06-08-14 Can we snuggle

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Geeno

Re: 06-08-14 Can we snuggle

Post by Geeno »

@TCampbell: While I can't say I agree with you completely, I am content to leave these matters to the creators, and would just like to thank you for actually participating here which is not a requirement of your job.
PIXIE MEL!!!

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

So...there goes the bookends theme, or is that Ma3 only?
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

bookends I think is a Ma3 thing only

about Dillon and how so many of us dislike him

I think is more about "funny rules" and not "sensible and mature rules"

the closest to Dillon's annoyance would be Urkel

Urkel started as a "background character" to do some small gags, but grew so much that he became the "de facto" main character of Family Matters

the main dynamics of the show became how close urkel and the Winslow dad became, and how Winslow family made little by little Urkel a better and more confidant person

Urkel is a character that seeing him in a show is cool, but you hope you never encounter in real life

the saving grace for Dillon in the future in "his comic strip" (is Sticky Dilly Buns ) would be one or more characters to become the "Winslow Family" for Dillon, right now the only 2 "more or less mature characters" for him would be Amber and Jerzey, Ruby has too many "issues" to realisticly become the "mature supporter" for him................. it would be funny if eventually Dillon and Angel end up needing each other to mature as Dill is Drama queen and Angel is the "once mine, always mine" character
ImageImage

CFT

Post by CFT »

JTheCreator wrote:So...there goes the bookends theme, or is that Ma3 only?
There is a bookend. It's a bit subtle though:

- In strip #1, a Larose sister (Amber) says "Dilly ... never change", while
- In strip #150, the other Larose sister (Ruby) says (mostly addressed to Dillon as well) the exact opposite: "something's gotta change here".
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Indeed. There's a similar verbal-only bookend in SotR, incidentally. It's hardly subtle, though (which is why both had actually been noted already on the boards); just not visual.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Let me just say: Congrats on finishing Volume 1! :-bd
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)