Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

07-10-14 Neither can I

Post by Shouri »

Spidrift

Re: 07-10-14 Neither can I

Post by Spidrift »

Oops. No interruption after all. There's more than one way of embarrassing a Ruby.

Trip to the Pixietrix shop indicated, I suspect - buying a new copy there being less embarrassing (and wrong) than leaving a damaged copy on Dillon's shelf, after all. So what are the odds of Zii getting a call from Jung to cover this Sunday?

(Though Ruby meeting Jung could be more subtly fun.)

Good art today, too. Ruby is getting a range of facial expressions that don't depend on her being drawn as a large-mouthed cartoon.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

Ooh, someone is gonna have some explaining to do /:)
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! Its the honest ones you need to watch out for, since you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Ruby is adorable in today's update. I somewhat expect her to disguise herself as Rudy before leaving to fetch a replacement. How others perceive her is important to her, after all.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Spidrift wrote:Trip to the Pixietrix shop indicated, I suspect - buying a new copy there being less embarrassing (and wrong) than leaving a damaged copy on Dillon's shelf, after all. So what are the odds of Zii getting a call from Jung to cover this Sunday?

(Though Ruby meeting Jung could be more subtly fun.)
having ruby run into one of her big sister's cool older friends could be really interesting.

or, getting to watch ruby trade snarks with junghan could also be a lot of fun.
Yet still, I live...

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

The strip isn't appearing on the page for me. :(

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Frostbite wrote:Ooh, someone is gonna have some explaining to do
Hence the likely trip to the comics shop. She could hope to have a new copy in hand before Dillon gets home.
Mandy wrote:I somewhat expect her to disguise herself as Rudy before leaving to fetch a replacement. How others perceive her is important to her, after all.
She might, but she seemed to have a lot more trouble with the voice as Rudy than she did with the appearance. And she doesn't expect to meet anyone who knows her in the shop, so going as herself would feel safe enough.

Of course, that means that Zii will certainly be behind the counter. Conversely, if she goes as Rudy - well, I would predict that Gary would be there, but he's a tiny bit busy just now. I guess that Jung might have noticed Rudy at the gig...

(Oh dear, fanfic spins off from there. Some people keep suggesting that Jung might be gay, for no specific reason - but if he is, would a confused-seeming, plump guy with an ignorant interest in yaoi appeal to him?)
'J' wrote:having ruby run into one of her big sister's cool older friends could be really interesting.
The only cool one likely to hang around in comics shops would be Zii. (Well, okay, Dillon must buy his yaoi somewhere.) And we know that Ruby remembers Zii, was reminded of her existence only the previous night, and in fact has a raw point of embarrassed annoyance in regard to Zii.
'J' wrote:or, getting to watch ruby trade snarks with junghan could also be a lot of fun.
Unfortunately, Jung would have all the advantages there - home turf, plus knowledge of a subject which Ruby would have to mention but which she'll find excruciatingly embarrassing.

Though I could start (*spit*) shipping Ruby x Jung or Jung x Rudy at this rate. Frankly, Jung would suit Ruby a lot better than Andy does.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Ronfar

Post by Ronfar »

Lokitsu wrote:The strip isn't appearing on the page for me. :(
Same here. It's not my adblocker, either.

CFT

Post by CFT »

It doesn't appear for me either, but I used the direct link to the image.
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

If it were milk instead of grape juice, Dillon would have believed it was his fault. ;)

pollywog

Post by pollywog »

Looking at the HTML source I see no link to the comic image page. This was in both Firefox and Chrome, and with all extensions disabled.
The direct link to the image that CFT posted works for me too.

uncle_wilf

Post by uncle_wilf »

Ctrl-F5 worked for me.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Thanks @CTF for the direct link, otherwise I would have been able to see the comic.

Poor Ruby is in a spot of trouble now. I'm going to throw my hat in with the crowd that thinks she will go to Pixie Trix for a replacement copy.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

I think Ruby has become my favourite person in this universe, period.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Hescotti

Post by Hescotti »

What a perfect expression! Next meow will be translated as "I told you so..."