14-10-14 I am envious

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

DrAngryEd

Re: 14-10-14 I am envious

Post by DrAngryEd »

The fact he's pretending to be Dillon's date reveals that at some point his friend's sexual prefferences were revealed, but who knows if Dillon himself came out or if the circumstances outed him.
I really want to know the story behind that friendship.
"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."

Captain Phantom F. Harlock I

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon went from harassed-looking early teen who looked like he was just getting the hang of his sexuality, to apparently fairly relaxed consciously gay guy who didn't sweat it much when two atteactive naked girls together didn't do anything for him, before he left school. I'd assume that he came out, including to Ray, and whatever temporary confusion that caused, Ray came to be cool with it. Assuming Ray is actually gay himself, they may even have discovered ... stuff ... together.

On the other hand, it's just possible that Ray in this scene is taunting or teasing Dillon somehow... We'll just have to wait to find out on Friday. Much though I'd prefer to cut back to Ruby.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

AHOY! THE CLAGARY HAS SET SAIL! :ymparty:

:p
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Naaa. Clara is too polite to go after someone who's taken, and Gary is currently being taken repeatedly.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

philippos42

Post by philippos42 »

No! Clara is going to steal page time from the adorable Esther!

Well, she has cute droopy eyes....

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Be careful, or someone will launch the good ship Claresther. Actually, given the shortage of good untaken straight men in this universe, and the excess of attractive women (evident on film sets as well as waiting tables), a certain amount of situational lesbianism might actually be understandable.
---------
Spidrift

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Spidrift wrote:Naaa. Clara is too polite to go after someone who's taken, and Gary is currently being taken repeatedly.
I think we could say, more accurately, that Gary is currently being taken for granted. And yeah, repeatedly. I grant you that.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Ray was and is gay? has not been confirmed so far either way or even bi.............and he thinks Dill is straight, but wanted to avoid Clara, so in his mind, he rescued "straight Dilly" and Dillon as an actor is not the shy/geek he was in HS

http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... meone_else

BTW

when Dill looked at Julie, he imagined it was Jerzie? Gary? Ray? Matt? :ymdevil:
ImageImage

magco2000

Post by magco2000 »

Poor girl , wait he is dillon...
lucky girl :))
Gary approves
this topic or post

Image Image
shh :-$ ... Pandy is sleeping / Tiff :x

Katai

Post by Katai »

That would be a nice punt to the trope. Dillon had a crush on his best friend in high school, and the best friend actually reciprocates? Sounds like a pixie trix story.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

lordoffiling wrote:Aw! Clara better not be a throwaway, she's adorable! I love her eyes in Panel 3.
How many times have one-off caracters been given a name tag? ;)
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Occasionally. See the full list of keywords. Among the genuine one-offs (as opposed to fantasy figures and side-plot characters), Sophie is much missed, and one hopes that Helena has found a better job by now. There have also been two Adriens, one of whom only appeared once and who had one of those jobs that a certain type of man would put down on his career plans.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

and some who are not named, but had some "like her"s like the freckled girl in Christmas past strip (click Kevin), and Jung appears twice in the list, once under Jung, and 34 times under Jungham
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yeah, the keywords could use some cleaning up...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)