29-08-14 Oprah never lies

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

JoybuzzerX
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:02 am

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by JoybuzzerX » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Eisu wrote:
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Zippy wrote:YYYY-MM-DD is usually called ISO style.
DD-MM-YYYY is UK style
MM-DD-YYYY is US style, and makes the least sense of the three (the others go big-medium-small and small-medium-big. Medium-Small-Big, OTOH...)
because when we say it, we say August 29th 2014? Soooo....MM-DD-YYYY makes sense :p
In Malaysia, we follow the UK style, which also makes sense when you say it as 29th August 2014. Or 29th of August 2014.
I think the August 29th 2014 flows a bit better than 29th August 2014 of the tip of ones tongue. 29th of August 2014 flows, but that adds another word and we can't have that :p

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5600
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by Error of Logic » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:44 pm

Hooray for Ruby! ^^

User avatar
Zippy
Posts: 1072
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:15 am

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by Zippy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:17 pm

JoybuzzerX wrote:I think the August 29th 2014 flows a bit better than 29th August 2014 of the tip of ones tongue. 29th of August 2014 flows, but that adds another word and we can't have that :p
Oh, so it be yer fault there was that spell when US people tried to get rid of the "and" in "X hundred and Y"? :p

User avatar
Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Posts: 5459
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:23 pm
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by Radbaron » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:55 pm

For some, it was August 29th
For others, the 29th of August.
For me, it was just another Friday.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Image

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5600
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by Error of Logic » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:26 pm

For me, it was just another day to curse Nathan for being a sleezebag and facepalm at Dillon's general stupidity.

User avatar
Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Posts: 27829
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by Don Alexander » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Radbaron wrote:For some, it was August 29th
For others, the 29th of August.
For me, it was just another Friday.
For you, it was the day Bison graced your village and your whole life changed.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 2105
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by Cortez » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:04 pm

TheEighth wrote: Should Nathan meet Gary, I could totally see him trying to get Gary into bed with him by threatening Amber and Dillon's careers.
That would be a step too far.

User avatar
Schmorgluck
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by Schmorgluck » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:31 pm

The only thing that would make it good would be the spectacular and wacky retaliation, even better if designed by Zii.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Odd Man Out
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:35 am

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by Odd Man Out » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:34 pm

I think the true sign of Ruby's understanding of Dillon is that she doesn't bother mentioning that Oprah could be wrong (or, shock, lie). He's clearly not going to believe that so go for a more viable target and point out that Nathan's got a reason to cheat at this game of telephone.

User avatar
TheEighth
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:44 am
Location: Nacogdoches, TX

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by TheEighth » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Cortez wrote:
TheEighth wrote: Should Nathan meet Gary, I could totally see him trying to get Gary into bed with him by threatening Amber and Dillon's careers.
That would be a step too far.
Meh....maybe so.

I guess it depends on just how sleazy and opportunistic he is.

He's more than willing to abuse his power to have sex with the people who work for him, his denial of his sexuality just makes him all the more interesting to me. Enjoying sex with Dillon and having him and Amber act out his twincest fantasy leans to him being bi(which frankly I'd like to see as Matt and possibly Erik are the only other confirmed bisexual guys in the continuity)

Nathan's already bold enough to go behind his wife's back to have sex with his employees, who's to say he wouldn't go behind his employees backs' to try and have sex with their friends? Use their careers and the promise of their future opportunities as leverage to get what he wants.

This is why I hope he gets more development.
He's a slate with plenty of room for carving.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 12492
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by Spidrift » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:28 pm

This is just stupid. Nathan is a routine adulterous sleazebag, like you can find in packs of a dozen in any sex comedy (or for that matter real life), with nothing interesting to say about him. (Okay, he's bi. Whoop de doop. This is Menage a 3.) He was used for one joke about him being an adulterous sleazebag, at the end of which, Amber and Dillon had got such an advantage over him that they had his agreement in writing to everything they wanted. If he annoys them, they could expose him to his wife or his business colleagues, and he couldn't touch them. And for that matter, Gary isn't even his type; he goes for girls and effeminate gay guys.

He's a dead joke and a powerless, flat character. Wank fantasies about him chasing Gary would break what little character he has, and make no plot sense. Let it go.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
TheEighth
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:44 am
Location: Nacogdoches, TX

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by TheEighth » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Spidrift wrote:This is just stupid. Nathan is a routine adulterous sleazebag, like you can find in packs of a dozen in any sex comedy (or for that matter real life), with nothing interesting to say about him. (Okay, he's bi. Whoop de doop. This is Menage a 3.) He was used for one joke about him being an adulterous sleazebag, at the end of which, Amber and Dillon had got such an advantage over him that they had his agreement in writing to everything they wanted. If he annoys them, they could expose him to his wife or his business colleagues, and he couldn't touch them. And for that matter, Gary isn't even his type; he goes for girls and effeminate gay guys.

He's a dead joke and a powerless, flat character. Wank fantasies about him chasing Gary would break what little character he has, and make no plot sense. Let it go.

.......ooooooooook?

Dude, take a breath and step back. It's random speculation.
In case you haven't noticed, I do a lot of that on each forum.
Excuse me for having an imagination.

Relax.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 12492
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by Spidrift » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:51 pm

If that's the best your imagination can come up with...

Oh, *plonk*.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
chupacabra555
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:01 am

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by chupacabra555 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:16 am

Gotta admit, I'm a bit surprised that a character pointed out what would otherwise be a somewhat obvious fact: A Straight man who knowingly has sexual relations with someone of the same gender/possessing the same genitals is not fully 'straight', but in some form of denial about his sexuality.

With some changes, kind of the same thing when Gary was 'drunked' into having sex with Senna :-?

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 12492
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by Spidrift » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:52 am

Sigh. We've been here before. One shouldn't rise to the troll's bait, but let's just say this once.

"Same gender" is not the same thing as "possessing the same genitals". Dillon is a (gay) man; Senna is a (trans) woman. It is possible for Gary to mentally classify Senna as female, and hence to have straight sex with her - though it's also possible for him to then get a bit confused about what he's just done when he thinks about it. The fact that he does get confused kind of establishes that he's straight, in fact. The fact that Nathan never actually denies that Dillon is male establishes Nathan as bi.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Post Reply