Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Giz
Site Admin

22-08-14 Hugging me kissing me

Post by Giz »

brasca

Re: 22-08-14 Hugging me kissing me

Post by brasca »

Best for Ruby to find this out now. Next time she might say something she'd regret when Amber is there.

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

Lots of people called that she'd say Dillon was taking advantage of her, but luckily he's good enough at defending himself that it's obvious even to her that the situation is a bit different
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, another "Embarrassed Ruby" strip. Nice to know that there are some things we can rely on.
brasca wrote:Best for Ruby to find this out now. Next time she might say something she'd regret when Amber is there.
I'm not sure that she'd regard saying too much to Amber as much worse than saying too much to Dillon -- though I guess that her relationship with her sister is notably more messed-up and complicated than her mere ongoing irritation with Dillon. On the other hand, Amber is probably less likely to go on about it for hours afterwards. However, I'm not sure that this is quite so likely to happen with Amber. I get the impression that she was responding, however subconsciously, to having an attractive man in the same bed.

Anyway, this should logically remove the risk of her having to share a bed with Dillon again. Both of them now have negative associations for the experience. Unfortunately, that probably won't stop Dillon, and of course Ruby's willpower automatically collapses in the face of plot necessity.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Blushing Ruby is so cute in the last panel ! :x
"Not uneexciting", that's exactly this ! Love this expression ! :))

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

You, know, for once I'm pretty much on Dillon's side but his "Your words, they WOUND me!" posture in panel 2 is still putting me off.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He's just being himself (i.e. a hopeless drama queen). His very habitual "You know..." upraised finger in panel 4 is just more of the same.

Though, as to being on his side - he's perfectly entitled to complain that Ruby was the one draping herself all over him, and her denial is just becoming ridiculous now, but the way he teases her at every opportunity, to the point of humiliation, still looks like bullying to me. He might have been excused for just quoting her, but that pose in panel 3 is just about taunting her.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I know. Just when I can reasonably defend his actions he then has to keep pressing buttons. Poor Ruby is more than capable of making an embarrassing situation worse just by continuing to talk. Dillon doesn't need to help.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

:)) =)) Yep, that's just about how I expected this scene to go, only with more slapping. But Ruby's not violent by nature, so I'm not too disappointed that Dillon didn't feel her painful wrath. As for embarrassing her, well, even though Ruby makes it so easy, it seems that Dillon hasn't got bored of piling on the embarrassment. Ruby's simply going to have to learn to stop making it so easy. Or start hitting Dillon when he piles on.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

*singing* I hear the secrets that you keep. When you're talking in your sleep.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

Just imagine if she admitted that in her dream, she slowly transformed into Dillon...

Now THAT'S an awkward conversation.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Well that happened about as smooth as I expected. Ruby needed to understand was she did but at the same time I think Dillon is over doing it a bit.

(no predictions or extra words for now, currently feeling :ymsick: )
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Optimus Kate wrote:Just imagine if she admitted that in her dream, she slowly transformed into Dillon...

Now THAT'S an awkward conversation.
Awkward for her, certainly. (And on current form, she'll probably blab the fact soon.) Do you think it would worry Dillon, though?

Actually, that could take the conversation in interesting directions. Dillon has rightly called her out for calling herself boring - but she did that while in the person of Dillon, and he's the one who called the things she values "boring". She may well suspect that she's interesting to him to exactly the degree that he can turn her into a different person.
---------
Spidrift

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

I'm not too sure how Dillon would react. I imagine flattered at first and then casually sliding into creeped out as it starts to sink in more.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Frankly, that's deeper than I can credit to Dillon. I can't see him getting beyond the flattered stage. But your mileage may vary. Actually, his own flashback, a couple of strips ago, may remind him about what it's like to feel embarrassed, if he thinks about it. But... that's a big "if".

Meanwhile, I took a skim through Ruby's past appearances, and I'm now sure that strips in which she's embarrassed, angry at something embarrassing, or talking (usually angrily) about some past embarrassment, significantly outnumber those in which she's reasonably relaxed. I know, she's a comedy character with "being embarrassed" as her schtick - but a new joke might be interesting, and I'm beginning to worry for her blood pressure.
---------
Spidrift