, I live...

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Dillon if a nice girl is hitting on you like that just remember it is OK to let them know you are gay... or have an old crush do it for you. This is an interesting development. I wonder how long it has been since Dillon last saw Ray.

Meanwhile poor Clara here is barking up the wrong tree.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

brasca

Post by brasca »

TheEighth wrote:Dillon's old friend/first crush re-appears.

I wonder if Dillon ever told him that he's gay?

This is bound to be interesting.
I wonder if he told Dillon he's gay?

In that flashback Dillon wasn't out, but with Ray it's ambiguous. He knows Dillon is interested in someone, but assumes a girl. Either he was lacking gaydar or didn't realize his sexuality until a few years later or all of what he's doing right now is just to ward off an admirer.

Hopefully, not too much. Clara seems nice so I hope to see her around again.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

'J' wrote:hmm, as dillon's movie career picks up, he may increasingly attract unwanted female attention.

that could be interesting.
Dillon is a good-looking guy with nice manners. Not surprisingly, to judge by that dream sequence, he's been attracting female glances more or less since puberty; by the end of high school, he'd ended up in an experimental threesome with two girls. I really can't believe that he hasn't had some practice politely fending off female attention. He may still feel a bit awkward about it, and Ray may just have saved him a few seconds of embarrassment, but that must surely be all.

If he achieves some level of stardom, he may have to deal with a bit more sub-groupie interest - but you can bet that any interviews or entertainment news pieces that boost his fame will also mention that he's gay. He doesn't exactly hide it very well.
brasca wrote:In that flashback Dillon wasn't out, but with Ray it's ambiguous. He knows Dillon is interested in someone, but assumes a girl. Either he was lacking gaydar or didn't realize his sexuality until a few years later or all of what he's doing right now is just to ward off an admirer.
I'm assuming that Ray is gay; he's presumably going to be around the comic for at least a few more strips, and straight men are generally careful about acting gay in circumstances that could lead to extended misunderstandings. I'd guess that he hadn't recognised his own sexuality in that flashback, or he was in denial; his style then was just a bit too bro-ish. But he and Dillon were young-ish teens there; a degree of confusion about everything would have been pretty much inevitable.

But honestly, this is building assumptions on sand; we haven't really seen enough of Ray yet to say anything for certain.
---------
Spidrift

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Aw! Clara better not be a throwaway, she's adorable! I love her eyes in Panel 3.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

leftturnonly

Post by leftturnonly »

She reminds me of faith quite a bit.