Postcards and Previews

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Postcards and Previews

Post by Artemisia »

Since half of the creative team is on a plane home....we get some postcard previews!
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: Postcards and Previews

Post by Ravenhull »

dat Ruby...
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

brasca

Post by brasca »

I would've liked a strip... but this will do. ;)

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

And 5 seconds after Dillon took that pic of Ruby, Ruby broke his camera phone.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

As I posted in another thread. I wonder why Dillion is dressed up as a girl for Jerzy. :p

brasca

Post by brasca »

Quinlan1973 wrote:And 5 seconds after Dillon took that pic of Ruby, Ruby broke his camera phone.
. I think it's a fantasy unless Dillon talked her into wearing a bikini, but that would have to be one highly contrived situation.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

<sees Ruby in a Bikini> :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing:
I can live with this. :x
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Or it could be one from before the strip started, possibly instigated by that same teacher... And now she'd freak if somebody saw it.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Darn. I'm really curious where the writers are going with the current Ruby characterisation. Oh well, roll on Tuesday.

In the meantime, being unable to muster much enthusiasm for discussion of Dillon, I'm thinking about that Ruby postcard. Now, having finished going "Mmmmm"... The postcards really aren't usually canon, of course - they're pin-ups and little jokes. But that said, well, what could actually get Ruby into, not only a bikini, but a strikingly skimpy bikini? And maybe even on a beach? Let's list a few possible answers, in chronological order:

1. This was her private follow-up to the selfie incident of two years ago. She really does have problems controlling her (perfectly justified) pride in her own looks. So she went out and bought that bikini, used a timer on the camera, and Photoshopped herself onto a beach scene. Then she whimpered, smacked herself in the face, and burned the bikini.

2. Last summer, her parents insisted on taking her on holiday with them, and her mother kept harping on about vitamin D deficiency. Ruby grumbled a lot, bought the first swimsuit she saw in the shop at random without looking at it, and then refused to back down from wearing it. She spent the holiday under a parasol, reading an accountancy textbook and scowling at any man who came within fifty metres. Her mother snagged this photo in an unguarded moment. Ruby doesn't know it exists, and will kill her mother if she ever finds out.

3. Dillon slipped this swimsuit into her shopping basket at the store, when she wasn't looking. She didn't notice it until she reached the till, and she was then too embarrassed to put it back. (It was the same basket as the jeans, so Dillon did pay for it.) She secretly tried it on when she got home (that secret pride in her own looks, remember), and this scene then played out in her own imagination.

4. At some point in the near future, Andy will somehow get her to join him in a trip to the beach. Amber says something about Ruby's swimsuit being fine for swimming but not for the beach, and Ruby flares up and tells her and Dillon that she can shop for herself, she doesn't need them treating her as a pet. She then goes shopping in haste, and her determination not to back down combines with a subconscious desire to impress Andy. This incident will take her weeks to get over, mostly because she enjoys it far too much. Somehow persuading herself to roleplay the part of a beach bunny may help.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

While those scenarios may be plausible I don't see when there would ever be a moment where she would strike a pose similar to Copenhagen's Little Mermaid.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Somewhat similar, but actually, frankly, the open legs make the pose rather more crudely pinup-ish. Anyhow , it's still possible.

In 1, she'd be striking a pose in private, working through her own private fantasies before she realises that this isn't very classy. In 2, her mother caught her in an unguarded moment of pure random accident, when she was standing up ineptly from sitting on a rock. In 3, this is playing out in her imagination, and she'll spend the next ten minutes yelling at herself for falling into stupid undignified fantasies. And in 4, she's dozed off in the sun, some kid has rolled a beachball her way, and she comes round from a dream to discover herself in this pose just as Andy shows up with a couple of icecreams.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, whaddaya know, Ruby is actually kinda cute. :P

Also, is Dillon in prison in the second pic? Which normal swimming pool has tiny little windows in thick walls with bars in them?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

I think that may be a gay gym/bathhouse

Quote removed. The DAMNed
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20140919b.png
sdb20140919b.png (65.88 KiB) Viewed 8469 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.